The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

what.

he's shown disrespect by not wearing a tie?

bonkers, utterly bonkers codswallop. That is a tunbridge wells level of farcical outrage. No **** notices that irrelevance, and trying to quantify how much "respect" he may give personally based on his attire is just tripe.

Lesson one in the witty retort handbook for VT is read the thread first before posting

It was the top button , it was acknowledged he wore a tie   :P

Ah the old Michael Foot gambit, when is the new Falklands War?

you mean the donkey jacket shit first raised by that well known tory ChrisP65 

Nope I think you'll find it was AWOL one post before

It's a pity that at the memorial service for the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain in St Pauls Corbyn couldn't be bothered to dress himself properly.

I hate wearing a tie with the top button of my shirt done up too, but for a few hours, simply to show some respect to the event he was attending I don't think it's too much to ask.

Tramp.

Nope, I called him a tramp but no mention of Michael Foot, Donkey Jackets or the Falklands - although now you mention it Christina plastic face welcomed his election due to his support for sovereignty talks over the Falklands between the UK and Argentina. Sure the Islanders will be over the moon with that.

Clearly you've missed my point, you don't have to specifically mention Michel Foot for the reference to be valid. In fact your post was what prompted (I imagine) Chris to post a picture of Michael Foot. The Falklands reference comes into play because Thatcher would have lost the 83 election to Foot had it not been for the Falklands War (sorry conflict - it only became a war when it was over).

But as my post wasn't actually aimed at you, more the general indignation amongst the media I don't suppose it matters. You only dragged into it by Tony being factually incorrect :D

• Like 2

It's a pity that at the memorial service for the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain in St Pauls Corbyn couldn't be bothered to dress himself properly.

I hate wearing a tie with the top button of my shirt done up too, but for a few hours, simply to show some respect to the event he was attending I don't think it's too much to ask.

Tramp.

Nope, I called him a tramp but no mention of Michael Foot, Donkey Jackets or the Falklands - although now you mention it Christina plastic face welcomed his election due to his support for sovereignty talks over the Falklands between the UK and Argentina. Sure the Islanders will be over the moon with that.

Clearly you've missed my point, you don't have to specifically mention Michel Foot for the reference to be valid. In fact your post was what prompted (I imagine) Chris to post a picture of Michael Foot. The Falklands reference comes into play because Thatcher would have lost the 83 election to Foot had it not been for the Falklands War (sorry conflict - it only became a war when it was over).

But as my post wasn't actually aimed at you, more the general indignation amongst the media I don't suppose it matters. You only dragged into it by Tony being factually incorrect :D

meh had Chris not posted his Foot picture you wouldn't have made your post so I'm still claiming victory :p 

Pedant alert but Thatcher probably wouldn't have called an election in 83 without the Falklands  so she wouldn't have lost it to Foot in 83 ... But well done to her for getting Argentina to invade in the first place 

• Like 1

what.

bonkers, utterly bonkers codswallop. That is a tunbridge wells level of farcical outrage. No **** notices that irrelevance, and trying to quantify how much "respect" he may give personally based on his attire is just tripe.

Lesson one in the witty retort handbook for VT is read the thread first before posting

Yep, just to clarify, he did have a plain shirt, a sober dark jacket and a sober plain dark tie on. 

However, It was apparently worn in a way that to some eyes showed utter disrespect to the heroes of the Battle of Britain and the queen. 

This is the outfit today in St Pauls that has caused apparent amazement:

_85556599_6fa8f2d5-6754-4212-b102-ad6031

• Like 1

what.

Yep, just to clarify, he did have a plain shirt, a sober dark jacket and a sober plain dark tie on. 

However, It was apparently worn in a way that to some eyes showed utter disrespect to the heroes of the Battle of Britain and the queen. 

This is the outfit today in St Pauls that has caused apparent amazement:

_85556599_6fa8f2d5-6754-4212-b102-ad6031

that debate was so 16:00 

but , you go for a job interview tomorrow a senior position ... Top button open or done up ?

and like it or not everything Corbyn does now is a job interview 

Of course, Jezza's all for giving Las Malvinas to the Argies.

I think I know how this one is going to play out on VT :)

• Like 2

Of course, Jezza's all for giving Las Malvinas to the Argies.

I assumed this was a joke, but decided to look up Cobryn's stance on the Falklands. Apparently he is in favour of joint governance with Argentina. 

but then, I would bet he is for the repatriation back to their home country of immigrants living in Britain that have come here from Diego Garcia

so ying and yang

Seriously though, regardless of his own personal views there are two things to consider. Firstly, he says he wants to lead the Labour party by debate, concession and compromise. We'll have to see if that is possible, we'll have to see if he even tries to keep his word on that. Secondly, can you see any chance of the UK public, guided and advised by their newspapers and tv and radio allowing the election of a party with the surrender of the Falklands as a policy? No. So how much is it a problem and how much is it more of the same old drama queen shouty politics?

Similarly, we won't be going unilaterally nuke free any time soon either. There are massive union backers of Corbyn, that even if he was in power (which just let us remind ourselves, he isn't) rely on jobs in the MoD, defence, trident. Do you think he'd win an election with a pledge to close down the MoD, the last dockyard and decommission the bombs?

If we get a few months of genuine debate out of this, it will have been a welcome change. I don't think we will be a hippie republican commune within the next 18 months.

Be nice to get the trains back though, and the mail. Be nice to have museum staff employed by museums not outsourced to Carillion via G4S from a spin off Capita contract. Be nice to collect a bit more tax from people earning over £150,000 pa and spend it on decent care homes for the elderly. It would be nice not to have to go to the Chinese and the French and plead with them to build us power stations and almost any price because we don't have the mindset or technology to do it ourselves. Seriously, Chinese nuclear power stations in the centre of the UK? Yet we are supposed to be distracted by whether somebody will or won't sing a song to the queen?

Edited by chrisp65
...and another thing!
  • Like 4

Seriously though, regardless of his own personal views there are two things to consider. Firstly, he says he wants to lead the Labour party by debate, concession and compromise. We'll have to see if that is possible, we'll have to see if he even tries to keep his word on that.

You know what they say, a camel is a horse designed by committee. Will be interesting to watch though.

• Like 1

Tramp.

meh had Chris not posted his Foot picture you wouldn't have made your post so I'm still claiming victory :P 

Pedant alert but Thatcher probably wouldn't have called an election in 83 without the Falklands  so she wouldn't have lost it to Foot in 83 ... But well done to her for getting Argentina to invade in the first place 

1) Thats as close as you get to admitting that were wrong, I award myself an internet. Your assumption however is incorrect. I hadn't read the posts above mine, like I said I was posting in response to what I'd read elsewhere.

2) Read her memoir, the Witch herself as good as says that without the Falklands War she wouldn't have been re-elected. Thats her, St Margret the Paedo Enabler saying it, who are we not to believe her?

On the singing the national anthem thing, I'm glad that Corbyn didn't. I wouldn't want to see a staunch republican bellowing out 'long to reign over us' when those are obviously not his opinions.

At least he didn't do a Daley Thompson. :)

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â