The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

From my recollection over dinner with a mate I met who lives out there   .... Greece have never written off old tax debts , unlike almost every other country ... so there's is more of an accounting issue rather than tax avoidance as such   .. you can make an argument that they are the only ones doing it correctly and everyone else is using creative accounting

but where Greece falls down is the black economy where they are running at 27% compared to around 11% in the UK  and the fact they are one of the worse countries in Europe at collecting VAT

tax avoidance is a factor for sure , but not THE factor

But the size of the black economy is a problem precisely because people who aren't declaring their income don't pay income tax. In terms of:

Greece have never written off old tax debts , unlike almost every other country ... so there's is more of an accounting issue rather than tax avoidance as such

we're going off-topic, so I'm not going to plaster this thread with links, but that really isn't the main problem. Google 'tax avoidance in Greece' for any number of articles explaining that, yes, it is a major problem, even though it isn't the only problem. 

I didn't really know much about Jeremy Corbyn until a few days ago, spent quite a while reading up on him and his ideas. Not really sure what to make of him to be honest and I don't agree with much of what he stands for. Im also not sure he will do much good for the Labour party but that's just my opinion of course.

Priti Patel on LBC, if you can locate it was pretty awful talking about Corbyn, just repeating the threat to national security, threat to economy our glorious leader came out with, really embarrassing to be honest. Reminded me of that Miliband footage where he trots out the same line over and over.

This is the prii patel interview

Listen as Tory minister Priti Patel refuses to congratulate Jeremy Corbyn despite the Labour leader's huge win today.

This is the cringeworthy Miliband interview from a few years back.

Edited by Seat68

Don't see why the Tories are scaremongering so much if Corbyn doesn't stand a chance in an election anyway... :wacko:

Welcome to politics UK where you have to discredit your opponent at every opportunity just in case any floating voter was thinking about finding out what he is about  

A lot of people are probably only hearing about Corbyn for the first time , better that the first result when you Google him in Yahoo is a negative one rather than a positive one

• Like 2

Don't see why the Tories are scaremongering so much if Corbyn doesn't stand a chance in an election anyway... :wacko:

Welcome to politics UK where you have to discredit your opponent at every opportunity just in case any floating voter was thinking about finding out what he is about  

A lot of people are probably only hearing about Corbyn for the first time , better that the first result when you Google him in Yahoo is a negative one rather than a positive one

I had to google Corbyn, as I said earlier I didn't know anything about him at all. After reading some of his ideas I thought I was back in the 70's for a minute

Hence why News Corp have wasted no time in creating a strawman http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/09/14/jeremy-corbyn-wants-to-abolish-the-army-apparently_n_8132372.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

and then attacking that strawman http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3233244/How-wonderful-d-scrapped-Army-ranted-Jeremy-Corbyn-s-call-dismissed-madness-Tory-MP.html

If enough people believe it, it doesn't matter if it's true or not.

It's a pity that at the memorial service for the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain in St Pauls Corbyn couldn't be bothered to dress himself properly.

I hate wearing a tie with the top button of my shirt done up too, but for a few hours, simply to show some respect to the event he was attending I don't think it's too much to ask.

Tramp.

• Like 1

It's a pity that at the memorial service for the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain in St Pauls Corbyn couldn't be bothered to dress himself properly.

I hate wearing a tie with the top button of my shirt done up too, but for a few hours, simply to show some respect to the event he was attending I don't think it's too much to ask.

Tramp.

it's an upgrade on the Donkey jacket at the cenotaph  of one of his predecessors though so give him some credit

for something like this appearance is everything and I think he just gave his critics a free hit

more-pix--126763835236281900.jpg

article-2407406-1B8A4305000005DC-25_634x

best we all fit in 

not sure of the relevance of the attire one should wear when  paying respects to the dead and a group of posh boys posing on some steps  .. you're just playing to the gallery now aren't you knowing it will score you auto likes from the left :P

• Like 3

Oh, not this duffel coat shit again. The irony is that Fighter Command pilots (and RAF aircrew generally) were legendary for their contempt for 'bull'. Long (ish) hair, scruffy sweaters, top button ALWAYS undone. It was a sign of defiance, a statement that it's what you DO that counts, not how you dress. Ties are a ludicrous hangover from the days of detachable collars, and it's about time they were consigned to the fashion dustbin.

says the man who wears a shirt to dig his allotment :P

we live in a world where you are judged on how you eat a bacon butty , Corbyn has scored a bit of an own goal here ... and also taken the attention away from what we really should be remembering

No, I was pointing out that what you wear doesn't really count for very much.

You can be a disrespectful little shit in a £10,000 tailored suit and you can be a good and respectful person wearing jeans.

To judge a man by his clothes is all a little bit silly. Although to be fair, if he'd turned up in a giraffe onesie, I'd probably waiver on that point.

The Michael Foot picture was quite deliberate, that whole thing again of lets make lots of noise and call him a shit and if we keep making lots of noise and calling him a shit then the only possible outcome is that he's a shit.

No doubt we should all watch eagerly to see who gets the biggest and best poppy next?

• Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â