Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Darren McGregor has left Rangers by mutual consent according to SSN. He was their player of the year last season, 30 yr old defender. anybody know if hes any good/worth a look?

Given that he's been playing in the second tier of what is a shit league anyway I highly doubt it.

It's basically the equivalent of League 1 at best

WT, i'm not picking on you but can only post with regards to your previous posts.

Your current line of posting seems like you're nailing your colours to the mast so you can say you were right later on.

This isn't picking on you or PoP because you've done in the past. You've said 'I was right when etc etc'.

Otherwise I just can't see the motivation behind saying 2 signings are shit after 3 games. What do you hope to achieve by it?

Haha I don't hope to achieve anything. I take no pleasure from being right about things that are negative outcomes to aston villa.

Seriously, it's like your suggesting I'm the only one with that opinion. The whole forum is basically crying out for Charlie Austin. That would indicate that most don't believe ayew and gestede are up to the job they were brought into do.

Again, thinking we should buy Austin is a very different opinion to 'Ayew and Gestede are shit' after 3 games.

If you can't see the difference then that's your prerogative.

Not really. Just a different way of wording that you don't believe the pair are good enough to do what they have been bought to do.

It's not as if ppl are just suggesting Austin as an icing on the cake. People are pretty desperate for him to come in so we've actually got someone who can put the ball in the back of the net.

Imo, you're too sensitive to the criticism of Villa players. I mean you spoke earlier about gabby's naffness. Naffness? He's nothing short of a disgrace.

• Like 1

It staggers me how all of us on here (well most anyway) agree on similar things, I.e, drop gabby, buy a cb, buy a striker etc. As of yet there has been nothing to say we are definitely on for a cb, despite wild, unconfirmed reports of lescott, no confirmed interest of any strikers and to my knowledge gabby is still starting each week.

My point is...are we somehow genetically different to Tim, Lerner and the board? How can they not see what we see??

This has been going on since back in the shizzle. Fans, or should I say most fans will have a good idea what's going right or wrongly as we are continually watching the same nonsense week after week. Rocket science doesn't come into it. I would presume Sherwood will drop Gabby at some point should things continue however we aren't currently blessed with striking options. Also you have to account for the dressing room influence of certain players as upsetting one can upset several. On top of that what can you do if resources don't allow it, or the players you want don't want to come(Adebayor)?! You cannot continually do what Lambert did and spend pennies every season in the hope of lucking out on buying the right player. Lambert brought in how many LB's for low cost and missed with them all yet brings in one striker and hey presto, Jackpot! 

IMO most footballing decisions regarding incoming transfers are a gamble. We may all know the answer to the problem however rectifying it is a totally different beast. I think Sherwood is fully aware of the issues whether he can solve all problems in one transfer window is another matter all together. Seems like he is having a bloody good go with the resources which is why personally I think he deserves support from everyone at the moment. 

WT, i'm not picking on you but can only post with regards to your previous posts.

Your current line of posting seems like you're nailing your colours to the mast so you can say you were right later on.

This isn't picking on you or PoP because you've done in the past. You've said 'I was right when etc etc'.

Otherwise I just can't see the motivation behind saying 2 signings are shit after 3 games. What do you hope to achieve by it?

Haha I don't hope to achieve anything. I take no pleasure from being right about things that are negative outcomes to aston villa.

Seriously, it's like your suggesting I'm the only one with that opinion. The whole forum is basically crying out for Charlie Austin. That would indicate that most don't believe ayew and gestede are up to the job they were brought into do.

Again, thinking we should buy Austin is a very different opinion to 'Ayew and Gestede are shit' after 3 games.

Not really. Just a different way of wording that you don't believe the pair are good enough to do what they have been bought to do.

Well no. It isn't a different way of wording it.

Saying 'We should buy Austin' is not a different way of wording 'Gestede and Ayew are shit, I've decided after 3 games'

No idea how you've got to that.

Well no. It isn't a different way of wording it.

Saying 'We should buy Austin' is not a different way of wording 'Gestede and Ayew are shit, I've decided after 3 games'

No idea how you've got to that.

For about the 3rd time. I said they appear to be a bit shit.

Such a difference.

Not sure what the issue is. It may not be the same thing but you can't argue that people crying out for Austin Is basically them saying they don't trust our strikers to score goals. After 3 games.

Don't be too sensitive that I've used the word 'shit'.

If lescott isn't good enough fir west brom then he isn't good enough for us in my opinion

wasn't he their POTS last season? He won the league with Man City in 2011/12, I think he'd be great for us, he's played for England numerous times, I think he'd be great for us, we'd struggle to get a better centre back i think

• Like 2

I'm not sensitive.

I'm baffled at your assertion that 'We should buy Austin' and 'Gestede and Ayew are shit after 3 games' are the same statement worded differently.

Stefan I'm basically saying that I'm clearly not the only one who feels that after 3 games ayew and gestede are not up to the job they've been brought into do atm.

If you've taken my 'they appear to be a bit shit' as 'they are absolutely terrible footballers who have no place in a premiership team ever' then so be it.

You're taking it too literally. Were all pretty much in agreement that a new striker is a must, which kind of points to the fact that we're short of strikers up to the job atm. Having spent 20m or near enough on Gestede and Ayew - forgive me for being a bit disappointed in that.

If lescott isn't good enough fir west brom then he isn't good enough for us in my opinion

wasn't he their POTS last season? He won the league with Man City in 2011/12, I think he'd be great for us, he's played for England numerous times, I think he'd be great for us, we'd struggle to get a better centre back i think

Out of interest. Where does ciaran clark rate against Lescott in your opinion?

Lescott would be a decent signing. He's still a good defender and he knows the Prem inside out. He's the right price.

On the downside he has just turned 33, and he has suffered with injuries over the years (though isn't a sicknote).

We could certainly do worse.

Now, a striker please.

I'm not sensitive.

I'm baffled at your assertion that 'We should buy Austin' and 'Gestede and Ayew are shit after 3 games' are the same statement worded differently.

Stefan I'm basically saying that I'm clearly not the only one who feels that after 3 games ayew and gestede are not up to the job they've been brought into do atm.

If you've taken my 'they appear to be a bit shit' as 'they are absolutely terrible footballers who have no place in a premiership team ever' then so be it.

You're taking it too literally. Were all pretty much in agreement that a new striker is a must, which kind of points to the fact that we're short of strikers up to the job atm. Having spent 20m or near enough on Gestede and Ayew - forgive me for being a bit disappointed in that.

After multiple attempts you clearly can't grasp what I'm on about so for the sake of the thread I'm going to leave it.

I'm not sensitive.

After multiple attempts you clearly can't grasp what I'm on about so for the sake of the thread I'm going to leave it.

Likewise.

Lescott certainly fits the bill for me. A winner and very experienced player. I didn't enjoy seeing his passionate celebration when he scored the injury time equaliser against us all those years ago but can't remember one of our players being so passionate since (expect perhaps young when he scored the winner 30 seconds later!)

Would love to see him celebrate like that for us.

Good price for such an experienced player and Villa fan. Will be happy if this comes off.

Then we will need exactly the same type of player up front.