Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Carroll has potential but I always feel he is an idiot that he turned down spell on loan at Ajax for a role at QPR

I think he was correct there,  Dutch football is Championship standard at best IMO.  Ajax have a nice big stadium but that's about it.  Even Dutch people don't talk about Dutch football much.

Champions league, a famous academy which he could learn a lot as well as working with legends like Bergkamp and playing in a big stadium in a winning team compared to Loftus Road, Harry Redknapp, Clint Hill and Joey Barton

• Like 2

Carroll has potential but I always feel he is an idiot that he turned down spell on loan at Ajax for a role at QPR

I think he was correct there, Dutch football is Championship standard at best IMO. Ajax have a nice big stadium but that's about it. Even Dutch people don't talk about Dutch football much.

Champions league, a famous academy which he could learn a lot as well as working with legends like Bergkamp and playing in a big stadium in a winning team compared to Loftus Road, Harry Redknapp, Clint Hill and Joey Barton

On the other hand, when he was at QPR, he could be near his family, knows the local area and also worked under the then manager (Redknapp) at spurs so he would've been familiar with the way he works. In my opinion, the move made sense, i don't know why it didn't work out, i think he's a great football talent who i would welcome here

Lucas Podolski, anyone? For the reported £2.3 mill I'd snap him up in a heartbeat, but seems he's set to finalize a deal with Galatasaray.

Without a doubt yes, but he is likely on large wages. 

All the latest links and us seemingly looking in the bargain basement again lead me to believe that there is no takeover and it was probably just a pr tactic to sell season tickets...

People say this about a lot things (it's all a club plot) yet it doesn't really make any sense, because if there is no takeover then people will be really pissed off and dejected and attendances will fall, and then if there are the same rumours next season people won't believe them even if they're true.

It's not even July yet anyway and links are just that, links.

Podolski doesn't have the hunger to do well.

I disagree. He is still in the German national team. He will likely want to stay there till at least next summer. 

Was dismal at Inter Milan so think he's retired from club football.

Podolski doesn't have the hunger to do well.

I disagree. He is still in the German national team. He will likely want to stay there till at least next summer. 

Was dismal at Inter Milan so think he's retired from club football.

A lot of players just don't work in certain league or teams. I think Podolski still wants to play. He just needs to find the right fit. 

All the latest links and us seemingly looking in the bargain basement again lead me to believe that there is no takeover and it was probably just a pr tactic to sell season tickets...

People say this about a lot things (it's all a club plot) yet it doesn't really make any sense, because if there is no takeover then people will be really pissed off and dejected and attendances will fall, and then if there are the same rumours next season people won't believe them even if they're true.

It's not even July yet anyway and links are just that, links.

Well if we are genuinely about to be took over then I'd like to think we would be bidding more than the likes of £2m -£3m for players, its the very same type of approach we have taken since Lerner lost interest. I don't think it's all that far fetched to suggest that the pr section of the club would try allsorts to get as many season ticket sales, in reality not many folk would look for refunds and it could work out they would get more season ticket sales compared to if it looked like nothing was going on as regards a takeover and things were gonna be the same as they were under Lambert in the transfer market.

In one way some of the players we have bid for have been ambitious but in reality we were never gonna sign begovic or amavi and it could of been just done to give fans hope.

Edited by Bunnski
  • Like 1

Begovic is off the table.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/chelsea-tutto-fatto-per-begovic-dallo-stoke-le-cifre-delloperazione/

"Begovic to Chelsea is a done deal for £8 million."

Not bothered at all to be honest. Would be happy to stay with Guzzy

The problem is, we don't know if Sherwood thinks the same.