Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

But the not also-ran positions (terrible term) would be out of reach without Benteke?

It wasn't that bad ;)

But my point was that we aren't realistically going to finish higher than eighth even with Benteke, so there is little value keeping him another season on that basis.

I'd prefer 30m and Origi

Origi is awful mate..
Some of the knowledge of footballers by posters on here is laughable.

First Caulker now Origi lmao

And then you mention Borini who is proven mediocre prem player. Ok then ?

But the not also-ran positions (terrible term) would be out of reach without Benteke?

It wasn't that bad ;)

But my point was that we aren't realistically going to finish higher than eighth even with Benteke, so there is little value keeping him another season on that basis.

The commercial benefit to the club in finishing 8th over even 11th would be huge. That's assuming we could finish 11th without him.

Plus, if he continues to score at this rate then £20m next summer is a conservative estimate IMO.

• Like 1

Reckons we want Callum Wilson in Coventry Telegraph, I have rated him highly and mentioned him on here in previous seasons transfer threads since he was banging them in at Coventry..

Has bagged 22 goals for Bournemouth and has made the Championship team of the season.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/rumour-mill-west-ham-eyeing-9130263

Wilson has already been linked with moves to Chelsea and Aston Villa this season with the Sky Blues set to pocket a significant sell-on clause should he leave Dean Court in the near future

Edited by Villan4Life

It wasn't that bad ;)

Why is that? We have just beat Spurs and Liverpool and then outplayed Man City who's to say that if we added 2/3 quality players to our current squad we can't challenge for Europe next year? Hopefully we will also have a Europa campaign to go at and winning that gets you Champions League.

Reckons we want Callum Wilson in Coventry Telegraph, I have rated him highly and mentioned him on here in previous seasons transfer threads since he was banging them in at Coventry..

Has bagged 22 goals for Bournemouth and has made the Championship team of the season.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/rumour-mill-west-ham-eyeing-9130263

Wilson has already been linked with moves to Chelsea and Aston Villa this season with the Sky Blues set to pocket a significant sell-on clause should he leave Dean Court in the near future

Was very impressed with him last night, good mix of strength pace and skill think he will definitely score in the Prem.

Can't see anyway they will sell him now they are promoted though. They don't need the money and he is a big part of the team. Imagine this is a non starter.

• Like 1

Why is that? We have just beat Spurs and Liverpool and then outplayed Man City who's to say that if we added 2/3 quality players to our current squad we can't challenge for Europe next year? Hopefully we will also have a Europa campaign to go at and winning that gets you Champions League.

I think the top-six are set (including Spurs in that). Everton won't be as bad next season I feel, West Ham are going to hire a far better manager going by reports and Southampton may well strengthen the squad so that they are not too badly affected by the Europa League (providing they even qualify for it). We are putting in some fantastic displays at the moment but I don't believe you can use a few games as a basis to suggest we can jump that far up the league straight away. Even if we improve the squad further, I think we will be in a similar boat to Swansea and can look try and establish ourselves as the best of the rest, if you know what I mean.

Was very impressed with him last night, good mix of strength pace and skill think he will definitely score in the Prem.

Can't see anyway they will sell him now they are promoted though. They don't need the money and he is a big part of the team. Imagine this is a non starter.

Deffo a non-starter mate.

It's a shame as when we raid lower divisions we tend to go for players under Lambert who was hardly pulling up many trees (Lowton, Bowery and to a lower degree Westwood)

There is some talent there... couple of players have impressed in League One this season such as Luongo (who we are linked with) Tom Bradshaw (Walsall, 22 years old and over 20 goals) and Connor Hourinhane (Barnsley with around 15 assists) 

Wilson was performing to a high standard for Coventry in that league over a year ago and we no doubt score in Premiership for Bournemouth!! Austin was scoring for fun in that league too...

Seems we signed players before that wasn't really setting that league alight in terms of stats and general performances...

Forest fan here at work asked me had I heard about a swap deal Gardner for Lansbury.On their forum apparently.

Forest fans are banging on about wanting him on Twitter and their forums and saying "at least he is appreciated here at Forest and we love him unlike Villa" type of comments but they forget we loaned him out to gain match fitness to the likes of them, Coventry, Sheff Wed and Brighton this last 2 years after all his career threatening injuries.

They don't realise what a talent or how well thought of he is here at Villa and seem to think they can just take him off us even though they have a transfer embargo.

There is no chance they would be able to afford him, or we would be interested in Lansbury.

He would be back at Villa in summer and general feeling is Sherwood likes him from what i have read and wants to get a close look at him

Edited by Villan4Life

I think the top-six are set (including Spurs in that). Everton won't be as bad next season I feel, West Ham are going to hire a far better manager going by reports and Southampton may well strengthen the squad so that they are not too badly affected by the Europa League (providing they even qualify for it). We are putting in some fantastic displays at the moment but I don't believe you can use a few games as a basis to suggest we can jump that far up the league straight away. Even if we improve the squad further, I think we will be in a similar boat to Swansea and can look try and establish ourselves as the best of the rest, if you know what I mean.

Yeah I don't think it's that impossible to finish in the top 10, Stoke have had some really poor results if you study them this season but they've been comfortable top 10 for most of this season as have Swansea. You don't have to win every week to finish 9th or 10th and I think Sherwood's win or bust policy will help us in that regard in the future as too many draws can mess you up. Top 6, no chance you need a lot more consistancy and 60 + points usually. Remember the long winning and unbeaten runs we'd go on under MON and even then we were only managing 60 odd points.

Benteke is easily a top 6 standard player, indeed I'd say he's champions league quality right now and the frightening thing is he can still improve aspects of his game.

Only lingering hope is he looks at it, sees he's already playing in one of the best leagues in the world so the situation could be worse, sees he'll remaining starting every week in a system which he'll score a lot of goals given what we've seen so far under Sherwood and stay one more year or at least to next january like Bony did with Swansea.

I wouldn't say I'm that confident but I've always prefered if he left after a major tournament in which he scores a few goals for Belgium to give us a better transfer fee. That would've been the 2014 World cup.

At the moment he's ahead of Lukaku in the pecking order and Belgium have an incredible squad so maybe he'd rather not go somewhere where he'll be rotated in and out otherwise Lukaku could nip in instead.

Those are the straws I'm clutching at anyway.

If resigned to selling I would definitely take Borini.

Not sure if your being serious but he is pants. No thank you

You didn't watch Sunderland last season then. The guy can play anywhere across the front 3, is excellent on the left and can score a goal.. Would have him over Gabby any day.

If resigned to selling I would definitely take Borini.

Not sure if your being serious but he is pants. No thank you

You didn't watch Sunderland last season then. The guy can play anywhere across the front 3, is excellent on the left and can score a goal.. Would have him over Gabby any day.

Seen him at Liverpool and he is pants

• Like 1

I believe and have done all season that our squad was good enough to be 8-12th. We were extremely poorly managed and find ourselves scrapping to stay up so even if we never strengthened any further I think we would be challenge the Stoke Swansea positions. Everton aren't that much better than us and Southampton show what you can do with a big summer of investment and good management. Currently the top 6/7 are locked in but I think 8-12 is not that difficult to achieve. From there we can consolidate and hopefully crack on. You say the jump is to high to make but we slid down easily enough!!

For me there are some good out of contract players to go for.............. How realistic they would be to come to villa or whether wed pat the going rate Im not sure....... but certainly people like Micah Richards is worth a shot, maybe even Glen Johnson and a really ambitious shout would be Konoplyenka from Kiev if he hasnt already gone elsewhere....... 

At centre back, id spend some ££ on Shawcross or someone of that ilk.............