Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

On 03/09/2024 at 11:02, HanoiVillan said:

TBF it was about half a season as I recall, he was bought in the January window and looked decent until the end of that season. Then he was hopeless after that.

Agree we seem to have had quite a few cases like that, perhaps especially around that time. 

Simon Dawkins was also signed in that window and he certainly did look hopeless, didn't really need to sign him either with Wiemann's emergence that season.

Lambert signed him for Ipswich in 2019!🤣

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Chindie said:

Saido Berahino. 10 years ago one of the brightest prospects in England. Today, playing in the Indian second division, at only 31.

Had a very tough upbringing, and moved to Newtown and went to school in Aston (cue joke about one warzone to another). Think the money/fame got to his head.

Another picked up by the WBA academy from under our nose. 

56 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Simon Dawkins was also signed in that window and he certainly did look hopeless,

Was he an actual footballer, or did we sign him from Foot Locker, or something? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Xela said:

Had a very tough upbringing, and moved to Newtown and went to school in Aston (cue joke about one warzone to another). Think the money/fame got to his head.

Another picked up by the WBA academy from under our nose. 

The kid didn't get his big move to Spurs so decided to nose dive his entire career to spite Jeremy Peace iirc and West Brom. That's some going

Thankfully Duran doesn't appear to be going the same way.

I had a mooch in the Hall of fame topic and was reminded of Zat Knight?!?. I've still completely forgotten him, can't recall a thing about him, even reading the wiki page about him, I would have thought the drugs raid and him being bailed so he could get to the press conference announcing his signing to the Villa would ring bells, but NOPE. I'm not being disingenuous, but Zat is still forgotten.

33 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

I had a mooch in the Hall of fame topic and was reminded of Zat Knight?!?. I've still completely forgotten him, can't recall a thing about him, even reading the wiki page about him, I would have thought the drugs raid and him being bailed so he could get to the press conference announcing his signing to the Villa would ring bells, but NOPE. I'm not being disingenuous, but Zat is still forgotten.

Somebody obviously doesnt read my posts 😉

I mean, I'd join in the mocking if I wasn't doing the full shit-cartwheel-into-a-Batistuta-machine-gun celebration during the (rare) occasions I score on my local Tuesday night middle-aged fat bloke weight loss league.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â