Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Has been playing for Royal Antwerp since 2021 (though he's out injured now). Looking at their squad there's plenty of familiar names, Alderweireld, Denis Odoi, Vincent Janssen, Riedewald. 

Jairo Riedewald seemed to be at Palace for about eight years and played five times a season.

Is Max Meyer still playing somewhere. I remember they signed him from Schalke with so much hype and he completely disappeared off the radar after a season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Jairo Riedewald seemed to be at Palace for about eight years and played five times a season.

Is Max Meyer still playing somewhere. I remember they signed him from Schalke with so much hype and he completely disappeared off the radar after a season.

Think I've said this before but Riedewald was responsible for probably the worst sub appearance I've ever seen from an opposition player one game he came on at VP. Can't remember when it was, though we won it comfortably. Anyway he lost possession every time he got it and skied the ball into the stands 3 or 4 times. Made a killing off them!

22 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Has been playing for Royal Antwerp since 2021 (though he's out injured now). Looking at their squad there's plenty of familiar names, Alderweireld, Denis Odoi, Vincent Janssen, Riedewald. 

Ritchie De Laet was also there last season but he retired

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

In Cyprus after played Switzerland last season

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

What happened to Kareem El-ahmadi?

The Clash were on the radio the other day and it made me think of him.

Went back to being a regular at Feyenoord. KEA was o.k and we signed plenty worse in that time but the general perception was he was just a little too slow for the prem with his style IIRC.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

What happened to Kareem El-ahmadi?

The Clash were on the radio the other day and it made me think of him.

Slightly annoying, his career is kind of nearly palindromic but also not at the same time. Could have been more satisfying with slightly better planning. 

elahmadi.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Who was that other dude Sylla? Bloody hell 

He looked pretty good first few games but was utter gash. I don't quite understand that phenomenon, but it happened to us a lot.

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He looked pretty good first few games but was utter gash. I don't quite understand that phenomenon, but it happened to us a lot.

TBF it was about half a season as I recall, he was bought in the January window and looked decent until the end of that season. Then he was hopeless after that.

Agree we seem to have had quite a few cases like that, perhaps especially around that time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

TBF it was about half a season as I recall, he was bought in the January window and looked decent until the end of that season. Then he was hopeless after that.

Agree we seem to have had quite a few cases like that, perhaps especially around that time. 

The 6-1 against Sunderland, him and Lowton looked like world beaters that day. Lowton at least continued to have a PL career, even after we were relegated, but Sylla hadn't made 30 appearances for any club since joining us and was last seen playing for a Belgian club owned by N'golo Kante of all things.

• Like 3

On 01/09/2024 at 19:44, VillaChris said:

Riedewald was like a Dutch Jack Rodwell, came with a big reputation from Ajax, had all the attributes to be a good player but just had no application when he played. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â