Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

some interesting names on that list, Carl Jenkinson still playing was a shock

no idea if he is good but we should sign Nesta Guinness Walker for the name alone........after researching further he is Alec Guinness great grandson and used to play for the Met Police

On 01/08/2024 at 06:03, Zatman said:

Ryan Sessegnon resigning for Fulham

I am convinced he does not exist. I only ever hear about him being a prospect, being injured, or signing for another club to be revitalised and reach his potential.

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Imagine being Ravel Morrison and thinking you still have a future in the game. Wild.

His record anywhere he's been has been poor. If he was so great, I'm not following why he's not had a proper career. Illegal activities haven't stopped other footballers making their way, so if he's everything he's supposed to be ability wise,  what's stopped him?

I notice James McCarthy is now a free agent. Still only 33 but the effects of being a senior player from 15 and some poor injury management with Ireland and Everton ruined his potential.

I remember one Wigan performance against Chelsea where he absolutely ran the game, had he gotten a move to an Emery team at some point of his career he could have been great.

50 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I notice James McCarthy is now a free agent. Still only 33 but the effects of being a senior player from 15 and some poor injury management with Ireland and Everton ruined his potential.

I remember one Wigan performance against Chelsea where he absolutely ran the game, had he gotten a move to an Emery team at some point of his career he could have been great.

The McCarthy and Mcarthur twins. The streets will never forget picking up these 2 GOATs back on FM.

• Like 3

Matheus Pereira - was very good for the boggies a few years back then disappeared to the Middle East.

• Like 1

On 30/08/2024 at 12:01, Villan_of_oz said:

Bjorn Engels, until now for some reason....

Celtic signed an Engels on deadline day and I thought it might have been Bjorn. Thought he was going to be a fantastic CB for us but it all fizzled out after 10 games.

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Celtic signed an Engels on deadline day and I thought it might have been Bjorn. Thought he was going to be a fantastic CB for us but it all fizzled out after 10 games.

There was no way back for him after that Tottenham mistake. Seemed to hit him hard, plus he just wasn’t very good. 

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

There was no way back for him after that Tottenham mistake. Seemed to hit him hard, plus he just wasn’t very good. 

He looked OK at times but had zero pace but could argue his job was to play while Konsa was blooded into the league and he has thrived here

42 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I thought he started off o.k alongside Mings. However Mings got injured in the 4-1 home defeat to Leicester in early December of that season and it all fell apart. Also talk he fell out with DS as we switched to a back 3 in that period and he didn't want to play in it.

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Engels hasn't played in years it seems? 

Has been playing for Royal Antwerp since 2021 (though he's out injured now). Looking at their squad there's plenty of familiar names, Alderweireld, Denis Odoi, Vincent Janssen, Riedewald. 

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Has been playing for Royal Antwerp since 2021 (though he's out injured now). Looking at their squad there's plenty of familiar names, Alderweireld, Denis Odoi, Vincent Janssen, Riedewald. 

All I can see reported was his last game for them was early 2022. Been injured since!

• Shocked 1

Just now, Xela said:

All I can see reported was his last game for them was early 2022. Been injured since!

Seems pretty bad, lucky for him it looks like he's contracted to 2026 so gonna keep earning at least. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â