Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

Joe Lewis, highly rated young England keeper few years back think even linked with Villa at one stage under MON.

plays for Aberdeen now, dont think he even got to Premier League 

Anderson. Was looking through United's biggest transfers and came across him on the list. Apparently he played for United for 8 years and made 8 caps for Brazil, despite being exceptionally shit.

46 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Anderson. Was looking through United's biggest transfers and came across him on the list. Apparently he played for United for 8 years and made 8 caps for Brazil, despite being exceptionally shit.

Fergie ruined him playing him central midfield....he was actually an energetic right winger at Porto. Renato Sanches is actually similar to what Anderson was at 18/19.

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Very gifted, very lazy, very fat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Fergie ruined him playing him central midfield....he was actually an energetic right winger at Porto. Renato Sanches is actually similar to what Anderson was at 18/19.

its funny in Brazil that Gremio had 2 young and very talented attacking midfielders in Lucas and Anderson and both came to England about same time and both were turned into plodders in centre midfield and looked poor at times though Lucas has shown a bit better application

be surprised if got 5 goals between them in English football

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Joe Lewis, highly rated young England keeper few years back think even linked with Villa at one stage under MON.

plays for Aberdeen now, dont think he even got to Premier League 

Excellent signing on FM for a while. Suddenly he turned into a very bad signing. Think he started at Scunthorpe.

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

its funny in Brazil that Gremio had 2 young and very talented attacking midfielders in Lucas and Anderson and both came to England about same time and both were turned into plodders in centre midfield and looked poor at times though Lucas has shown a bit better application

be surprised if got 5 goals between them in English football

I think young Brazilian players ability gets massively overrated. So many have been the next big thing but very rarely happens

Just now, Xela said:

I think young Brazilian players ability gets massively overrated. So many have been the next big thing but very rarely happens

thats true but I think more so in recent years they have been desperate for a bit of hope that any young player coming through gets overhyped. still produce good enough players but not greats of the level of 20 years ago

last 15 years only really Neymar and Kaka have lived up to the hype

That's what messed them up at World cup 2014 (other than Big Phil's old pals act). Likes of Anderson, Pato, Robinho and Diego all should've been at their peak but none of them made the squad for various reasons.

All back in Brazilian football now by age of 30.

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Here's one for the slightly older Villa fans

Fabio Ferraresi 

I remember once reading he was good so I created him on champ manager 97-98 and deliberately made him brilliant.

I did the same with Matt Jansen and always bought him if I was Villa.

Enzo Maresca.

I remember him playing for West Brom when he was a similar age to Ferrarasi at about 18.

Pretty sure Juventus signed him but he didn't play much and went to Sevilla where he had a very good career.

Pretty sure he's still playing in Seria A.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Here's one for the slightly older Villa fans

Fabio Ferraresi 

remember a rumour that he was bought after JG watched a video tape of him, only it wasn't him in the video so we signed the wrong player

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

remember a rumour that he was bought after JG watched a video tape of him, only it wasn't him in the video so we signed the wrong player

that could probably have been said about a couple of Lambert signings in 2013 as well

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â