What say you of Richard III?

Marka Ragnos

Better ask the Irish what they think of the great democrat Cromwell.

yes, I am aware. He would be before the international tribunal in the Hague today. 

Only if he was African

• Like 1

On a more serious point the monarchy is nothing more than a tourist attraction these days and has been for over 100 years. Yes in theory HM the Q can veto legislation but she never will.

There are also a fair few elected politicians with more than a little blood on their hands as well.

The only problem is that the present Prime Minister is a cousin of the Queen and so she has a relative running the country.

Cameron is descended from William IV via an Irish actress named Dorothy Jordan.

But as she was born Dora Bland there might be someone on VT who is Cameron's and the Queen's cousin too.  :)

Quite a stir in Leicester yesterday (an image seemingly ready-made for wisecracks):

0d4cfe79-279b-40a9-b6d1-3e121d107b7d-206

Queue to see Richard III stretching around the block from Leicester Cathedral.

Edited by Plastic Man

Ask the North Korean's or the Chinese how their "republics" are working for them.

I'm sure they'd both tell you it was working wonderfully.
Interestingly the DPRK is having a little flirt with capitalism and new factories have been springing up that aren't government owned * ... Indeed a large chunk of "made in China " items are now being made in the DPRK

*Where it currently falls a little flat is that whilst not government owned the factories do have to pay a big chunk to the state , but there is also talk of independent business starting to open up in Pyongyang as well

When Hard Rock Cafe opens up there, that's when I will go  :P

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â