2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Well with the greatest of respects Mantis, your point is a bit weak. Very weak in fact.

So, because there are a lot ot teams that don't have good things happen to them, it's wrong to have the attitude of - 'it's villa so nothing good will happen'.

Sorry but I'm going on the past couple of decades and reality, not the trends of other teams, which is meaningless when it comes to the goings on at Aston villa.

To point out that not much good happens to us is perfectly valid and something I'd agree with (although it doesn't mean nothing good will happen in the future). However, it's not because "we're Villa" - it's because we're not really rich, like many other clubs.
Well no - the use of 'we're villa' is to recognise our failings in a general sense, not to highlight some long lasting demon that we can not remove.

I don't think it is just money. Location, the mentality,the way the club has been run for years, the brand of football,the players we've managed to attract. All in all (bar one or two exceptions) it's all a bit meh!!

And I don't see that changing.

Edited by Woodytom

I dunno, just seems like saying "we're Villa" implies that those things you mentioned (which are all true) are somehow exclusive to us and let's be fair there do seem to be quite a few who think that we have some sort of curse which is of course ridiculous.

Are people really getting into semantics about a silly comment that clearly wasnt supposed to be taken as being genuinely serious?

Do you all get into heated debates when someone says if they didn't have bad luck they'd have no luck, too?

• Like 2

I dunno, just seems like saying "we're Villa" implies that those things you mentioned (which are all true) are somehow exclusive to us and let's be fair there do seem to be quite a few who think that we have some sort of curse which is of course ridiculous.

It's not intended to sound like it's exclusive to us. Just that the trends of other clubs is meaningless.

I could sit here all day purring over man city's owner or at the other end of the scale, being thankful we have an owner.

Simple fact is, I just want villa to be the best.

This is like a conversation with my mrs:-

Me: bloody hell I've had a crap day

Her: oh and you think mines been good? (In an angry sarcastic tone)

Me: actually no, I didn't say mines been crap compared to yours, I said mines been crap.

Me: I've felt rough all week

Her: oh and I've felt great haven't I? (Same angry sarcastic tone)

Short of it is, I'm not comparing, i'm just talking about my state, but there always has to be a comparative comeback.

Can we not just we're villa, nothing much good. Seems to happen (these days).

Any takeover news or gossip anyone?

• Like 1

This is like a conversation with my mrs:-

Me: bloody hell I've had a crap day

Her: oh and you think mines been good? (In an angry sarcastic tone)

Me: actually no, I didn't say mines been crap compared to yours, I said mines been crap.

Me: I've felt rough all week

Her: oh and I've felt great haven't I? (Same angry sarcastic tone)

Short of it is, I'm not comparing, i'm just talking about my state, but there always has to be a comparative comeback.

Can we not just we're villa, nothing much good. Seems to happen (these days).

Any takeover news or gossip anyone?

I think my missus is having an affair !!!!!

I don't think we're cursed. I just think we're shit.

can we change this threat to the 'Are we cursed or just shit' forum thread

also can someone please update me why Gil isn't playing?

thanx

Because he wasn't up for the fight.

And because it's June.

Just to keep it on topic I think we will hear something first or second week of July.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Take with pinch of salt but...

Regarding the Villa takeover I have it under very good authority that it will be taken over by an American consortium #avfc #avfctakeover

A little more on the #astonvilla #TakeOver Very wealthy American based. The 6 week period if due diligence is up in 2 weeks #avfc #amyitk

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Remove the fake tits and the blond hair and she's just as clueless as the other bullshit ITKs on Twitter. Reads forums/news reports and tweets as her own work. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â