Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

11 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Wow this almost beats the usual over reaction.

I know, no one knows it's about money. I see it as someone, not getting game time, not being sent out on loan this season, looking that if he wants to play he might have to leave. 

7 minutes ago, jon_c said:

I know, no one knows it's about money. I see it as someone, not getting game time, not being sent out on loan this season, looking that if he wants to play he might have to leave. 

Well only know that if and when he leaves, if he joins a prem club then we know the answer, if he goes to Rangers and plays 30 games next season in the pub league then that's up to him, I'm sure we could get him a loan move there though

Its a short career and it must be a very hard decision for him to leave us, good luck to him. Have we really got the time to watch him develop into the striker he may become? Hes probably 3-4 years away and has to be blooded slowly while he develops, as someone else pointed out we haven't got the patience as fans or the time as club. Off he goes to be a Watford legend.

Next!

22 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Wow this almost beats the usual over reaction.

So he has yet to sign a new deal and everyone baying for blood. The very same people who will be baying for blood and writing him off if he has one poor game or in some cases a poor touch during a 5 min cameo.

It's more that he lied to the manager in order to get game time, then welched on the deal. 

Steve Bruce is angry and with good reason, IMO. You can't have the lunatics taking over the asylum, as a club we just don't operate that way anymore. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It's about money.

I'd feck him off then. From what I've seen the kid is vastly overrated anyway. 

26 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I imagine his parents are heavily involved in whatever is going on.

Shame, because he is very highly rated. Hope he stays. 

When you name your kid after Ian Rush I'd imagine the Murphys are hardly Villa through and through .

• Like 1

Just now, av1 said:

From what I've seen the kid is vastly overrated anyway. 

This is what I don't get. It's not like he's been a sensation in the youth team as the likes of Delfouneso was. All I'm aware of is that he's a fairly talented youth footballer who potentially could do a solid job for us in the future.

If he's already messing the club around at this age and without having achieved anything of note, then I don't want him around. Awful attitude and you can guarantee he'd be off at the first sign of another club coming in for him.

Wow, this kid had gone from VT hero to zero in record time. A few days ago the cry was for Gabby to be banished and RHM to be put in the first team. Now he's dared to negotiate over money he is suddenly a pariah who never was much good anyway so good riddance etc. etc.

I'm confused.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's 18 years old FFS, he needs to wait, be patient and learn. He's not the next Michael Owen in the sense that he will step in the first team at the age of 17/18 and be our best player. He's also built like a streak of piss so doubtless has work to do in that department if he's to stand up to challenges etc. What a little runt. 

Even if he is the next Michael Owen he is playing a stupid game with his career, or perhaps he's just not that bothered about being the best footballer and he just wants to be a highly paid one. That's fair enough in my eyes but he's worth playing hard ball with because the best players have the right attitude and not just ability. And as you pointed out, he's certainly NOT the next Owen.

He should take inspiration from Alli and not Moore because great money is earned when you're good enough, not when you think achievement is holding a club to ransom.
Perhaps pushing Sellars or Davis ahead of him might remind him that he's a prospect and not the finished product of a youth team.

7 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

This is what I don't get. It's not like he's been a sensation in the youth team as the likes of Delfouneso was. All I'm aware of is that he's a fairly talented youth footballer who potentially could do a solid job for us in the future.

If he's already messing the club around at this age and without having achieved anything of note, then I don't want him around. Awful attitude and you can guarantee he'd be off at the first sign of another club coming in for him.

I actually haven't seen much from him that I thought oh yeah he's a proper young talent. Perhaps in training he is very involved and complements others...
Watching the youth teams I preferred the direct style of Sellars of the underdog attitude of Davis.

42 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Wow, this kid had gone from VT hero to zero in record time. A few days ago the cry was for Gabby to be banished and RHM to be put in the first team. Now he's dared to negotiate over money he is suddenly a pariah who never was much good anyway so good riddance etc. etc.

I'm confused.

I'm not sure what side of the fence your on but I fully support bruce and the club here. What has he actually achieved to be on a high salary? Bruce has even stated he will be getting more than all the youngsters ever got. I'm sick of the greed in football. Maybe you can understand the ones that have proven themselves. But this guy has proven nothing.

If he don't wanna sign no skin off our nose we will move on like we always do. No one is bigger than Aston Villa Football Club. 

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm not sure what side of the fence your on but I fully support bruce and the club here. What has he actually achieved to be on a high salary? Bruce has even stated he will be getting more than all the youngsters ever got. I'm sick of the greed in football. Maybe you can understand the ones that have proven themselves. But this guy has proven nothing.

If he don't wanna sign no skin off our nose we will move on like we always do. No one is bigger than Aston Villa Football Club. 

I dunno, I guess it's not about what he's achieved but more about what he's worth. I'm not saying I agree with the way it is or like it, but I do understand it.

If we're offering him 15k a week, and someone else is offering him 25k a week, then it's going to make him think about it regardless. (i'm plucking figures out the air here)

He's only human and this is a job. 

Like you I back the club, but I understand RHM's thinking. It is about greed, but greed is only natural for all humans. 

Edited by PieFacE

52 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I'm confused.

"Dared to negotiate"

You make it sound like he's gone back once and asked for a few more quid.

Negotiations have been going on for months, allegedly. He'd be the highest paid academy graduate for his age ever.

He still won't sign.

That's pretty audacious negotiating for an 18 year old kid who's done **** all.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â