pitch invading prats / points deduction?

Rodders

If it had been a lower league team who's fans invaded the pitch people would have been talking about 'great scenes' and they'd be repeated on Football Focus every January for the thirty odd years.

• Like 3

You know what, Villa are making headlines, the manager is making headlines, Villa Park is exciting, good things are happening and really positive things are potentially right around the corner. I don't get the hand wringing over the pitch invasion at the end, it's about having fun, so yeah, against the rules or whatever, but would you prefer everyone sat down and politely clapped...happy times at Villa have been non-existent so when they finally come around, get the **** in there and celebrate, this is fantastic stuff guys!

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 3

Nothing wrong with the invasion after the final whistle really. Bit small time maybe but we've really been through shit recently. I went on in the end and it was good fun. The first invasion was **** idiotic though.

If it had been a lower league team who's fans invaded the pitch people would have been talking about 'great scenes' and they'd be repeated on Football Focus every January for the thirty odd years.

I thought that too. I just saw the clip on the BBC and Jonathan Pearce was saying about how foolish the pitch invasion after the final whistle was and I was thinking "hang on a minute, if this had been some lower league club you lot in the media would be jerking yourselves off over it". Honestly, all these pricks in the media with their faux-outrage over the second invasion can go **** themselves.

Edited by Mantis

The pitch invasion at the end was understandable if a bit small time. However the ****** who ran on before the final whistle were a disgrace to the club. I do not believe it will go beyond a very big fine but there is an outside chance that the FA will decide to make an example of us and impose much greater sanctions.

The pitch invasion at the end was understandable if a bit small time. However the ****** who ran on before the final whistle were a disgrace to the club. I do not believe it will go beyond a very big fine but there is an outside chance that the FA will decide to make an example of us and impose much greater sanctions.

good luck to them, like i posted pictures and others have said, they keep banging this drum that all of us should be excited about the FA cup because its this great competition full of history, with precedents set by years of famous celebrated pitch invasions, we win, we get to wembley, we get excited, we invade the pitch, they throw the book at us? hows that work?

Looking at all the press reports I am surprised they are focusing on a few over exuberant and perhaps pissed up fans running onto the pitch and not the knob head Albion fans who threw seats from the north stand upper onto Villa fans below along with various other missiles. It went on from the time the second goal went in till after the final whistle with Police and stewards doing nothing to stop it.

There were nowhere near enough police and stewards given the fact it was a 5:30pm kick off in a cup quarter final derby game.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

I wasn't impressed at the 1st pitch invasion as the game was still happening but after the dross and frustration of what has gone on at VP over the last few years I can understand the fans want to celebrate with the team. I still don't agree with it though, not when the players are being grabbed and bitten??? WTF is that all about.

The club will get a big fine for failing to control the fans, how on earth they were supposed to stop that though god only know. As for a point deduction lol your having a laugh.

Any of the papers mentioning the West Brom fans throwing the seats down onto the fans? Don't agree with people going onto the pitch during the game, but after the game i'm not too fussed about. 

It really isn't as bad as people are making out.

• Like 1

Why are people worried about being small time? I couldn't care less if that's how we're seen. It's better than turning up to an fa cup 1/4 final with lots of home fans dressed as empty seats, or watching any of the top 8 teams in the league who just assume they will win and create no atmosphere and politely clap their players off the pitch if they've bothered to stay into extra time.

Got mates who support bigger teams. Man City season ticket holder was saying to me today how much better it was when City fans were going mad at a chance to go to Wembley rather than being completely indifferent about another champo league game against barca.

Football is football and is about the game. But matchday is about the day, the event, the atmosphere and the passion. If you have to hide that to please other high horse villa fans then too many people have forgotten why they started following football.

• Like 1

Completely stunned that this has become such a big deal, but Baggie fans' alleged criminal property damage and throwing of seats at, among others, children is treated as a footnote.

Where is the outrage at them? Where are the sanctimonious calls for bans against them?

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â