Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Not quite what it means here, its more of a susceptible to feeling cold when you possibly shouldn't.

It might be more that - I've only really heard it in the context of someone saying it about themselves.

There's another weird one actually which I don't know if it's elsewhere; "chatty" meaning... sort of messy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Yes, I think I’d find it difficult to justify sufficient English language words and phrases distinct to one area, but having read the article, I did suspect the author hasn’t used the dictionary definition of dialect but has ‘meant’ accent. I suspect they have also not acknowledged many of the differences here in such a small geographical area is due to other languages impacting on English. A solely English speaker here would happily throw in Welsh words possibly not even knowing they were Welsh, but just a word. Baps, daps, half n half, da iawn, ych a fi, cwtches, mam, nain, mun.

Yep, thats kinda my point. All those dialectic indicators would be present in Cardiff, Swansea, Valleys and Barry.

Also concur that the author is talking out of his arse with dialects / accents

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Not quite what it means here, its more of a susceptible to feeling cold when you possibly shouldn't.

Soft, wimpish. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â