Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

As much as I dislike the UK, and many things successive governments have done, I do think that we are blessed to be living here rather then some of the **** up places around the world.

How many countries are **** up because of the actions of the British or other colonial powers though?

the answer is somewhere between all of them and none of them

there are currently noises coming out of the West Indies that the UK should pay some form of reparation / compensation for leaving them as **** up poor states

I've no problem with them winning that case, providing we can simply counter charge Italy, Denmark and France for making us the people we are

• Like 3

As much as I dislike the UK, and many things successive governments have done, I do think that we are blessed to be living here rather then some of the **** up places around the world.

How many countries are **** up because of the actions of the British or other colonial powers though?

How many countries under former colonial rule would be better off if they were still colonised? 

How many countries under former colonial rule would be better off if they were still colonised?
I guess it depends, do you mean better off than if they had never been colonized in the first place and had been allowed to rule themselves for the last few hundred years, or do you mean better off than the artificially created, fractured countries created by the colonial powers when they left like Sudan? Edited by Rovers13
  • Like 1

I mean surely the whole point of stereotypes is that in a lot of cases there will be blind spots.

So to earmark the whole of northern Europe as having bad cuisine might be stereotypically correct, but there are obviously going to be cases within that where the stereotype is wrong.

So calling it a map based on prejudices is basically admitting this. So I'm not sure why people are then complaining that, for example, the UK doesn't have bad cuisine.

It's like saying that North Birmingham is Villa and South Birmingham is Blues.

You don't actually mean that there isn't a single person in North Birmingham that supports Blues.

Edited by Stevo985

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â