Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

Can't remember if any of these have bin dunne.  Either way, some interesting demographics:

x1m31p2.jpg

Germany's effect on Polish politics

lqksl0c.jpg

Ukrainian (red) vs. Russian (blue) language in Ukraine according to social media.

6276642489_edacd4a67c_o.jpg

Map of language diversity via twitter posts

Edited by Houseoftomorrow
  • Like 1

Clearly no-one tweets in Welsh or Gaelic

The choice of grey for English was a bit daft

and talking of which, what is the red mass in Mid Wales? Can't be Polish surely? The Polish Rhayader Army? Oh silly me it's Red Kites :mrgreen:

I do like that tweet / language map though, quite fascinating if a little flawed

eVqhstb.jpg

More Ukraine stuff. I'll even link to the source on this one.  The more I look at the situation over there the more I am amazed that Ukraine is a single country rather than two separate ones. 

• Like 2

eVqhstb.jpg

More Ukraine stuff. I'll even link to the source on this one.  The more I look at the situation over there the more I am amazed that Ukraine is a single country rather than two separate ones

I imagine the problem with that would be that Ukrainians in the South/East would identify as being Russian and would want to be part of Russia, whereas Ukraine probably wouldn't want to give over half of their country to Russia, and the US probably wouldn't be too happy with it either.

I completely guessing here though, so could be hugely wide of the mark.

eVqhstb.jpg

More Ukraine stuff. I'll even link to the source on this one.  The more I look at the situation over there the more I am amazed that Ukraine is a single country rather than two separate ones

I imagine the problem with that would be that Ukrainians in the South/East would identify as being Russian and would want to be part of Russia, whereas Ukraine probably wouldn't want to give over half of their country to Russia, and the US probably wouldn't be too happy with it either.

I completely guessing here though, so could be hugely wide of the mark.

Absolutely. I mean, giving up all your coastline and ports would be suicidal from an economic point of view. 

this must have been done before, europe with all the pole ice melted

213.jpg

You underestimate the Netherlands' flood defences.

you forget the maginot line

Who could forget?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSSBQWbF7R8

this must have been done before, europe with all the pole ice melted

213.jpg

You underestimate the Netherlands' flood defences.

you forget the maginot line

Who could forget?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSSBQWbF7R8

Not sure if serious...

Forget it, my mistake. Saw the original post on my phone - which didn't display the name of the song on the clip. I stupidly assumed it was the more famous Formby one about the Siegfried line. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â