Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

we should have a thread where we can scientifically study the various builds of physiques of people from around the world in order to better understand the many and varied shapes and sizes of people on this planet we call home - except photos of men, no men

• Like 2

The phantom island of Brasil off the west coast of Ireland. Said to be cloaked in mist, except for one day each seven years when it became visible but still could not be reached - according to Irish myth.

Brasil-Demar-4-Ortelius-1595.jpg?resize=

Brasil-Demar-3-Mercator-1589.jpg?resize=

Brasil-Demar-2-Unknown-Author-1570.jpg?r

Brasil-Demar-1-Piri-Reis-1513.jpg?resize

Irish cartographers leave a lot to be desired don't they? :D

The prospect of drawing a map back then is absolutely mind boggling.

The fact they got them so close blows me away.

You'd like to think so, but that bottom map was published by the Irish in 2009. :D

• Like 1

The phantom island of Brasil off the west coast of Ireland. Said to be cloaked in mist, except for one day each seven years when it became visible but still could not be reached - according to Irish myth.

Brasil-Demar-4-Ortelius-1595.jpg?resize=

Brasil-Demar-3-Mercator-1589.jpg?resize=

Brasil-Demar-2-Unknown-Author-1570.jpg?r

Brasil-Demar-1-Piri-Reis-1513.jpg?resize

I should be able to see it from my house so will start looking to the horizon every morning.

I guess the upside-downness is because...

It's a map of Africa if it hadn't been invaded, so I guess the implication is Africa would set the agenda of which way is up. Or something like that.

It's a map of Africa, drawn by a penguin living at the South Pole. Said penguin incorrectly assumes that he's living at the north pole. He isn't aware of the penguin rule, despite being a penguin. 

• Like 3

Surprised by the Russians tbh...

im not, the blonde chrisp posted, bang average from what i saw in russia, even the gf said to me "is it me or are there loads more women than men here, and most of them are really pretty"

im guessing there is no right answer, the one i said seemingly wasnt anyway

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â