Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

i was 9 and from a docks town, philosophy wasn't my strong point.

I understand it fully now, it's all about how pigs can help monkeys find a golden fleece if you're nice to the poor and wish upon a star. I paraphrase, obviously.

• Like 2

Yeah, the dubbed TV 'Monkey' was pretty popular here back in the day. But 90% of British kids were only interested in the martial arts aspect.

And anybody remember "The Water Margin"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqsAye_EiA0

• Like 1

I speak like I know what I'm talking about, but actually I've never read Water Margin, neither have I ever read Journey to the West (I have watched a bit of it on TV before, but not much).

I have read a children's version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms before (in Chinese), and I greatly enjoy watching the TV series that was produced by the CCTV some time ago (I own the DVD). It's my personal favourite, because it's (mostly) historical.

Really really glad to see that Chinese literature is being given the respect it deserves on VT. We can talk about Shakespeare but the Chinese classics are imo on the same level.

We speak like we know what we're talking about, but those two old TV shows are about it.

Other than those two, I couldn't name a single work of Chinese literature, and I've certainly never read any.

We speak like we know what we're talking about, but those two old TV shows are about it.

Other than those two, I couldn't name a single work of Chinese literature, and I've certainly never read any.

The Art of War isn't bad.

It turned Nigel Reo-Coker into a headless chicken so it must have some power

He could read?

He could read?

Apparently so, he read Art of War and found it so inspiring he gave a copy to every player that joined the club

• Like 1

Eire for quality of life?

Well, if you like drizzle, dislike vegetables and want synthetic cream in your cakes* yes, but otherwise debatable.

* all research undertaken on holidays between 1996 - 2002

Well, if you like drizzle, dislike vegetables and want synthetic cream in your cakes* yes, but otherwise debatable.

Synthetic cream?  I think your holidays were on a strict budget!  And yeah you do have to love drizzle.

Synthetic cream?  I think your holidays were on a strict budget!  And yeah you do have to love drizzle.

stayed in a few cottages around places like Fethard on Sea

usually the shops would consist of a general newsagent come post office, a butcher and a cake shop

lovely, but it turned out there's only so much sausage and cream my missus will put up with in any one week

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â