The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

There a three possible scenarios happening at the moment either 1) Sherwood is a decent manager held back by crap players 2) Sherwood is a crap manager holding back decent players or 3) both Sherwood and the players are crap.  In my opinion it is mostly 2) with 3) also being a strong possibility. 

Whatever the answer something has got to change very soon - we can't change the players so we've got to change what most will see as the root of the problem - the manager.  The problem with this is that the very people who chose Sherwood are afraid that they will look complete plums sacking him so soon, so they are persevering in the faint hope that he can turn things round

The media seem to think Villa fans are expecting to be topping the table but the truth is that most would settle for 10th-12th without the drama of yet another relegation battle

4 points from the last 33 available is shocking - Sherwood must go now

Any further delay will make relegation a near certainty

another defeat for Moyes, bring him in now. zero wins at home this season he will fit right in

Are you saying that as a defence for keeping Sherwood or are you suggesting we should bring in another manager instead?

we shouldnt be signing a manager that has failed at his last 2 clubs

If we lose on Saturday, we'll need 2 points per game to hit the magical 40 points this season. 

Just to put that into context, 2 point per game would have seen us finish 3rd last season, a point ahead of Arsenal.

nah it's 36 points from 28 matches, which is very doable.

• Like 1

another defeat for Moyes, bring him in now. zero wins at home this season he will fit right in

Are you saying that as a defence for keeping Sherwood or are you suggesting we should bring in another manager instead?

we shouldnt be signing a manager that has failed at his last 2 clubs

Putting to one side the fact that one of them was Man Utd coming off their must successful era.

Are you suggesting we stick with Sherwood or find someone new that isn't Moyes?

If we lose on Saturday, we'll need 2 points per game to hit the magical 40 points this season. 

Just to put that into context, 2 point per game would have seen us finish 3rd last season, a point ahead of Arsenal.

nah it's 36 points from 28 matches, which is very doable.

Indeed, ignore me, I'm taking bollocks.

:D

• Like 1

Not sure why people think we will win loads of games in the division below, we won't . There are a few teams in that league who have beaten us recently and that's when we've had better players . It would be very competitive and I can see us down for a few years

I think more than a "few years"

Let's be under no illusions. We are a club that is in serious decline and the current owner has taken us to our lowest ebb in 20+ years. He is **** clueless and is totally resposible for the last 8 years . We are a reflection of his under achieving life - Dad was the achiever, successful and made the money. Randy was born with a silver spoon is his mouth and never achieved anything in his pathetic "rich boy" life. We were his route to self justification. 

I wrote here in 2006 about our being on the "Road to Oblivion" under Ellis. We were going nowhere and were totally **** as a force in the PL. When Lerner took over the club, I had my doubts about this rich guy who had done **** all in his life buying AVFC as his way to Glory but fell for all the hype such as the "successful entrepreneur" - a load of bollox. Anything, anybody was better than Ellis and Krulak the biggest bullshitter walking added to the Lerner Myth. 

Now we are back to the beginning and back on that **** "Road to Oblivion".  I despised Ellis and can't believe I am saying this but Lerner is even worse. I wouldn't have Ellis back but  Lerner is the worse thing that ever happened to Aston Villa in my lifetime. 

The word removed can't even show his face at VP and probably still has his **** tattoo - word removed!!!!

• Like 2

if replacing Sherwood one that isnt Moyes, no matter if Fergie left he took them to 7th. That is a huge drop for a team that ran away with the title

One which most people thought had massively over achieved at the time.

But that doesn't really matter, what matters would Moyes do a better job than Sherwood and would he keep us up. For me it's yes and yes and so if we could I'd swap in a second.

How he fared at United is utterly irrelevant.

• Like 4

if replacing Sherwood one that isnt Moyes, no matter if Fergie left he took them to 7th. That is a huge drop for a team that ran away with the title

It was always going to be the impossible job to replace Fergie, but I applaud him for taking it on.

Moyes was always hampered by RvP going from the best striker in the world for one season into the injury crock he had, and losing David Gill behind the scenes. We'll never know if he would've done better given time but, with the margins so fine at the bottom of the table, any improvement may mean the difference between going down and staying up. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â