The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Let's give the guy a full preseason with the team and at least a transfer window before we lynch him eh?

No.

If he needed a full pre-season and a transfer window to keep us up then, his fault or not, he was the wrong person for the job.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

What were people really expecting to happen over these 9 games he's had? Especially when you consider how atrocious it was for so long before we finally made a change.

We're winning more games, we're scoring more goals and we're playing better football.  It's far from perfect but realistically i'm not sure how much better people could expect it to be at this point.

its an improvement - I think 99% would agree.  Whether its enough of an improvement is open to question IMO

So what would have been acceptable improvement if what we've seen isn't?

1 more win? 2 more wins?

Showed a bit of a lack of tactical nous tonight.

Ramsey changed QPR in the second half and they suddenly looked the better team for a long spell. Our attacking mindset got us out of it in the end with a superb free kick, but that worried me a little bit.

Cracking game though. But we need wins.

What were people really expecting to happen over these 9 games he's had? Especially when you consider how atrocious it was for so long before we finally made a change.

We're winning more games, we're scoring more goals and we're playing better football.  It's far from perfect but realistically i'm not sure how much better people could expect it to be at this point.

its an improvement - I think 99% would agree.  Whether its enough of an improvement is open to question IMO

1 more win? 2 more wins?

I think you can work that out for yourself - but look at the home games

Stoke - L

Swansea -L

WBA -W

QPR - D

I don't think 4 pts from those games is going to be enough - It also doesn't bode well for our remaining games. - At the end of the day it matters not what I think is acceptable - its whats gets us 4th bottom

• Like 1

Showed a bit of a lack of tactical nous tonight.

Ramsey changed QPR in the second half and they suddenly looked the better team for a long spell. Our attacking mindset got us out of it in the end with a superb free kick, but that worried me a little bit.

Cracking game though. But we need wins.

To change tactics you sometimes need the personnel to carry out your thoughts......if you have too many of similar types, which I think we have....what can you change other than their name.?

Until he has the opportunity to bring in some different types I will reserve my judgement on him.

We have a soft underbelly, that I' m not sure anyone can effect without surgery.

• Like 1

1 more win? 2 more wins?

Stoke - L

Swansea -L

WBA -W

QPR - D

I don't think 4 pts from those games is going to be enough - It also doesn't bode well for our remaining games. - At the end of the day it matters not what I think is acceptable - its whats gets us 4th bottom

why did people seem to assume that Stoke and Swansea are some sort of walkover?

their nearly 20 points ahead of us for a reason

lack of tactical nous???

remind us again of how many fit players we have and what these tactical options were/

All teams have injuries. It's no excuse.

#lambertout

Until he has the opportunity to bring in some different types I will reserve my judgement on him.

This line keeps getting trotted out.

And it's fair enough.

BUT, if Sherwood is a manager who needs a pre season and his own transfers to get us playing and keep us up then he will be a failure at what he has been employed to do. He will have been the wrong appointment and we don't have time to excuse it by saying he needs his own players.

• Like 2

Let's give the guy a full preseason with the team and at least a transfer window before we lynch him eh?

This x 100

I find it incredible that some have written him off after 10 games. I think people forget what a mess the club was in when he took over.

It wasn't so long ago some people were saying Lambert needed 2-3 years to turn things around. Sherwood has made a marked improvement on the dross we were served up by St Paul imo.

Were palace in less of a mess?

West brom?

Massive improvements with average managers at the helm for those teams.

We've just got ourselves another crap manager.

That would be great point if only it had any statistical or factual merit.

Sherwoods first 7 League - Won 2, Drawn 1, Lost 4, scored 11, conceeded 11, points 7, Goal Difference 0

Pulis first 7, Won 3, Drawn 3, Lost 1, scored 6, conceeded 5, points 12, goal difference +1. (Currently on 15 points from 11 games, g difference - 5)

Pardew first 7, Won 3, Drawn 1, Lost 3, scored 10, comceeded 9, points 10, goal difference +1. (Now at 19 from 11 games, +4 goals.)

Yet you say they wrought, Quote 'Massive Improvements".

So basically if we had scored 1 more goal and turned a draw to a win he would pretty much match these apparently far superior managers.  And neither of those inherited a Club who simply couldnt score goals.

In Pulis case, you would also have been knocked out the FA Cup by your rivals, and have to watch dire football.

• Like 1

And it's fair enough.

BUT, if Sherwood is a manager who needs a pre season and his own transfers to get us playing and keep us up then he will be a failure at what he has been employed to do. He will have been the wrong appointment and we don't have time to excuse it by saying he needs his own players.

Until we're relegated its a valid thing to say.

1 more win? 2 more wins?

Stoke - L

Swansea -L

WBA -W

QPR - D

why did people seem to assume that Stoke and Swansea are some sort of walkover?

their nearly 20 points ahead of us for a reason

Fair point - But so are Everton and West Ham - two forthcoming home games. My point is to survive we have no option but to beat such teams ....thus far the track record ain't great

But guesss what, hes a football Manager, not a keyboard warrior, so he probably does know what hwe is doing and has reasons for what he does.

Just a thought.

No need for that kind of post.

Especially as it isn't what you normally post.

This x 100

I find it incredible that some have written him off after 10 games. I think people forget what a mess the club was in when he took over.

It wasn't so long ago some people were saying Lambert needed 2-3 years to turn things around. Sherwood has made a marked improvement on the dross we were served up by St Paul imo.

Were palace in less of a mess?

West brom?

Massive improvements with average managers at the helm for those teams.

We've just got ourselves another crap manager.

That would be great point if only it had any statistical or factual merit.

Sherwoods first 7 League - Won 2, Drawn 1, Lost 4, scored 11, conceeded 11, points 7, Goal Difference 0

Pulis first 7, Won 3, Drawn 3, Lost 1, scored 6, conceeded 5, points 12, goal difference +1. (Currently on 15 points from 11 games, g difference - 5)

Pardew first 7, Won 3, Drawn 1, Lost 3, scored 10, comceeded 9, points 10, goal difference +1. (Now at 19 from 11 games, +4 goals.)

Yet you say they wrought, Quote 'Massive Improvements".

So basically if we had scored 1 more goal and turned a draw to a win he would pretty much match these apparently far superior managers.  And neither of those inherited a Club who simply couldnt score goals.

In Pulis case, you would also have been knocked out the FA Cup by your rivals, and have to watch dire football.

Sadly its such small margins that could relegate us - and extra 2 points would be massive at this stage.

It's a funny one with Sherwood if we do go down.....I always maintained he'd get a free pass from me given how ridiculously long it took to sack Lambert with a lot of the damage already set.

However you'd have to hold him a little bit responsible given the state of play after we'd won at Sunderland when we'd seemed to have done the hard work. Especially aswell if Sunderland stay up themselves.

And it's fair enough.

Until we're relegated its a valid thing to say.

Not really.

Because it's implying that no matter what happens he gets a free pass until he has a transfer window and a pre season.

So even if we lost every game now and finished bottom, judgement would be reserved until he'd had a pre-season.

That's nuts.

(fwiw I think we'll stay up, just. I just hate this attitude that we're not allowed to pass any sort of judgement at this stage. Negative I might add. it seems fine to judge him if you reach a positive conclusion)

• Like 1

But guesss what, hes a football Manager, not a keyboard warrior, so he probably does know what hwe is doing and has reasons for what he does.

Just a thought.

No need for that kind of post.

Especially as it isn't what you normally post.

I think it is fully justified.

I am making the point that fans who, after a few games, are effectively saying the Manager doesnt know what he is doing half the time, might like to consider that perhaps he does at least see as much as them, plus works with players every day, and that maybe, just maybe, he has good reasons for what he does.

Beleive me Id rather not be posting any of this after what I thought was a terrific game of football, but I am genuinely utterly sick of the constant comments of a minority who have clearly already decided, and seem almost pleased that, our Manager is an idiot !

It's a funny one with Sherwood if we do go down.....I always maintained he'd get a free pass from me given how ridiculously long it took to sack Lambert with a lot of the damage already set.

However you'd have to hold him a little bit responsible given the state of play after we'd won at Sunderland when we'd seemed to have done the hard work. Especially aswell if Sunderland stay up themselves.

Yup - thats sort of where Im at. The swansea game was the killer for me ....it was a 'Have we turned the corner or just beaten some utter dross'  - We need a shock win - and soon IMO.

I don't see TS staying if we go down

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â