The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

He just said the 'two of the back four had only trained for 4 days after being out for 6 weeks'.  So he dropped Okore and Lowton and brought in Vlaar and Richardson which ultimately cost us. Can anyone justify that?

This can only even be considered as a question if the staerting premise is 'he has no idea'.

If you start on the basis he might know what hes doing then there are loads of reasons why he would have done it, all legitimate.

Well he kinda showed he didn't really know what he was doing tonight by letting Qpr control the second half and leaving Richardson on for the full game. 

My point entirely.

You think he doesnt know what he is doing.

Therefore all manner of things can be made to seem wrong.

But guesss what, hes a football Manager, not a keyboard warrior, so he probably does know what hwe is doing and has reasons for what he does.

Just a thought.

In the 7 League games before he took over we Won 0, Drew 2, Lost 5, scored 1. conceeded 12.

In his 7 we have Won 2, Drawn 1, Lost 4, scored 11, conceeded 11.

With the same players who were rock bottom in terms of perfromance confidence and desire.

Not to mention we are watchable again.

That record is not outstanding, but it is decent and it utterly baffles me why a small minority appear to look for any thing at all to knock the guy.

This. And by and large it seems to be those who wouldn't allow a cross word to be said about Lambert, stinks of agenda and point scoring imo.

Sherwood plays Weiman ahead of Gill in Old Trafford shocker.

Sherwood plays a left footer at left back shocker

Come on guys-Lets keep it real. Its easy to comment with hindsight. Would Gill have made any difference at OT other than possibly see a bigger defeat? Richardson at LB was (with hindsight) a mistake but that's not to say Lowton (the only other option) would have fared better.

Sherwood has got a lot more right than he's got wrong. I can't for the life of me understand the nit picking over irrelevant issues.

• Like 3

In the 7 League games before he took over we Won 0, Drew 2, Lost 5, scored 1. conceeded 12.

In his 7 we have Won 2, Drawn 1, Lost 4, scored 11, conceeded 11.

With the same players who were rock bottom in terms of perfromance confidence and desire.

Not to mention we are watchable again.

That record is not outstanding, but it is decent and it utterly baffles me why a small minority appear to look for any thing at all to knock the guy.

This. And by and large it seems to be those who wouldn't allow a cross word to be said about Lambert, stinks of agenda and point scoring imo.

Exactly.

I wonder if a few were this critical of Lambert 9 games in.

I'd say he left Richardson on as the alternative really was Baker or Lowton.Phillips pace would have been a problem for them too.Don't get me wrong Richardson was shit but I can see why left him on given options he had.

Once again he goes back to poor purchasing in market that Richardson is our back up option there to Cissoko who himself has not been great meanwhile we have 2 other LB's out on loan.

• Like 1

When the main criticism appears to be that he simultaeneously ;

Is 'naive'  -(hasnt been a Manager long enough) yet also 'tactically inept' (he HAS been a Manager long enough for us (! experts) to know his faults........then I think the criticism is , in general terms, unfounded, contradictory, and premature.

Oh I forgot the other criticism he doesnt play Gil, who, as we all know, yet he mysteriously fails to see, would have got us up the League single handed - odd as he featured in all 7 games before Sherwood took over and we were in freefall.

Perhaps, just perhaps, when he watches all the players training, he thinks the best Team is one without Gil in it ?

Perhaps that will change game by game, in the way that Managers do actually change teams around.

Or perhaps he is an idiot ?

I asked a simple question but go ahead and jump to extremes rather than answer it. Nothing new there anyway...

The way you defended Lambert for so long and are so quick to jump on his replacement shows there's little point answering your question seriously.

Yeah and I still say Lambert did a good job to keep us up for 2 seasons but this season proved too much and he lost control, the job he took on was massive and if we get through this season still in the Premier League and with new owners and a bright future he will deserve a lot of credit.  

I'd be happy for Sherwood to be given a proper shot at things here beyond this season because he could then bring in his own players that would suit his style and hopefully would have larger transfer funds than have been available since Lambert took over.  My issue is atm Sherwood is making some really dumb decisions that are costing us. It seems he can't stray away from a 442 and see a game out.  It's too one dimensional and it could be said that this has cost us 3 points by losing the late goal to Swansea and losing the second half tonight. I see positive signs in his management style but he is as inexperienced as they come and it is showing.

I don't want to knock a guy a few games in - he sees the players day in day day out - we don't. He made some brave calls tonight, a couple of them in Grealish and Richardson backfired IMO. 

Overall I wasn't encouraged by what I saw tonight - 2 moments of brilliance + 1 deflected shot from Benteke - a few surging runs from Delph - but other than, there was no pattern to our play - defensively we had players bumping into each other - failed to deal with the simplest of clearances.

1 point was disappointing - but equally the performance will need to be much better over the coming weeks if we are to survive 

I don't want to knock a guy a few games in - he sees the players day in day day out - we don't. He made some brave calls tonight, a couple of them in Grealish and Richardson backfired IMO. 

Overall I wasn't encouraged by what I saw tonight - 2 moments of brilliance + 1 deflected shot from Benteke - a few surging runs from Delph - but other than, there was no pattern to our play - defensively we had players bumping into each other - failed to deal with the simplest of clearances.

1 point was disappointing - but equally the performance will need to be much better over the coming weeks if we are to survive 

IMO your opinion here is more than fair, that is the difference between criticising and moaning......but FWIW we must have been watching different games !!.I thought the football we played, especially in the first half, was as good as anything IVe seen us play, or indeed any side outsie the top 6, for a long while.

Each to there own !

Edited by terrytini

yet you knock him in every thread  :lol:

• Like 2

3 goals is plenty to win a match

Some fans are barking up the wrong tree imo

I would hazard a guess that playing four genuine defenders, each in their correct positions, over a settled period, would work wonders for that end of the pitch.

And as far as I can see we have rapidly decreasing worries at the other end.

I was happy with how we played the game tonight.

See a game out ?

We were behind twice, I dont think he would have got much credit holding on to a 2-3 scoreline .

We were winning at half time and should of been able to see the game out.  Qpr made a tactical change and controlled the majority of the second half, maybe Sherwood should of reacted to this rather than bring on Cole and play the same system.  We were saved by the free kick as we created feck all in that half.

I would hazard a guess that playing four genuine defenders, each in their correct positions, over a settled period, would work wonders for that end of the pitch.

He could of left Okore and Lowton in rather than cause complete upset in our backline. We were all over the place at the back, players running into each other and Richardson being way behind the play leading to them causing havoc down his flank. I'm sorry but Sherwood made a cock up tonight that we couldn't afford and completely back fired.

Since we're getting better forward, I think we could try to move Clark to LB, and tell him just to defend. Vlaar and Okore as CB, with Hutton on the right. We should be fine defensively with these guys.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â