The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

It's important to note that he hasn't failed yet.

If his remit is to keep us up then we judge him at the end of the season. "Simple" as that.

Judge his overall achievement then yes.

But I don't see what's wrong with people passing some judgement on what we've already seen, good and bad. Nobody is saying he should be sacked now, which would be giving an overall judgement.

I was replying to the 9 game is enough theory being purported.

Totally agree with you. I have been critical of his use of 4-4-2 myself and his nativity against United in particular.

Christmas already, Jesus where has the year gone!   :D

Edited by pacbuddies
  • Like 2

How is it bold? It's what Lambert picked but he starts Grealish instead of wiemann

Given the form and fitness of various players, I think Richardson and Bacuna ahead of Lowton is bold, Vlaar ahead of Okore is bold and Grealish ahead of Gil/N'Zogbia is a huge call. 

• Like 1

How is it bold? It's what Lambert picked but he starts Grealish instead of wiemann

Given the form and fitness of various players, I think Richardson and Bacuna ahead of Lowton is bold, Vlaar ahead of Okore is bold and Grealish ahead of Gil/N'Zogbia is a huge call.

Yeah I guess but he's resting a few as we played a few days ago. I don't think it's too shocking. Leaving Gil out is bold.

It's important to note that he hasn't failed yet.

If his remit is to keep us up then we judge him at the end of the season. "Simple" as that.

Judge his overall achievement then yes.

But I don't see what's wrong with people passing some judgement on what we've already seen, good and bad. Nobody is saying he should be sacked now, which would be giving an overall judgement.

Fair enough.  What I've seen is a considerable improvement on the dismal football Lambert served up, and I think he'll keep us up.

Change the word "considerable" to "slight" and I'd agree with your statement.

The test will be whether Sherwood can keep up the improvement. i.e. is it more than a bounce.

I can see improvement that could be long term. For a start he has the big name experienced attacking players like Agbonlahor, Benteke, Delph and Cleverley all on song and looking threatening and more important looking happier than they did under previous regime

He seems to manage the same way I play Football Manager. Choose my tactic and stick to it rigidly throughout the game even if i'm not doing well. The difference is, If it goes tits up for me I can just reload the game If I need to.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â