The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

From what I can tell from this thread, it is only split into those that think Sherwood can turn things around, and those that can't see him doing that. 

I haven't really seen anyone saying he's actually doing a good job at this moment in time. 

So it's a matter of whether you've had your tollarence or patience destroyed by the previous regimes or not. 

I think he did a good job last season. This season, so far, no, the results don't lie. Early days though

On a wider note, what would be a good job at this club now? 10th? 14th? Its been so long since I looked that far up the table I get giddy thinking about it!

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

The most disappointing aspect of this thread is the personal abuse that has been dished out about Sherwood. It wasn't right with Lambert and it's not right now.

Says more about the person posting I think. 

I love football but unfortunately it does attract a lot of idiots.

Yeah, like our manager! AMIRITE? :mellow:

After sleeping on it i still don't think he's right for this club

I really wanted for it to workout for him here he was a breath of fresh air when he first joined us and lifted the club but i don't think he has it in his locker to be a successful long term manager

Good firefighter poor football manager

I

• Like 1

Great choice for the job of keeping us up.

Never been sure he's the right choice for taking us forward. Too early to conclude anything, he can still turn it around and deserves the chance. But it's not looking good.

• Like 1

The thing is, last season he made lots of good decisions - we played free flowing football to our strength - Benteke. He made the laboured Lambert team seem half decent and he blooded and persevered with Jack at great risk. His crowning glory being the demolition of Liverpool. 

Where has that confident, cavalier, attack centric manager gone?? It's like Lambert in Gillet.

The quality disappeared before the end of last season. Remember, although admittedly he did a great job keeping us up, he did not do such a great job towards the end of the season, i.e. got destroyed by Southampton. An how come he couldn't motivate a team in a cup final, to the point where it looked as though we didn't even turn up. Personally I think he was losing the dressing room, that was a disgusting display against Arsenal, like a training session for them.

Edited by foreveryoung

@bunnski Thing is, I can't really argue with your assessment on Sherwood right now. I just suspect that he'll improve with time. For me the real question remains whether or not a struggling club in the nation's top division is the right place for him to learn.

Oh, and this should have quoted your last post. I am not a fan of this new quoting system.

It really is shit.

Yes it is. I'm hoping it worked this time... I'll know in a second.

• Like 3

The thing is, last season he made lots of good decisions - we played free flowing football to our strength - Benteke. He made the laboured Lambert team seem half decent and he blooded and persevered with Jack at great risk. His crowning glory being the demolition of Liverpool. 

Where has that confident, cavalier, attack centric manager gone?? It's like Lambert in Gillet.

The quality disappeared before the end of last season. Remember, although admittedly he did a great job keeping us up, he did not do such a great job towards the end of the season, i.e. got destroyed by Southampton. An how come he couldn't motivate a team in a cup final, to the point where it looked as though we didn't even turn up. Personally I think he was losing the dressing room, that was a disgusting display against Arsenal, like a training session for them.

You are correct FEY, it's the night and day part I can't get my head around. However I don't believe he lost the dressing 

Edited by thunderball

Some people want Sherwood to stay, some people want him to go, some are unsure.

Whatever category you are in, I accept your thoughts on it. I might not agree but I am not going to change your mind. 

All I want is for our club to be competitive and I feel let down by Sherwood who promised we would be. He has said himself that even if we don't sign anybody we wouldn't be in the position we were last season, well currently we are and with fixtures against Stoke, Chelsea, Swansea, Southampton, Spurs, Man City, Everton and Watford, things do not look good for us - especially as we don't pick up points against some of those mentioned above and the manager doesn't seem to know who he is sending out and what they should be doing. For a manager who said 'even if we don't make any signings....' this worries me greatly that he actually doesn't know what to do. 

Mostly, I am just fed up with the fact the team doesn't look like it has a clue. If we were seeing progression i'd be cool about losing, but we just seem to be too defensive, with too much focus on negative football and with no fluidity on the pitch.

With respect, I could not disagree more..... we are struggling with the defensive side of our game and I think the fluidity has improved....albeit spells.

• Like 1

When you talk the way Sherwood talks you really need to be able to back it up.

Right now he isn't backing it up, far from it and instead he is back tracking on what he has said previously.

It is hardly surprising that as a result people are losing confidence, faith, belief (call it what you will) in his ability. Perhaps he has given that he is laying the foundations of excuses for himself.

I can't imagine anyone thinks he is doing a good job right now, so that just leaves the question of if people think he is capable of more.

I completely take on board the points raised by some about the scale of the task he faced in the summer and I completely agree with many of them, I made similar in the summer.

That said, I think he is under performing. Not purely in terms of results but in terms of performances, decisions, team selections and tactics. 

He has clearly signed some good players this summer, potentially some of them are very good but there are for me increasing questions about his ability to mould them into a good team.

I warmed to him in the summer, largely as he got on with the job as opposed to talking. But he is talking again now and a lot of the time I really don't like what I hear from him. Its all about him and his tactics when we win, even claiming our awful first half on Tuesday was his tactical masterstroke but when we don't its put on the players. Managers simply don't last doing that sort of thing.

Right now, he is under performing with the resources at his disposal and he needs to address that and stop trying to take Brendan Rogers title as the David Brent of the Premier League.

Excellent post.

When you talk the way Sherwood talks you really need to be able to back it up.

Right now he isn't backing it up, far from it and instead he is back tracking on what he has said previously.

It is hardly surprising that as a result people are losing confidence, faith, belief (call it what you will) in his ability. Perhaps he has given that he is laying the foundations of excuses for himself.

I can't imagine anyone thinks he is doing a good job right now, so that just leaves the question of if people think he is capable of more.

I completely take on board the points raised by some about the scale of the task he faced in the summer and I completely agree with many of them, I made similar in the summer.

That said, I think he is under performing. Not purely in terms of results but in terms of performances, decisions, team selections and tactics. 

He has clearly signed some good players this summer, potentially some of them are very good but there are for me increasing questions about his ability to mould them into a good team.

I warmed to him in the summer, largely as he got on with the job as opposed to talking. But he is talking again now and a lot of the time I really don't like what I hear from him. Its all about him and his tactics when we win, even claiming our awful first half on Tuesday was his tactical masterstroke but when we don't its put on the players. Managers simply don't last doing that sort of thing.

Right now, he is under performing with the resources at his disposal and he needs to address that and stop trying to take Brendan Rogers title as the David Brent of the Premier League.

Good post and especially the bit about talking about the players when we don't perform and himself when we win. I actually hadn't noticed that but it's a worrying trend he's setting.

I think we all knew he was an egoist coming in to the job, so none of this should be surprising. 

At some point, he needs to put up or shut up, and that point is fast approaching.

Stoke won't be a walk in the park, and the next few matches after that all scream defeat. 

We are close to being completely ****.

I just hope Tom Fox has a few names and numbers lined up.

Edited by maqroll

I think we all knew he was an egoist coming in to the job, so none of this should be surprising. 

At some point, he needs to put up or shut up, and that point is fast approaching.

Stoke won't be a walk in the park, and the next few matches after that all scream defeat. 

We are close to being completely ****.

I just hope Tom Fox has a few names and numbers lined up.

Hard to disagree with this. I just think that point is "slow approaching," and because of that, I don't see us as "close to being completely ****" just sort of middlingly ****.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â