The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I got a lot of stick for suggesting Allardyce a few pages back.

The fact is this is our most important season under Lerner. Missing out on the substantial TV revenue would devastate this club. Allardyce at least gives us a fighting chance. Sherwood is the Del Boy of the Premier League.

That's why I suggested him - he knows what he's doing. 

• Like 1

The worst thing about today is not necessarily the result but the manner of the result. We have been played off the park by a WBA side managed by Tony Pulis. 

Truly shocking. Gastede looks like a poor man's Heskey, Ayew can't get a look in such is his lack of any sort of ability and Veretout was lucky to get 10mins. Add to that the shambolic use of his substitution's and I'm starting to worry. 

We really weren't "played off the park" at all.  It was, however, far too comfortable for them.

I think we need to start Gestede - not because he's a great striker, but he's the only option we have for aerial balls and a genuine chance of scoring from corners.  Even with a relatively poor cameo today, he still had our best chance of the game.

• Like 1

The way Sherwood sat down and looked very lost was worrying. No jumping up and down, just like a schoolboy who was in detention - and this is after his 'schoolboy told off' interview last week. Worrying. I think he is losing belief in himself.

Yes, exactly. A total lack of belief and self-confidence, and it seems to have filtered through to the players. I really do think that post-match interview last week was telling us something. 

He'll be gone on Wednesday.

Sadly, he won't.

I'd have him gone before he leaves the stadium tonight. Absolutely hopeless, the definition of a chanced, all mouth and certainly no trousers.

100% agree.

I got a lot of stick for suggesting Allardyce a few pages back.

The fact is this is our most important season under Lerner. Missing out on the substantial TV revenue would devastate this club. Allardyce at least gives us a fighting chance. Sherwood is the Del Boy of the Premier League.

That's why I suggested him - he knows what he's doing. 

He doesn't - certainly no more than what we've got.

When things go right, they go right.  When they go wrong, Allardyce has no idea what to do.

Wow....... what can you say after that.

Only positive is Gueye Traore Illori Kozak Okore Crespo can possibly make a difference.

Hutton and Bacuna are pretty poor full backs. Merge them and they would be one heck of a player. One cant attack one cant defend. Crespo or Illori may get a chance?

It really is concerning when the team plays like the manager.. hes just sitting there.. no energy.. just how i am slouched on the couch with no hope. Hes the manager.. get up you idiot!!

Gestede im afraid.. just doesnt look upto Premier League level. Neither does Ayew..... we are in a huge mess up front. Kozak must return to the side.

Gueye is our best player now imo and his return will make a difference. He has energy and he spreads the ball alot quicker than Westwood.

Hurts after that match. Awful.

Lose a few more and he will lose majority of the fans. He just reminds me of Lambert.. started promising and gung ho attack.. realised we couldnt defend... so tried the balancing act.. didnt work.. then ran out of ideas and makes silly subs/tactics. Sad. Whats Wilkins doing? i rarely see him on the sideline..

• Like 1

Until we're 10-12 games gone I won't judge him or the players. They've got a lot to learn. 

My problem today lies with the captain. He ran past the player who scored. I'm not sure he's a centre back at all. 

Edited by villarocker

We have inexperienced players, so we need experience in management - what the **** is Wilkins doing? Something isn't right.

I know it's tough to find positives on this run, but we still haven't lost by any significant margin.

I don't think we're that far away and I certainly think calls for Sherwood to be sacked are **** ridiculous.  This is a side that is still settling down (not that it makes the results any better, of course). We badly miss Gueye in central midfield and, actually, I think we miss Traore even though he's had very limited involvement so far.

BUT

We look lightweight up front and that doesn't look like changing with the personnel getting more settled.  What the **** must Libor Kozak be thinking?

The way Sherwood sat down and looked very lost was worrying. No jumping up and down, just like a schoolboy who was in detention - and this is after his 'schoolboy told off' interview last week. Worrying. I think he is losing belief in himself.

Yes, exactly. A total lack of belief and self-confidence, and it seems to have filtered through to the players. I really do think that post-match interview last week was telling us something. 

Yep, I wonder if he realises that managing is more than just being a cocky and confident motivator?

We have inexperienced players, so we need experience in management - what the **** is Wilkins doing? Something isn't right.

I know it's tough to find positives on this run, but we still haven't lost by any significant margin.

I don't think we're that far away and I certainly think calls for Sherwood to be sacked are **** ridiculous.  This is a side that is still settling down (not that it makes the results any better, of course). We badly miss Gueye in central midfield and, actually, I think we miss Traore even though he's had very limited involvement so far.

BUT

We look lightweight up front and that doesn't look like changing with the personnel getting more settled.  What the **** must Libor Kozak be thinking?

Doesn't matter if we lose by 6 or 1, a loss by less doesn't get you points.

BUT

'Why didn't I move to Celtic?'

• Like 1

BUT

The side doesn't look to be 'settling down' at all, in fact they are looking less settled as time goes by. 

The problem is we have absolutely no quality up front and a rather weak core. Sherwood's tactics and decisions seem to be wrong pretty much every time. Calling for Sherwood to be sacked isn't all that ridiculous and if we lose on Tuesday, certainly will not be ridiculous at all. He's showing no signs of learning and showing little signs of actually being a good manager. 

BUT

Doesn't matter if we lose by 6 or 1, a loss by less doesn't get you points.

No, of course - but it's an indicator of whether things are going terribly wrong.  In my opinion, they aren't.

The posts that say that Sherwood should be sacked, or will walk next week I think should be put in the same category as those posts where people were talking about how this season Gestede was guaranteed 15 goals, Agbonlahor 10, Kozak 10 and Grealish 10. Or the posts that said that we were going to finish top half because we'd replaced our best players with a load of foreigners that no one had heard of before we were linked with them, but that then immediately became the hottest prospects in Europe. 

Basically just absolute bollocks. We played like a really really good team two hours of football ago. And we're missing Gueye who looked like far and away our best player in the first few games. 

Yeah Ayew looks like a poor signing so far and Gestede looks like a man wishing he was back in the Championship, but these aren't sacking offences. Worse than Hull? Give me a break. 

All blame for the past however many years since MON left falls at the door of one Randolph Lerner. Never so close to being relegated as last year. Spent no money. Expects different results.

• Like 4

The worst thing about today is not necessarily the result but the manner of the result. We have been played off the park by a WBA side managed by Tony Pulis. 

Truly shocking. Gastede looks like a poor man's Heskey, Ayew can't get a look in such is his lack of any sort of ability and Veretout was lucky to get 10mins. Add to that the shambolic use of his substitution's and I'm starting to worry. 

We really weren't "played off the park" at all.  It was, however, far too comfortable for them.

I think we need to start Gestede - not because he's a great striker, but he's the only option we have for aerial balls and a genuine chance of scoring from corners.  Even with a relatively poor cameo today, he still had our best chance of the game.

Have to agree to disagree then mate. IMO they battered us in the first half and looked comfortable in the second, they fully deserved the 3 points. 

On Gestede I just can't see anything there.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â