The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Considering that he has control over transfer, I am very happy with who we have signed, are close to signing and expect to sign.  I was fearing the worst i.e. overhyped English players like Townsend.

• Like 3

I'm just not sure what he has done yet is so special. Judgement still reserved until i see how his decisions translate to the only place where it counts

And yet the place it counts never translated for Lambert but you were happy to give him praise?

Sherwood has come in to a squad extremely low on confidence, and within a short period raised confidence to get some good attacking play. Enough to keep the team in the premier league and get to an FA cup final.

He has know in his first window of transfers, got rid of dead wood and has brought in a highly regarded assistant manager and convinced a former England international who should be entering his prime to join us.

• Like 1

I'm just not sure what he has done yet is so special. Judgement still reserved until i see how his decisions translate to the only place where it counts

And yet the place it counts never translated for Lambert but you were happy to give him praise?

There's a lambert thread somewhere on this forum still and I think those wishing to carry on old arguments can even use it for that purpose should they wish

Considering that he has control over transfer, I am very happy with who we have signed, are close to signing and expect to sign.  I was fearing the worst i.e. overhyped English players like Townsend.

I'd still like Townsend.

I agree with you though, I was fearing we would only be after these type of players, good to see they are looking further afield.

Why does he have to have done something "special" to allow somebody to be quietly impressed with his work?

I have to say Richard and I'm sorry to pull you up on this, but Lambert received your undying support yet he never translated his supposed potential to where it mattered. So why the change of heart?

Edit - I now see your answer above. Fair enough, but the question is relevant IMO.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

The one special thing he has done for me is the one area where I finally had enough of Lambert.

We became worth watching again. Not all the time, ( who is ?) but enough to make me feel I had my sport and my Club back.

Considering our position when he came in, and the fact he used the same squad as had become unwatchable, I regard that as special enough to be going on with.

Why does he have to have done something "special" to allow somebody to be quietly impressed with his work?

I have to say Richard and I'm sorry to pull you up on this, but Lambert received your undying support yet he never translated his supposed potential to where it mattered. So why the change of heart?

Edit - I now see your answer above. Fair enough, but the question is relevant IMO.

Different people,  different personalities ,  different times

Lambert came into the job, for me at least,  with a degree of positvity and a different personality .  Yes I afforded him leeway and that was on the basis of the personality of the man and what he had to work with

Sherwood comes in with an entirely different reputation that i was not keen on from the start.  So the difference for me,  and I'll admit this is my opinion only,  is that Paul started at a higher position in my estimation than Sherwood does.  

The opinion that Sherwood has not done anything special yet and I reserve judgement is mine based on two different circumstances.

There's a lambert thread somewhere on this forum still and I think those wishing to carry on old arguments can even use it for that purpose should they wish

Well, isn't that handy!

I'm just not sure what he has done yet is so special.  Judgement still reserved until i see how his decisions translate to the only place where it counts

score goals. The previous manager couldnt win a bloody corner near the end of his reign and had turned one of Europes most dangerous young forwards into a combination of Emile Heskey and Marlon Harewood

I'm just not sure what he has done yet is so special.  Judgement still reserved until i see how his decisions translate to the only place where it counts

You didn't seem to take that approach with the last guy.

score goals. The previous manager couldnt win a bloody corner near the end of his reign and had turned one of Europes most dangerous young forwards into a combination of Emile Heskey and Marlon Harewood

I'd say the way we Sherwood got this team performing so quickly and after how low they dropped was pretty special.  He's making superb moves this summer and i couldn't disagree more when it comes to people not happy with him talking too much.  After Houllier, Mcleish and Lambert he's like a breath of fresh air and I like what he says.  I'm glad he wants to get rid of losers from the club, i'm glad he's come out and said we will never be in this position again under him.  The man is a winner and is confident.  We need someone like him taking the club forward. 

I was happy when he joined but I actually think he will have done much better than I initially thought he would once his time here is through.

• Like 1

Sherwood for me has done very well to confound expectations. I was publicly sceptical of his appointment and thought he'd still take us down but with a bit more fight than Lambert but to his credit not only did he keep us up but he got us to a cup final and had us playing some nice football at times as well.

• Like 1

I have never tuned in to the problem that was in some fans heads with Tim Sherwood.

I have always been of the opinion that there are too many factors involved to be sure of any manager being successful with us.....so for me,Tim was just another unproven manager looking for his chance to prove himself, just like John Gregory....he has fire in his belly, some proven managers have left it all behind them.

The first signs are good, keeping us up was monumental.....but there is a long road ahead.....he like any manager needs the breaks.

Surrounding himself with good players and good coaches, is central to that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

I wanted him and was happy when he joined. I thought he was exactly what we needed and it turned out to be the case. But now his initial task is complete the job will get much harder for him IMO. Expectations for the new season will be completely different and he we eventually be judged on his own team. Is he the man to take us forward? Only time will tell.

Different people, different personalities , different times

Lambert came into the job, for me at least, with a degree of positvity and a different personality . Yes I afforded him leeway and that was on the basis of the personality of the man and what he had to work with

Sherwood comes in with an entirely different reputation that i was not keen on from the start. So the difference for me, and I'll admit this is my opinion only, is that Paul started at a higher position in my estimation than Sherwood does.

The opinion that Sherwood has not done anything special yet and I reserve judgement is mine based on two different circumstances.

Ok, so it's based on personality rather than perceived ability. That's fair enough though for me it's not something I really care much about once they're in the door. That said, I've found him personal and rather charming. He's "ours" so to speak, one of the family. I never really got that from the last few managers, not since Martin.

• Like 2

I still don't really like Sherwood as a person. I think if he was in charge of another club we'd all hate him, although he's easier to like when he's your manager.

But yeah, I think he's a bit of a dick.

But as DDID says, that's not really an attribute I put near the top of my list of what I want our manager to be.

I can't complain, on the whole, with what he's done on the pitch. And so far he looks to be making some decent moves in the transfer window if the hype around the players we're interested in comes true.

Keep it up, Tim.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â