The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I supported Lambert-I backed him. Now he has gone, it feels like a weight has been lifted. The football is everything that fans have been crying out for, the passion from the manager is there to see. lets have a look at Sherwoods losses, also taking into account that miracles don't happen overnight:

Stoke-Last minute penalty. Unlucky not to get a draw

Newcastle-We created more chances than they did

Swansea-Lost to the better team-Hands up

Man U-Lost to the better team-hands up

Albion-won

Sunderland-won

QPR-drew

A pretty fine line in all of those games other than Man U (& obviously Sunderland). A vast improvement on what went on before. It won't be easy but we will get enough points to survive, possibly an FA Cup final to boot. Lets have a look this time next season.

I honestly believe this bloke is the best we can get at present and there is no limits to how far he can take us-He hasn't found his limit yet and could outgrow us just as Benteke has.

The football I cry out for is winning football when we're in the position we're in.

I'd have rather won tonight's game 1-0 with no shots on target and an own goal that went in off Rob Green's arse than only get a point.

We can worry about being entertaining when we're not shit.

• Like 4

well if we are shit like we have been for years, its better to have some exciting football and score some goals instead of playing for 0-0 or 1-0 defeats like it was near the Lambert reign

tell you what watch the Hull game and then watch tonight game and tell me what you prefer

• Like 1

well if we are shit like we have been for years, its better to have some exciting football and score some goals instead of playing for 0-0 or 1-0 defeats like it was near the Lambert reign

tell you what watch the Hull game and then watch tonight game and tell me what you prefer

Which Hull game?

The one where we won or the one where we lost?

Because I'd take the former over tonight's game every day of the week.

Obviously I'd prefer tonight's game over a game we lost. 

I'm not arguing for 0-0 or 1-0 defeats. I'm saying in the position we're in, I'd prefer a boring game that saw us walk away with 3 points than a barn stormer that didn't.

• Like 1

The football I cry out for is winning football when we're in the position we're in.

I'd have rather won tonight's game 1-0 with no shots on target and an own goal that went in off Rob Green's arse than only get a point.

We can worry about being entertaining when we're not shit.

I have to say, my sentiments too.....I think you build from the back and become hard to beat before you become entertaining.

end to end football is like what Albion have in their DNA but it lacks consistency, unless you can manage it like united have over the years ....with steel.

Which Hull game?

I'm not arguing for 0-0 or 1-0 defeats. I'm saying in the position we're in, I'd prefer a boring game that saw us walk away with 3 points than a barn stormer that didn't.

the last one. Lambert last game in charge, a much more miserable tuesday night football than I encountered tonight

Which Hull game?

the last one. Lambert last game in charge, a much more miserable tuesday night football than I encountered tonight

But we lost that game.

So I don't know what your point is?

Are you asking me if I'd prefer tonight's draw to that defeat? Well of course I would.

If we'd somehow fluked a 1-0 win in that hull game but the performance had been exactly the same, then my answer would be the hull game.

In the position we are in, I'll take points every time.

We've had 4 years of dire football aimed at 0-0's or 1-0's

We are now having a go. Everyone would have taken 1-0 tonight. We'd take 1-0 in every game until the end of the season. Do you think we're going for 3-3 draws?

What's your point?

You seen to be of the opinion that I'd prefer it to go back to the way it was, presumably under Lambert.

I'm not for one second saying that.

Which Hull game?

But we lost that game.

So I don't know what your point is?

Are you asking me if I'd prefer tonight's draw to that defeat? Well of course I would.

If we'd somehow fluked a 1-0 win in that hull game but the performance had been exactly the same, then my answer would be the hull game.

In the position we are in, I'll take points every time.

the original point I was questioning was that a poster suggested we have gone backwards under Sherwood

I think one stat puts into perspective the monumental task Sherwood faced when he arrived and how he is doing pretty well at turning the mess he inherited around. When he arrived we had played 25 league games and scored 12 goals. In the 7 league games he has been in charge for we have scored 11 goals. I don't think the guy can be praised highly enough for turning around our fortunes in an attacking sense as we were absolutely clueless going forward.

Clearly though he hasn't yet struck a balance between attack and defense. Perhaps to expect him to do so in such a short space of time was unrealistic. Defensively he also hasn't been helped by the fact, certainly in terms of full backs, we have suffered badly injury wise and struggled to put out anything like a settled or full strength back line.

I think the rest of the season we will continue to see a very attacking approach to games and Sherwood will gamble that we can at least on two occasions outscore teams. I think we will achieve that.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

My point is that we're having a go.

Wanting to beat QPR 1-0 does not make you a member of an exclusive club.

We were down to our bear bones, with several key players missing. The game turned out to be high scoring. Just as nobody would have complained at 1-0, nobody would have complained at 4-3.

What are you moaning at? We've appointed a young, passionate, hungry manager, he's turned things around playing wise and taken us past the craving for boring 1-0 wins-We've had 4 years of that. Did you post during the last 4 years applauding this approach?

What is your point? to return to attempts to sneak 1-0's?

• Like 1

Sherwood is obviously better than Lambert, but getting Cowans and Jack Woodward in charge would be better than him.

I'm not convinced by Sherwood at all, and wouldn't be sad to see him go whether we stay up or not.

Sadly its such small margins that could relegate us - and extra 2 points would be massive at this stage.

Of course - but thats not the point......the guy knocking Sherwood was explicitly stating those two Managers brought about MASSIVE changes.

I am simply pointing out that is just not so.

FWIW I think Sherwoods approach is exactly what we need to get those crucial extra 2 or 3 points.

Pardew has 22 points from a possible 33 at Palace.  Before his arrival, they had 17 points out of a possible 60.  Surely that is indeed a MASSIVE change?

We could play it tight and try for a 1 - 0 but what happens if we go behind, The football we are playing will create alot of chances and we will win more games. The players are loving it, even CB was smiling last night, With better defending we will be fine. I know which football I prefer to watch, Sherwood is not naive or stupid, he has turned a doomed team into a happy team,we have a dreadful injury list that is forcing the team selections on him, he has created team spirit, got players firing again, In my opinion he needs congratulating not all this negativity, I love his passion and honesty, and yes it is infectious.

• Like 3

Sherwood has got us scoring goals so people point to the fact we can't keep them out to have a go. Ok I suppose it's a fact as much as its a fact and not just a coincidence that the one area we are suffering with injuries the most is.....defence! Now I know on FM you can swap your defenders and it doesn't have an effect but most people do realise in real football getting a solid defensive unit playing together on a consistent basis can only get them better. If we had our first choice fullbacks Hutton and Cissokho last night QPR don't score 3. Now I'm not saying They're world beaters but for the 2 mistakes Richardson did when Phillips got the corner and created the goal he wouldn't have out muscled Cissokho. Under PL we never threw men forward and if we conceded it was virtually game over now we are exciting to watch and with a more solid defence I think we'll be a decent team but until we get a settled one it's going to be tough.

• Like 1

I'm just worried that the new manager bounce has included home defeats to Swansea and Stoke, and a home draw with QPR. He's not going to out-tactic anyone, and he refuses to use Gil for some reason beyond me. How likely mere huff and puff is going to keep us up, I'm not sure. If he does I'll be very grateful, though I'm a bit terrified as to what his transfer policy will be, but that's for another day.

• Like 1

New manager bounce is overstated, it is just players upping their game to ensure they are picked. TS has had to come in, change the mood of the players, change the style of play create a team spirit, reinvigorate the fans and the club etc. All this whilst having the injury list from hell, I can not understand this huff and puff comment as I watched some fantastic football at times with great movement, we just have to cut out the sloppy passing and losing the ball in stupid places. I also can not understand this calling for Gill as if he is a messiah, there is obviously a reason he is not picked, one we are not aware of but if rumors of him storming off last night are true then this may be part of it.

Â