The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

See a game out ?

We were behind twice, I dont think he would have got much credit holding on to a 2-3 scoreline .

We were winning at half time and should of been able to see the game out.  Qpr made a tactical change and controlled the majority of the second half, maybe Sherwood should of reacted to this rather than bring on Cole and play the same system.  We were saved by the free kick as we created feck all in that half.

You do remember we are 17th ?.we really are not up to closing games out, especially with a defence full of injuries and half way back from injuries,

And until very recently, dont forget, we couldnt even score in the second half of games.

I will bet any money that had we shut up shop and drawn he would be slaughtered.

I don't want to knock a guy a few games in - he sees the players day in day day out - we don't. He made some brave calls tonight, a couple of them in Grealish and Richardson backfired IMO. 

Overall I wasn't encouraged by what I saw tonight - 2 moments of brilliance + 1 deflected shot from Benteke - a few surging runs from Delph - but other than, there was no pattern to our play - defensively we had players bumping into each other - failed to deal with the simplest of clearances.

1 point was disappointing - but equally the performance will need to be much better over the coming weeks if we are to survive 

yet you knock him in every thread  :lol:

Depends what you mean by knock.

I don't think he is the man to take us forward. I has consistently said if he gets us winning games I will like him - if he doesn't I wont.  - Same for any manager we employ.

3 goals is plenty to win a match

Some fans are barking up the wrong tree imo

I would hazard a guess that playing four genuine defenders, each in their correct positions, over a settled period, would work wonders for that end of the pitch.

And as far as I can see we have rapidly decreasing worries at the other end.

I was happy with how we played the game tonight.

He could of left Okore and Lowton in rather than cause complete upset in our backline. We were all over the place at the back, players running into each other and Richardson being way behind the play leading to them causing havoc down his flank. I'm sorry but Sherwood made a cock up tonight that we couldn't afford and completely back fired.

But you have no idea of their relative fitness.  Not to mention a lot of fans wanted Richardson straight back in as they thought he perfromed well when he last played until injured.

So while your alternative MIGHT be ok, it is nothing like evidence to say he 'cocked up'.

Let's give the guy a full preseason with the team and at least a transfer window before we lynch him eh?

This x 100

I find it incredible that some have written him off after 10 games. I think people forget what a mess the club was in when he took over.

It wasn't so long ago some people were saying Lambert needed 2-3 years to turn things around. Sherwood has made a marked improvement on the dross we were served up by St Paul imo.

I asked a simple question but go ahead and jump to extremes rather than answer it. Nothing new there anyway...

The way you defended Lambert for so long and are so quick to jump on his replacement shows there's little point answering your question seriously.

Yeah and I still say Lambert did a good job to keep us up for 2 seasons but this season proved too much and he lost control, the job he took on was massive and if we get through this season still in the Premier League and with new owners and a bright future he will deserve a lot of credit.  

I'd be happy for Sherwood to be given a proper shot at things here beyond this season because he could then bring in his own players that would suit his style and hopefully would have larger transfer funds than have been available since Lambert took over.  My issue is atm Sherwood is making some really dumb decisions that are costing us. It seems he can't stray away from a 442 and see a game out.  It's too one dimensional and it could be said that this has cost us 3 points by losing the late goal to Swansea and losing the second half tonight. I see positive signs in his management style but he is as inexperienced as they come and it is showing.

He is inexperienced and will make mistakes but does anyone think we were in a position to get a manger that wouldn't make any mistakes?

We've ended up with a Tim Sherwood because Lerner and Lambert have both performed poorly for the last few years.  If we didn't have Sherwood we'd have someone else in who wasn't a great manager probably making different mistakes and a section of fans would be moaning about them.

This is the situation we're in and that's not down to Sherwood or anyone else who would have taken this job in this situation.  If we get relegated then he'd have failed and played a small part behind lambert and lerner in ruining this club.  It's all about survival though and I see little point jumping on him and moaning about every little thing some think are mistakes. 

• Like 1

He just said the 'two of the back four had only trained for 4 days after being out for 6 weeks'. So he dropped Okore and Lowton and brought in Vlaar and Richardson which ultimately cost us. Can anyone justify that?

No sack him.

Not one person has said they want him sacked. Can we stop this?

• Like 1

I have had a jaundiced view of our defensive qualities for such a long time....it's not about injuries or suspensions...it's been with us for years.

Seem to recall a certain centre half falling over the ball on the half way line in an fa cup final.....not much changes.

Let's give the guy a full preseason with the team and at least a transfer window before we lynch him eh?

This x 100

I find it incredible that some have written him off after 10 games. I think people forget what a mess the club was in when he took over.

It wasn't so long ago some people were saying Lambert needed 2-3 years to turn things around. Sherwood has made a marked improvement on the dross we were served up by St Paul imo.

Lambert being the wrong man doesn't make Sherwood the right one. I wouldn't trust our board and those who make deciaions to back the winner of a one horse race.

what have tactics got to do with Richardson making 2 mistakes? We were the better team by a mile. If our tactics were so bad why did we hammer them in the first half? You can't legislate for mistakes. Vlaar played well tonight and used his experience and strength to nullify Zamora. We would normally have collapsed after going 3 2 down but we fought our way back into it and could have gone on to win it. It seems people personal opinions cloud their judgement. Sherwood has improved us and I'm confident we will stay up. It'll be tight but we will do it and that's something after Hull I didn't think I'd be able to say.

• Like 1

This x 100

Were palace in less of a mess?

West brom?

Massive improvements with average managers at the helm for those teams.

We've just got ourselves another crap manager.

What were people really expecting to happen over these 9 games he's had? Especially when you consider how atrocious it was for so long before we finally made a change.

We're winning more games, we're scoring more goals and we're playing better football.  It's far from perfect but realistically i'm not sure how much better people could expect it to be at this point.

I asked a simple question but go ahead and jump to extremes rather than answer it. Nothing new there anyway...

The way you defended Lambert for so long and are so quick to jump on his replacement shows there's little point answering your question seriously.

Yeah and I still say Lambert did a good job to keep us up for 2 seasons but this season proved too much and he lost control, the job he took on was massive and if we get through this season still in the Premier League and with new owners and a bright future he will deserve a lot of credit.  

I'd be happy for Sherwood to be given a proper shot at things here beyond this season because he could then bring in his own players that would suit his style and hopefully would have larger transfer funds than have been available since Lambert took over.  My issue is atm Sherwood is making some really dumb decisions that are costing us. It seems he can't stray away from a 442 and see a game out.  It's too one dimensional and it could be said that this has cost us 3 points by losing the late goal to Swansea and losing the second half tonight. I see positive signs in his management style but he is as inexperienced as they come and it is showing.

He is inexperienced and will make mistakes but does anyone think we were in a position to get a manger that wouldn't make any mistakes?

We've ended up with a Tim Sherwood because Lerner and Lambert have both performed poorly for the last few years.  If we didn't have Sherwood we'd have someone else in who wasn't a great manager probably making different mistakes and a section of fans would be moaning about them.

This is the situation we're in and that's not down to Sherwood or anyone else who would have taken this job in this situation.  If we get relegated then he'd have failed and played a small part behind lambert and lerner in ruining this club.  It's all about survival though and I see little point jumping on him and moaning about every little thing some think are mistakes. 

On Feb 9 Sherwood was the only feasible option - 2 questions spring to mind

The decision making that Let Lambert go on so long is highly questionable

Could a more Savvy CEO have (against all odds) plucked someone from somewhere more experienced than Sherwood - like Palace with Pardew, Saints with Pochenitti 

I will be honest I m not convinced by TS by any means - but the mess above him is more of the issue IMO

• Like 1

I have had a jaundiced view of our defensive qualities for such a long time....it's not about injuries or suspensions...it's been with us for years.

Seem to recall a certain centre half falling over the ball on the half way line in an fa cup final.....not much changes.

But even this season our defensive record is pretty much on a par with every other side outside 6 of the top 7 (our defence is equal to Spurs).

ANd that is given we have had a good deal of injuries.

Surely our problem was the other end, now, seemingly, on the way to being fixed..and its not as if the attacking approach is costing us, we have scored 10 more goals in Sherwoods 7 League games than the previous 7, and conceeded 1 less.

I'm simply criticising him for tonight not moaning about every little thing as if I was I'd be in here every other day having a go.  I agree with your analysis about Lamberts replacement and part of hiring someone as inexperienced is they are gonna make more mistakes than the average manager in most instances, if he deserves criticism then I don't see the problem some folk on here have with other folk giving it to him.

On Feb 9 Sherwood was the only feasible option - 2 questions spring to mind

The decision making that Let Lambert go on so long is highly questionable

Could a more Savvy CEO have (against all odds) plucked someone from somewhere more experienced than Sherwood - like Palace with Pardew, Saints with Pochenitti 

I will be honest I m not convinced by TS by any means - but the mess above him is more of the issue IMO

Lambert should have gone at the start of the season.  He should have gone before Xmas.

We'd have been in a much better position to hire a better manager and give them much more of a chance of keeping us up.

I think a problem with Sherwood is he struggles to read games when they go into a lull and we lose control.

I do like the way he gets us on the front foot at the start of games which was totally beyond Lambert but too many poor second halfs and subs for my liking so far....

Stoke 1-2- poor second half performance although ridiculous error by Vlaar cost us more.

West Brom 2-1- We actually created very little in that second period but got away with it.

Swansea 0-1- So/so second half but thought his subs were dodgy in that period.

Tonight- Incredibly flat second half performance, we got lucky with the free kick as we weren't creating anything beforehand. Again not sure on the subs.

• Like 1

What were people really expecting to happen over these 9 games he's had? Especially when you consider how atrocious it was for so long before we finally made a change.

We're winning more games, we're scoring more goals and we're playing better football.  It's far from perfect but realistically i'm not sure how much better people could expect it to be at this point.

its an improvement - I think 99% would agree.  Whether its enough of an improvement is open to question IMO

Â