The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

At the risk of stating the obvious, i'm finding it almost impossible to figure out what the **** Timbo was thinking in terms of substitutions. Every single game since he's joined, you almost have to have a bulldozer to move aside the frenzied posts on VillaTalk screaming for Gil during matches. Could all those Villa talk members be wrong? I don't think so.

His first game after joining Villa was the Leicester cup game. Gil allowed his man to run forward unchallenged and they scored from it. He did the same against Arsenal and I think he also did the same against either Newcastle or Stoke. I reckon that Sherwood doesn't think he can have flair players, who fail to do the dirty work, in his team.

• Like 4

At the risk of stating the obvious, i'm finding it almost impossible to figure out what the **** Timbo was thinking in terms of substitutions. Every single game since he's joined, you almost have to have a bulldozer to move aside the frenzied posts on VillaTalk screaming for Gil during matches. Could all those Villa talk members be wrong? I don't think so.

His first game after joining Villa was the Leicester cup game. Gil allowed his man to run forward unchallenged and they scored from it. He did the same against Arsenal and I think he also did the same against either Newcastle or Stoke. I reckon that Sherwood doesn't think he can have flair players, who fail to do the dirty work, in his team.

Excellent post Plastic Man.

Gil was out injured in that match, wasn't he? And all Tim did was come down to the locker room at HT. And you're faulting Gil's excellent performance during the Arsenal debacle? You're being ironic, right?

Edited by Plastic Man

I understand the clamour for Gil, but I'm not sure I agree with it.

If you watched the game today, we was losing one on one's all over the park. We were simply unable to keep the ball.

They had 3 players on us at times when we had the ball, we were lucky if we had one closing them down.

Our work rate was questionable....i would call it shadow boxing if that game was compared with the ring sport.

There was little to no commitment other than Delph to win back the ball, We never tracked runners and spent most of the game ball watching.

I'm sure some of the purists amongst us will say, its all easy to say and hard to do....granted, but we didn't even slightly attempt it.

I'm not advocating inspiration from a team Like Wimbledon in their hay day, but unless we start mixing it up a bit and stop acting like a bunch of prima donna's who have lost their form.....we are going to be dumped out of this league.

Right now we need some "doers" in the team who are going to stop us conceding silly goals.....not suggesting Rooney's was silly, it was well executed, but someone should have picked him up. 

• Like 2

12 points and 8 goals.  That's what this team achieved in the previous 20 games before Sherwood.

It was never going to be a complete turn around, but bringing sherwood in has improved us and I think he will do enough to keep us up this year.

Would any other manager play Weimann, Cole over Gil. Or even Grealish, im doubting it. If he didn't fit into Sherwoods system, surely he has now had enough time to coach Gil to a level or position he wants him to play, he is more than capable to change. To bring play Weimann and today Cole in front of Gil deserves questioning.

We have lost all 4 games that Gill has started.  He's played well and looks very good but he is not Benteke from 2 years ago.  I don't think he's the sole difference between winning and losing.

Cole is not the answer and it definately ain't Weimann. If we lose to QPR without playing Gil he will have alot to answer for. If we lose without playing Weimann, will anyone give a f***!!

There are 2 games where GIll could have made a difference.  Newcastle and Swansea.  I doubt him playing would have changed the result today.  Against Stoke he was poor and we won the other games.  So 2 games where he may have made a difference or may have not.  Hardly worth losing your shit over.  There's people who have already turned on the manager because he hasn't played GIll. It's ridiculous.

Too much fuss about Gil around here. He is a promising player, but more than him we need Cleverley and Sinclair back. Gil has to do what he has to do to play. Whatever it is.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 2

Gil was out injured in that match, wasn't he? And all Tim did was come down to the locker room at HT. And you're faulting Gil's excellent performance during the Arsenal debacle? You're being ironic, right?

You're right, Gil didn't take part in the Leicester game. I was getting confused with earlier games.

I like Gil and not saying he shouldn't be playing. Actually, I was surprised he didn't get on in the Sunderland away game.

I called it in his first appearance against Bournemouth when he didn't track back and they nearly scored. I said he would get caught out unless he was played in a position whereby he wouldn't have to do that kind of work. I just think that's the reason for Sherwood not picking him as he would need to track back if he was playing on the wing.

• Like 1

Strange team selections for me, Sherwood can't be that naive to think he can play 4-4-2 every game surely. On current form Man. United have one of the best midfields in the league with Fellani, Herrera and Mata all in great form.

Delph and Sanchez defending against that was never going to stand a chance and 23% possession reflected that.

We have lost all 4 games that Gill has started.  He's played well and looks very good but he is not Benteke from 2 years ago.  I don't think he's the sole difference between winning and losing.

Well, no. But the people calling for him as a sub weren't saying, "Put him in, he'll win the match for us." He has an undeniable spark and we weren't scoring.

There was little to no commitment other than Delph to win back the ball, We never tracked runners and spent most of the game ball watching.

Good post; I had a little trouble seeing the game today but wasn't Gabby being a pretty good pest, too? He seemed to be working really hard.

Hardly worth losing your shit over.  There's people who have already turned on the manager because he hasn't played GIll. It's ridiculous.

I agree but I think you're misreading the reaction. People were puzzled by the subs today. It was doubly frustrating because "the new ManU" wasn't scoring much. It seemed like we actually had a chance if we just had that little extra cutting edge. Then these subs that didn't seem logical. Losing one's shit is an obligation once in a while when things don't go one's way in such a situation. 

Edited by Plastic Man

Strange team selections for me, Sherwood can't be that naive to think he can play 4-4-2 every game surely. On current form Man. United have one of the best midfields in the league with Fellani, Herrera and Mata all in great form.

Delph and Sanchez defending against that was never going to stand a chance and 23% possession reflected that.

I'm sure Westwood would have played today had he not pulled out due to an injury yesterday

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â