The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

If we do actually go down, does sherwood have any experience of a championship?  Is anyone convinced he'll be the man to bring us back up again?

I don't think for one minute we'll bounce straight back up, and I'm kind of thinking we'd need to find the right manager for that league if were going to.  Puts this whole mess into real perspective when it really starts to dawn on you.

Sherwood has the vast vast majority of fans' backing.

And he needs it! Now is not the time to be questioning this appointment, get behind him and the boys during the remaining games.
I said this enough times when the 'back the lads' mantra was previously rolled out but what does it matter? Unless either Sherwood personally reads this thread or Steveo is going to games and booing from minute one, then there is no reason to suppress any skepticism.
Why would I boo?

Sherwood has the vast vast majority of fans' backing.

And he needs it! Now is not the time to be questioning this appointment, get behind him and the boys during the remaining games.

I said this enough times when the 'back the lads' mantra was previously rolled out but what does it matter? Unless either Sherwood personally reads this thread or Steveo is going to games and booing from minute one, then there is no reason to suppress any skepticism.

I think anti-manager posts on messageboards will tend to bring the banners out early if there are enough of them. But I have no evidence to back this up.

Funny how Lambert's squad was "too good to go down", i.e. he was managing them poorly.

But now they're suddenly really poor and nothing anyone can do can make them play well.

I would say that sounds like excuses, but I know they're frowned upon so it can't be.

Lambert put them together. He wasted the little money he was given IMO and failed to address out key failure of CM since Petrov retired and before that Barry left.

I expected nothing less of Sherwood to be honest. Not sure whether that's excusing him or not. He could well be proved to be out if his depth and the wrong appointment yet.

He did put them together.

But the consensus when Lambert was here was that it was a good squad, therefore Lambert must be a crap manager because they're being managed so badly this season.

Now the same people seem to be saying the reason Sherwood hasn't done well so far is because the squad is so bad.

Which is it?

Neither. It's not that black and white. You can't write off a manager after two games regardless, that's **** ridiculous. ESPECIALLY considering the shit he was left with. Edit - by that I don't mean their general ability, of course they are better than this (they can't not be) but I think some people still underestimate just how bad things had gotten. Lambert has bought this team to it's knees with the switch to that tippy tappy shite. If we are relegated I put the vast majority of the blame on that moment of complete madness.

Anyway...

We need a win so bad right now. We are still not out of this.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Funny how Lambert's squad was "too good to go down", i.e. he was managing them poorly.

But now they're suddenly really poor and nothing anyone can do can make them play well.

I would say that sounds like excuses, but I know they're frowned upon so it can't be.

Lambert put them together. He wasted the little money he was given IMO and failed to address out key failure of CM since Petrov retired and before that Barry left.

I expected nothing less of Sherwood to be honest. Not sure whether that's excusing him or not. He could well be proved to be out if his depth and the wrong appointment yet.

But the consensus when Lambert was here was that it was a good squad, therefore Lambert must be a crap manager because they're being managed so badly this season.

Now the same people seem to be saying the reason Sherwood hasn't done well so far is because the squad is so bad.

Which is it?

Neither. It's not that black and white. You can't write off a manager after two games regardless, that's **** ridiculous. ESPECIALLY considering the shit he was left with.

As I've already explained, I haven't written off the manager, at all.

In fact my opinion on Sherwood doesn't come into the point I was making whatsoever.

• Like 1

Tim sherwood has now come in to rescue us after all those years of demise....no transfer window and 13 games....2gone 11 to go.

Best of luck Tim, you need as much support as possible.

Spot on my friend. Spot on.

Tim Sherwood deserves to be given some slack and our full support. He has unfortunately inherited a very difficult situation due in part to his predecessor being given way too much slack and retaining support for way too long, by me included.

It was highly optimistic and perhaps unrealistic to think he could quickly turn around a side that had been used to very negative tactics, whose first thought was a defensive one, had all the attacking intent drilled out of it and was prone to defensive errors.

What I have seen in the first two games under Sherwood is an improvement game on game, plenty of attacking intent and plenty of heart and desire. I genuinely believe that improvement will continue and that he will come up with the right personnel in the formation that gets the best out of them. Whether he can do that in time to keep us up is up for debate but in his quest to do so he will get my full backing.

If were relegated - do we stick with him ?

Yes his direct tempo style of football will do well down there

Although i'd rather us stay up rather than go down first :)

I think anti-manager posts on messageboards will tend to bring the banners out early if there are enough of them. But I have no evidence to back this up.

I'd say forums are simply a microcosm of the general mood of fans rather than having the capacity to significantly influence the mood. If anything, social media sites have a greater coverage and are the platform used to organise protests, banners, chants etc.

Edited by Isa

I'd say forums are simply a microcosm of the general mood of fans rather than having the capacity to significantly influence the mood. If anything, social media sites have a greater coverage and the platform used to organise protests, banners, chants etc.

In my experience, forums are entirely more negative than the fan base in general.

• Like 1

If we do actually go down, does sherwood have any experience of a championship?  Is anyone convinced he'll be the man to bring us back up again?

I don't think for one minute we'll bounce straight back up, and I'm kind of thinking we'd need to find the right manager for that league if were going to.  Puts this whole mess into real perspective when it really starts to dawn on you.

Well Chris Hughton is a decent example of someone coming in when a side is relegated with at the time little experience and getting them straight back up again. Its a small crumb of comfort when you are trying to get to sleep tonight.

Which is it?

Neither. It's not that black and white. You can't write off a manager after two games regardless, that's **** ridiculous. ESPECIALLY considering the shit he was left with. Edit - by that I don't mean their general ability, of course they are better than this (they can't not be) but I think some people still underestimate just how bad things had gotten. Lambert has bought this team to it's knees with the switch to that tippy tappy shite. If we are relegated I put the vast majority of the blame on that moment of complete madness.

Anyway...

We need a win so bad right now. We are still not out of this.

it was less than 2 for Mcleish ;)

I like his match comments afterward, all seemed fair and made sense.

But... the reason the team we're getting the ball forward is because he's told them to play at 100% constantly. It isn't pretty and it's panic inducing.

We're booting it a hell of a lot and I don't like it. Damning of Aston Villa that that is one of our better games recently. Get Gil on the pitch and let's try mixing some passing play in with getting it forward quickly.

Benteke was better but still not great, can't stand him loitering offside and throwing his arms up constantly when he's playing so badly.

Terrible, terrible subs today.

We can stay up. We are good enough. Composure and belief can save us.

Edited by Tomaszk

It's okay as long as Sherwood can keep us up that is the main thing, after all he is only a stop gap replacement until June thankfully.

Do believe that you know something we don't?

Gabby has a place on this team but it's on the wing he was out wide today a lot which helped defenders drag away from Benteke. Gabby still has blistering pace I thought it was very odd he was replaced by Weimann and wasn't at all surprised we didn't create another chance for the rest of the match!

As for Bacuna, probably hasn't got the engine. Would you choose someone who can run 12k in a match vs someone who can run 6k? 

I'd go:

-------------------BACK 4-------------------

Lowton---Delph-----Westwood-----Gabby

--------------------Gill----------------------

------------------Benteke------------------

Look up our scoring ratio when Lowton is in the team compared to when he isn't. It's MUCH higher than the team average. Him and Gabby can both help the team defensively when required.

What's Gabby good at? Running fast.

What's he not good at? Interplay and finishing.

So why play him right next to Benteke in a 4-4-2? That's what we had been doing and he literally has been anonymous. Gabby is also capable of something close to a half decent cross unlike our useless wingbacks.

Edited by supernova26

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â