The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I'd be interested to see how many CV's Fox received for the job because if Sherwood with 28 games in charge of a club was the best candidate I can only imagine he was also the only applicant ....

I'm wondering if there was any applicants at all, if the position was ever even open.  From the time of sacking Lambert, and getting a new manager in...surely the vacancy couldn't have been open long enough for people to actually apply?

It's something that gives me a glimmer of hope, that there was maybe some greater plan that we're not aware of to all this.

"unbelievable" levels of interest, according to our CEO

I fired off a letter and my CV but apparently I was too ambitious.

• Like 2

I'd be interested to see how many CV's Fox received for the job because if Sherwood with 28 games in charge of a club was the best candidate I can only imagine he was also the only applicant ....

I'm wondering if there was any applicants at all, if the position was ever even open.  From the time of sacking Lambert, and getting a new manager in...surely the vacancy couldn't have been open long enough for people to actually apply?

It's something that gives me a glimmer of hope, that there was maybe some greater plan that we're not aware of to all this.

I think Tom Fox is very comfortable in front of a reporter and will say whatever he wants to make Aston Villa appear in a more positive light.

This could have been the truth, but it depends on what you'd consider "unbelievable" levels.

• Like 1

I think Tom Fox is very comfortable in front of a reporter and will say whatever he wants to make Aston Villa appear in a more positive light.

This could have been the truth, but it depends on what you'd consider "unbelievable" levels.

About 2 - 3 max I'd say! and one of them was a VT'er and the other Doris the Tea Lady at BMH.  :P

No reporters were present afaik

We really need to win Saturday.

I'd be very happy with just one point away at Newcastle.

I'd definitely take only our second point of 2015 yes. I was thinking more from a support angle, you can already sense a shift ready to happen at any moment, either way.

Same.

I'd take the point, but we could really do with winning.

Not even for the points. Id almost sacrifice the points just to have a win for confidence (almost ;) )

We really need to win Saturday.

I'd be very happy with just one point away at Newcastle.
I'd definitely take only our second point of 2015 yes. I was thinking more from a support angle, you can already sense a shift ready to happen at any moment, either way.

Same.

I'd take the point, but we could really do with winning.

Not even for the points. Id almost sacrifice the points just to have a win for confidence (almost ;) )

Give me a performance and a win and I agree!

There were boos at the end of the game last Saturday. I *understand* it, but it's wrong. It's too late for boos.

Sherwood was lined up weeks before Lambert got sacked "apparently"

So i doubt nobody else was even considered

If that is true then it makes the delay in sacking Lambert even more disgraceful. I am sure Sherwood would have loved a transfer window.

I still can't believe he went 4-4-2 against Stoke. 

Football isn't really that difficult. Sticking your 4 average midfielders against their 5 average midfielders will generally result in your midfield being overrun. 

The early signs of Sherwood don't look good, i'm not shouting "Sherwood Out" or anything, it was just a baffling decision. 

Of course it's 'difficult', it's a zero-sum game. 

A tad short sighted. Not what I would expect from a club looking to the future.

The

Unbelievable lack of interest

I'm wondering if there was any applicants at all, if the position was ever even open. From the time of sacking Lambert, and getting a new manager in...surely the vacancy couldn't have been open long enough for people to actually apply?

Just doesn't seem to stack up time wise. But I guess in the world of moneyball, agencies probably have made to go CVS of all kinds...

If he was lined up weeks before....how come his coaching team weren't lined up with him. I don't believe we were even considering changing the manager until after the hull game

• Like 1

If he was lined up weeks before....how come his coaching team weren't lined up with him. I don't believe we were even considering changing the manager until after the hull game

Another reason why I completely ignore anything that comes with an 'apparently'!

It's hard to be optimistic, the performance against Stoke was so awful, cept for maybe Sinclair.

you just have to hope that Sheer Wood has had enough time on the training ground to at least assess what/who works and what doesn't even if he can't really expect to improve the misfiring players yet.

at the moment even though points are what we need, you'd probably take 'any signs of improvement' any 'seeds of hope that suggests something can change' doesn't mean it will be enough to survive. 

Every season I have been a Villa fan, you always have moments where players show some sort of form however brief, or luck goes with us.

This season we have had crap players being dreadful, mediocre players being crap and our good players being mediocre. Add to that ridiculous refereeing and red cards, and the sort of luck that will ensure any clearance, shot or 50/50 rebound will end up in our net or at the feet of the opposition. Sheer law of averages and betting odds alone has to dictate that some of our players find some kind of form.

We usually unite with criticism being specific, criticism that changes game to game.

'if only our defence could defend set pieces'

'if only our midfield could score goals or set up goals'

'if only our strikers could score'

'If only we could take good set pieces'

Whereas this season its a collective statement:

'if only any player, tactics, coaching, management.... in fact any aspect of our team could achieve/excel in any single thing they are paid to do'

This season we have had crap players being dreadful, mediocre players being crap and our good players being mediocre.

Great way of saying what I usually use about 100 words too many trying to get at.

Although thinking about it I should personally add 'underrated players proving me wrong' just for Hutton.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â