The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I think the whole notion that Lambert has left the squad mentally scarred is completely overplayed. The way some people go on you'd think that he used to threaten violence against them if they dared to attack or something and now they need counseling to get over their conditioning. We just need a win to get some confidence back.

I think the whole notion that Lambert has left the squad mentally scarred is completely overplayed. The way some people go on you'd think that he used to threaten violence against them if they dared to attack or something and now they need counseling to get over their conditioning. We just need a win to get some confidence back.

Perhaps a better understanding of the human psyche is required. Physical violence is not the only thing that impacts on the mind.

• Like 1

Perhaps a better understanding of the human psyche is required. Physical violence is not the only thing that impacts on the mind.

That's why I said 'we just need a win to get some confidence back'.

Blaming the so called mental state Lambert left them in, is just making excuses in my opinion.

Edited by useless

Blaming the so called mental state Lambert left them in, is just making excuses in my opinion.

We'll get them to pop some pills.  :)

• Like 1

We'll get them to pop some pills.  :)

Our confidence is shot because of Lambert our play has been awful for a long time and that is a mixture of bad coaching and confidence slowly ebbing away. Saying we need a win to get some back is easy but we need to show more than just confidence. We need desire and to show more fight than what we are now. Hopefully that's what Sherwood can instill first up then we'll get the win to try to get confidence back. Benteke being a prime example he's work rate is down because of his confidence being low but if we get him to put a shift in he might get a lucky goal and go from there. Big week ahead we need to go undefeated.

• Like 1

For crying out loud,give him a chance,he has only been in charge a week.Its not like he knows all the players and what they are/are not capable of.

I thought we played better on saturday than we usually do.We created chances and I got the impression we were actually trying to score more than 1 goal ( for a change )The way I saw it was that we already improved about 60%.

Not sure who your comment is aimed at but I don't see anyone on here not giving him a chance. For me whoever is in charge hasn't got the luxury of spending a month getting to know the players whilst our results continue to be poor. Tim Sherwood is in the unenvious position of having to get positive results out of most of our 12 remaining games and then and only then will he have sufficient time to really get to know the players. Some hard love is required.

Indeed, we're hardly in the position to allow him a 'bedding in' period, we need instant results, if he can't deliver that then he's simply the wrong person for the job. 

Not sure he is the wrong person for the job even if he fails to keep us up as he is on a hiding to nothing.

Of course he is.

It wasn't/isn't impossible to keep us up from where we were when lambert was sacked.

If Sherwood doesn't do it then he was the wrong appointment. That's not his fault if that happens (fwiw I think he's got a good chance of keeping us up). But it will absolutely mean he was the wrong appointment.

Each to their own opinion.

I just happen to think that this bunch of players have been coached extremely poorly and have had a losing mentality instilled into them by a manager who was way out of his depth and have seen assistant managers and coaches come and go and because of the lateness of the change of manager it would be very hard for even the best in the world.

Tim Sherwood could be considered either brave or stupid to take on this role as his first real managerial job but I for one won't say that he is the wrong appointment if we go down. He may well be the right appointment but at the wrong time (it should have happened months ago if not sooner).

If anyone was the wrong appointment it was the previous guy and he was cut so much slack by so many over 2 and a half years and that is one big reason why we are in the mess we are in.

Tim Sherwood should be pretty bullet proof for the next 12 games as he has inherited some absolute garbage.

So basically what you're saying is that if Sherwood doesn't keep us up, then no manager in the world that we could have appointed would have kept us up.

That's fine if that's your opinion, but it's a pretty far fetched one imo.

For crying out loud,give him a chance,he has only been in charge a week.Its not like he knows all the players and what they are/are not capable of.

I thought we played better on saturday than we usually do.We created chances and I got the impression we were actually trying to score more than 1 goal ( for a change )The way I saw it was that we already improved about 60%.

Not sure who your comment is aimed at but I don't see anyone on here not giving him a chance. For me whoever is in charge hasn't got the luxury of spending a month getting to know the players whilst our results continue to be poor. Tim Sherwood is in the unenvious position of having to get positive results out of most of our 12 remaining games and then and only then will he have sufficient time to really get to know the players. Some hard love is required.

Indeed, we're hardly in the position to allow him a 'bedding in' period, we need instant results, if he can't deliver that then he's simply the wrong person for the job. 

Not sure he is the wrong person for the job even if he fails to keep us up as he is on a hiding to nothing.

Of course he is.

It wasn't/isn't impossible to keep us up from where we were when lambert was sacked.

If Sherwood doesn't do it then he was the wrong appointment. That's not his fault if that happens (fwiw I think he's got a good chance of keeping us up). But it will absolutely mean he was the wrong appointment.

I just happen to think that this bunch of players have been coached extremely poorly and have had a losing mentality instilled into them by a manager who was way out of his depth and have seen assistant managers and coaches come and go and because of the lateness of the change of manager it would be very hard for even the best in the world.

Tim Sherwood could be considered either brave or stupid to take on this role as his first real managerial job but I for one won't say that he is the wrong appointment if we go down. He may well be the right appointment but at the wrong time (it should have happened months ago if not sooner).

If anyone was the wrong appointment it was the previous guy and he was cut so much slack by so many over 2 and a half years and that is one big reason why we are in the mess we are in.

Tim Sherwood should be pretty bullet proof for the next 12 games as he has inherited some absolute garbage.

So basically what you're saying is that if Sherwood doesn't keep us up, then no manager in the world that we could have appointed would have kept us up.

What I would have is the same tolerance and understanding towards any manager that came in with 12 games to go and with no transfer window to utilise. If we go down I shall not be chastising Sherwood.

• Like 2

Of course he is.

What I would have is the same tolerance and understanding towards any manager that came in with 12 games to go and with no transfer window to utilise. If we go down I shall not be chastising Sherwood.

Nor will I.

I SPECIFICALLY said that I wouldn't be (I've bolded it above)

What I will be doing is criticising the appointment of Sherwood.

The key thing is it was not and is not impossible to keep us up from the position Lambert left us in.

If you agree with that opinion (and it's fine if you don't even though I think that's crazy) then I can't see how you could say that Sherwood wasn't the wrong appointment IF we get relegated.

Again, I think there is a good chance that won't happen as I think Sherwood has enough to keep us up. But if he doesn't, then by definition he was the wrong person for the job.

Edited by Stevo985

If we go down whether or not it will be Sherwood's fault will depend to some degree on how it happens. He certainly wasn't left with mission impossible, we were in the relegation zone on goal difference only, with 12 games to go, when he was appointed.

Edited by useless

I don't want this to turn into us slagging off Sherwood. That wasn't my intention.

As above I think he can keep us up.

But if he doesn't, then he was the wrong man for the job.

But we're discussing something that hasn't happened yet.

I don't want this to turn into us slagging off Sherwood. That wasn't my intention.

Don't worry, it won't.  :)

I don't think he can keep us up , which makes him the wrong man for the job  ... the only counter argument would be  "could anyone have kept us up"  ... which can't really ever be answered ,( I'm sure Jose would have kept us up , but we will never know or sure)

I'd be interested to see how many CV's Fox received for the job because if Sherwood with 28 games in charge of a club was the best candidate I can only imagine he was also the only applicant ....

• Like 1

I think we'll go down, but I hope we don't - obviously.

If Sherwood can motivate the first 11, he'll have saved us as I think we could win a couple of more games.

I think we could survive on as little as 33 points this year.. which is awful :lol:

Absolutely, of all the excuses...this is the poorest I've heard fabricated to date.

I'd be interested to see how many CV's Fox received for the job because if Sherwood with 28 games in charge of a club was the best candidate I can only imagine he was also the only applicant ....

I'm wondering if there was any applicants at all, if the position was ever even open.  From the time of sacking Lambert, and getting a new manager in...surely the vacancy couldn't have been open long enough for people to actually apply?

It's something that gives me a glimmer of hope, that there was maybe some greater plan that we're not aware of to all this.

I'm wondering if there was any applicants at all, if the position was ever even open.  From the time of sacking Lambert, and getting a new manager in...surely the vacancy couldn't have been open long enough for people to actually apply?

It's something that gives me a glimmer of hope, that there was maybe some greater plan that we're not aware of to all this.

"unbelievable" levels of interest, according to our CEO

Â