The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

There are days when certain things just don't go right for players.....There are other days when their form is just not quite there....There are days when they are carrying a knock or under the weather and its not quite happening.

When you have been watching football as long as some of us....you then get to see this dark depressing scenario of players not looking interested or look like they have never played with their team mates before and don't know where to run.

I have a really dark feeling over some of our players.

Maybe your dark feeling has merit, I just hope then that our new manager will identify the black sheeps of our team and put someone in who is willing.  At least, if we have to go down, I want to see us put up a fight and I'd sooner he put in those players that will give it there all.

Newcastle game is his chance to reflect on who isn't willing, and change it up...it will be telling like I say.

There are days when certain things just don't go right for players.....There are other days when their form is just not quite there....There are days when they are carrying a knock or under the weather and its not quite happening.

When you have been watching football as long as some of us....you then get to see this dark depressing scenario of players not looking interested or look like they have never played with their team mates before and don't know where to run.

Maybe your dark feeling has merit, I just hope then that our new manager will identify the black sheeps of our team and put someone in who is willing.  At least, if we have to go down, I want to see us put up a fight and I'd sooner he put in those players that will give it there all.

Newcastle game is his chance to reflect on who isn't willing, and change it up...it will be telling like I say.

I absolutely agree....if we are going to go, go down fighting.....if we can muster 11 willing to fight, irrespective of their experience.

...Seems I have that totally wrong, and he's been there since beginning of January.  Goes to show my memory is great huh.

Anyway, you would say their form has picked up...I know a baggies fan who is pretty happy with how they've been performing.  Talking of the quick impact of a new manager.

I absolutely agree....if we are going to go, go down fighting.....if we can muster 11 willing to fight, irrespective of their experience.

And if he can do that, I think we have a chance...our run is pretty favorable and scrappy performances of the remainder of games can easily pick up enough points.  All eyes on the next game!

After reading what Sherwood says into Tonights/tomorrow's Birmingham Mail he saying what I believe or maybe hope is true. That we have good players just that they're not firing on the pitch. Hopefully a full week of training can rectify some of our problems but I think the main one confidence will only come with results and decent performances.

After reading what Sherwood says into Tonights/tomorrow's Birmingham Mail he saying what I believe or maybe hope is true. That we have good players just that they're not firing on the pitch. Hopefully a full week of training can rectify some of our problems but I think the main one confidence will only come with results and decent performances.

confidence will come from commitment/application.

Edited by TRO

...Seems I have that totally wrong, and he's been there since beginning of January. Goes to show my memory is great huh.

Anyway, you would say their form has picked up...I know a baggies fan who is pretty happy with how they've been performing. Talking of the quick impact of a new manager.

Pulis gets all his points at home though. Always has. Let's hope we can make the most of that.

Pulis gets all his points at home though. Always has. Let's hope we can make the most of that.

I can think of one exception from last season, however...

Aston Villa: Fixtures

Thu 26 Dec  2013 15:00   H   Crystal Palace     PREM   L 0-1   37,752  

Edited by briny_ear

...Seems I have that totally wrong, and he's been there since beginning of January.  Goes to show my memory is great huh.

Anyway, you would say their form has picked up...I know a baggies fan who is pretty happy with how they've been performing.  Talking of the quick impact of a new manager.

Pullis has a blueprint, which always seems to drag clubs out of the mire and away from the relegation zone, he's a very experienced bloke, knows what he does works - and applies that blue print wherever he goes.  TS doesn't yet have such a blueprint... he's still designing it ! - we have to just hope one way or another he comes up with a style of play that works with the current crop of players. I am pretty sure he can motivate the players,  - whether he has the where with all to mold a team out of what we have -Im not so sure

I can think of one exception from last season, however...

Aston Villa: Fixtures

Thu 26 Dec 2013 15:00 H Crystal Palace PREM L 0-1 37,752

Yeah well anyone with crap away form can rectify it at Villa Park. Just reckon he have more chance at home.

hmmmm...

http://www.myoldmansaid.com/possible-aston-villa-dressing-room-leak-cause-of-concern/

Leak

On Friday evening both the Daily Telegraph and Daily Mail ran stories that both Ashley Westwood and Tom Cleverley had been dropped by Tim Sherwood for his first fixture as Aston Villa boss. It seemed odd that the manager would want that to be public knowledge.

Villa midfielders being dropped is hardly newsworthy given their responsibility for Villa’s demise in recent seasons, in fact you could drop any of them (including Delph) and MOMS wouldn’t bat an eyelid. But the thing is no manager would want to give the opposition any tactical advantage with insight into the team he was planning on playing.

In this case, if Stoke boss Mark Hughes knew Westwood and Cleverley would be out, it was a clear indication that Sherwood would be going for a more attacking formation with only Delph and Sanchez likely to start in the middle of the park with other players likely to be selected to give Villa width (Gil, Sinclair etc).

Villa Mole?

How did the press know?

Well, sometimes you can look at the training pictures and see who’s wearing those fluorescent bibs in any 11 vs 11 set ups. It can sometimes provide a clue, if the club staff member handling the sign-off on the pics has been naive in the shots they’ve released. But for a journalist this would be no more than a hunch to build a story around.

Another possibility is that the manager actually leaked the information to get a reaction from a player, i.e. to put a rocket up the player’s backside. But why would you do it in your first week in charge? It’s not exactly a great way to make friends and influence players, before you’ve really got to know what makes them tick. it could potentially ruin a player’s will to play for you, which isn’t ideal for the relegation battle ahead. Also, in the case of Cleverley, why would you do it? Sherwood had witnessed perhaps the midfielder’s best performance in a Villa shirt in the Leicester FA Cup game.

It’s more likely that a player leaked the information. A clue to information in the press being legit is when two newspapers release the story with minutes of each other as the Telegraph and Mail did. In normally means there’s a mutual agreement.

Could it be  Westwood? Unlikely. Maybe it was Cleverley, who is perhaps increasingly frustrated at his host club? Maybe Sherwood’s brash character has already rubbed some players up the wrong way?

Whatever the reason for the leak, it’s not a great sign that it happened for the first match of the new Villa manager’s reign.

Unprofessional

If you don’t want to get relegated, you really need to be operating as a Premier League club from top to bottom. If it’s the new manager’s first match in charge, better not mess up the teamsheet to embarrass him…oh, hang on a minute…

Talk about double-whammy. Not only was the Villa captain of the early 1990’s Kevin Richardson listed instead of Villa’s current utility player Kieran Richardson, but also there was some particularly fishy spelling of Carles Gil’s name.

In short, it’s not good enough.

Leaks and embarrassing presentation; it’s about time the club got their house in order and started acting like a professional Premier League club on and off the pitch, because if they don’t soon, in 12 games time, such a status will be a mere memory.
  • Like 1

I think the leak was probably Sherwood.

There were leaks all over the place when he was at Spurs. His first game in charge here and there's a leak. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Both Westwood and Cleverley have been dropped before and there's been nothing said.

We'll have to get used to this with Tim as manager I think.

I think the leak was probably Sherwood.

There were leaks all over the place when he was at Spurs. His first game in charge here and there's a leak. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Both Westwood and Cleverley have been dropped before and there's been nothing said.

We'll have to get used to this with Tim as manager I think.

I read something like this and I wonder whether we are already perpetuating a potential rift between the manager and the fan base that is not necessary. Sherwood, like Lambert before him, will sink or swim on his own merit. We don't need to start nudging him already.

You're entitled to your opinion obviously, I'm just concerned as I said about what it might lead to. Mistrust is not a good place to begin.

Â