The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Set pieces.

I'm hoping he sorts this out or atleast attempts to sort this out. The amount of negligence from past and present managers on this is a crime.

For a team that is absolutely hopeless at scoring goals from open play surely i'm not the only one who can see set pieces as an opportunity for more goals.

If we can't put a decent corner in, play it short and work out a couple of routines on the training ground.

Basics.

I really question the players if they can't even get a decent corner in. They are all capable, even I could do it........... in my younger years ofcourse.

Inexperienced manager makes rookie mistakes which leads to a woeful display from his team, bad starting line up, bad subs and bad tactics. He takes the blame for that.

What a surprise.

What's the surprise?  I'm lost :(

Set pieces.

I'm hoping he sorts this out or atleast attempts to sort this out. The amount of negligence from past and present managers on this is a crime.

For a team that is absolutely hopeless at scoring goals from open play surely i'm not the only one who can see set pieces as an opportunity for more goals.

If we can't put a decent corner in, play it short and work out a couple of routines on the training ground.

Basics.

I really question the players if they can't even get a decent corner in. They are all capable, even I could do it........... in my younger years ofcourse.

I'd just straight toe the ball up and into the box. My 6th grade 1983 era American style corner technique  :)

Inexperienced manager makes rookie mistakes which leads to a woeful display from his team, bad starting line up, bad subs and bad tactics. He takes the blame for that.

What a surprise.

What's the surprise? I'm lost :(

I could have predicted a few names who would come and be extra critical of Sherwood straight after.

• Like 1

Set pieces.

Basics.

I've said this before about Lambert. When we're struggling to score from open play you'd expect to see some creativity and inventiveness from set pieces - but they're always the same.

We need to be seeing some routines developed on the training ground, as we fashioned 1 chance from 11 corners today.

What a surprise.

We obviously need Lambert or McLeish's experience??

I won't blame Sherwood if he doesn't get things working here, I'll more so blame the clowns who employed him. An experienced manager would of had a totally different approach to that game especially when we had a one goal lead, 2 shots in the whole game ffs.

• Like 2

"I am bitterly disappointed. I didn't think we deserved to lose the game but we didn't do enough to win it. We have to go and do a job and forget any anxiety.

"It will be a work in progress, there is a lot of work to be done and I've told the lads that. We have to brave and get on the ball.

"There is no point in me getting a big stick out and banging them on the head with it. It is about me getting the best out of them for the remaining games.

"We will improve. It is a very short amount of time to get instructions into them but we will get better and we need to keep this great club in the Premier League. We are not thinking about going down."

Is criticism of the manager not allowed?

I don't even think it would be his fault if we went down, but he isn't completely immune from criticism. 

"I am bitterly disappointed. I didn't think we deserved to lose the game but we didn't do enough to win it. We have to go and do a job and forget any anxiety.

"It will be a work in progress, there is a lot of work to be done and I've told the lads that. We have to brave and get on the ball.

"There is no point in me getting a big stick out and banging them on the head with it. It is about me getting the best out of them for the remaining games.

"We will improve. It is a very short amount of time to get instructions into them but we will get better and we need to keep this great club in the Premier League. We are not thinking about going down."

So close to 'we have to go again' :D

• Like 3

What a surprise.

What's the surprise? I'm lost :(

I could have predicted a few names who would come and be extra critical of Sherwood straight after.

Ah right.  I think it's fair enough to be critical of Sherwood and the players.  It's not a "SHERWOOD OUT!" campaign :D

I actually think his starting line-up etc was fine.  We were being more attacking.  The Gil substitution was just wrong - well, in terms of bringing on Weimann.  Should've been Westwood or someone who could hold the ball in midfield.  For me, that's the only major thing that was wrong, but it was a sizeable error.  Stoke completely dominated after that.

Not a great start, but not surprising.  Sherwood's overhaul is going to have to happen over weeks, not days.

If it takes weeks then it follows that'll it be more like years because if the impact isn't instant then we'll be relegated.

Was expecting a bit more considering the new manager bounce, what we got was 20 minutes of looking more promising and 70 minutes of the same turgid shit we've had for the last 5 months.

Severely depressing day again.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â