The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Does Sherwood have his Pro License yet?

Did we just appoint a man not qualified (in the most basic sense) for the job?

I believe he Is in the final stages of getting his A license.

Not that having these qualifications mean anything at all.

i guess not.

regardless of qualifications, i don't like him, i don't trust him, and i don't want him at this club.

bah. i've got drinking & self-pitying to do.

Absolutely thrilled by this appointment

Welcome Tim

Captained a team to an unexpected PLT in 95 so knows what it takes to win against the odds

Also don't underestimate his working knowledge of how the current youth structure in the English game is stacked - who's decent... Who's available and when... Especially within the top tier (Chelsea have a 70 strong youth setup)

Also it's easier to motivate and coach younger players. Think how motivated this guy is compared to some of the old hacks - I'm afraid looking at the likes of big Sams tired pained expressions would hardly inspire me...

But in reality completely understand the difference of opinions on here after how things have unfortunately panned out.

If he keeps us up it will be no mean feat and who knows maybe with the new sky deal and TF's focus on selling the brand we may yet see a revival in RL's enthusiasm and a more balanced allocation of funds - something similar to the Stoke model ?

Listen - the guys here, for how long who knows...

We'll all be here long after that's for sure but I'm going to really get behind him

UTV

Very good post mate. You should post more often.

• Like 2

Well i am quite excited to see what he brings, he looks like he has a burning inner passion which is something that's been severely lacking around these parts for far too long. This club is not just asleep it's practically in a coma and it needs someone with massive energy to kick it up the arse and wake it up for once and i do see that quality in Tim. 

If you'd asked me last week I'd have told you I didn't care who we got as long as we changed. The club desperately needed it.

Sherwood did pretty well at Spurs as far as I can tell, and I have no reason to believe he can't get our players playing well. I'm happy with the appointment.

Does Sherwood have his Pro License yet?

Did we just appoint a man not qualified (in the most basic sense) for the job?

From this article written by Sherwood in October:

I am on the same Uefa Pro License course as Swansea manager Garry Monk and we have discussed Tom [Carroll].

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/tim-sherwood-people-knock-young-english-footballers-but-the-under21s-showed-theres-talent-here-they-just-need-to-be-given-a-chance-9802904.html

I'm full expecting (probably wrongly) us to look a completely different side within a few weeks TBH. I liked Paul, he seemed a really good guy, but he didn't seem to know what the hell he was doing in setting up a team. We don't need a miracle to stay up, just a bit of common sense, clear roles for players, and deploying guys in their actual position. Any new manager, Sherwood or otherwise, would be incredibly likely to set that down as the absolute base for the remainder of the season. Beyond this year, I have no idea how Sherwood will do, but I fully believe he'll have us comfortably avoiding the drop

• Like 2

Who's he bringing with him? Surely the club are going to allow him an Assistant at least

Andy Gray's son tweeted that his dad is currently with Hoddle in Doha (where he works for beIN) and that "enquires have been made". It would tally with the Sun article I suppose.

• Like 1

I reckon Sherwoods first team will look like this..

-----------------------Guzan---------------------

Hutton--------Okore--------Baker---------Ally

Cole----------Gil------------Delph--------Jack

-------------Weimann-----Benteke------------

he'll sit down and talk with Vlaar and ask him if he wants to be hereof leave.

strange looking side but hell definitely do something no-one expects.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â