The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

He got Adebayor to play, imagine what he could do with Benteke?

I think he's simplistic tack ticks wise, which will be good short term, but he's supposed to be a good coach.

He's in nice and quick as I think Stoke is very winnable.

• Like 4

Looking forward to seeing how it goes with Sherwood at the helm. I'm actually excited by the development, something which I haven't felt for years as a Villa fan! 

I'd be a little more excited if our status in the league wasn't on the line.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes with Sherwood at the helm. I'm actually excited by the development, something which I haven't felt for years as a Villa fan! 

We'd have gone down under Lambert (IMO). I think we have a far better chance of staying up now, in fact I am convinced we will be fine.  :)

• Like 1

These players need reassessing with fresh eyes. My view is give him a month to start playing some football where we actually create goal scoring opportunities. This is what needs to be addressed urgently. We also break like we're trying to turn an oil tanker round. Do this and things start getting exciting: the players regain their confidence: and the fans have something to cheer. 

Good luck Tim. 

We'd have gone down under Lambert (IMO). I think we have a far better chance of staying up now, in fact I am convinced we will be fine.  :)

I don't think our chances have changed at all, for staying or going.

people need to stop whinging i didnt particualrly want him but he is here now. lets all unite and get behind him and hope he provides a more positive out look and keep us up. 

super tim's claret and blue!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, this is a fair point. Personally I've got a lot of my shock and disappointment out of my system. Time to support him I suppose. 

• Like 1

I came to the conclusion that he blames his players to cover himself because he did.

I'm asking this as I genuinely don't know - How often did he do this publicly and when? We have the Chelsea thing, I'm right behind him on that. On what other occasions? Is there evidence for this that you can present to me?

Genuinely intrigued.

I'll ask me Dad as he'll remember better examples than me. Off the top of my head the Albion game they ended up drawing where they were completely overrun in the middle because of poor initial team selection he blamed the effort(although the did rescue a point eventually). Liverpool game too he got it wrong in the middle and blamed the players attitude. If I remember right when the wheels started to come off and the pressure started to build he quit the touchline and decided to sit in the stand. The one that sticks in my mind is when a journo questioned him for only going with the same 11 once in about 20 games and still not knowing his best team... he blamed the players for not standing out enough.

You've noted twice now that the wheels fell off. Only they won 4, drew 1 and lost 1 of his last 6 after that Liverpool game, which there responded to by winning their next game 5-0 IIRC. One of those 6 was the West Brom 3-3. Scored 15 conceded 7 in that time.

The wheels came off their challenge for top 4 which was his own definition of success until the gap started to open up and he changed his tune. There was so much quality in that team that the 100mph approach would come off against teams they were miles ahead of anyway. Doesn't have that luxury here.

Anyway seriously I do hope the stars align and I get to eat all those words and I'm not saying our players don't need an initial arse kicking, it's what happens when that stops working. With the way our dressing room is supposed to be on top of all that I may even have a couple of quid on him not being here come the last game of the season. 

Do people really think anyone would sign a 6 month contract?

This. A million times THIS.

Even a twelve month contract, unless the team's in a great position, most managers wouldn't sign one.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â