The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I'm actually quite pleased.  He has something to prove, will be hungry to not blight his early career and will be fired up.  It is also obvious that he has been watching us for a while.  I'm optimistic.

1280px-Timmy_Time_logo.svg.png

• Like 3

Nobody else remember the whole Bentaleb thing? The stick he got for staring him over Paulinho. 

But wasn't he proved right over that ?

Bentaleb is now a first team regular ?

That's my point yes. He was ridiculed for things like that, and starting Kane. 

4 out of the 6 games Sherwood lost in the league with Spurs were against Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool. He did lose some of them heavily but that seemed to be a recurring theme last season, even under AVB. They also had the Europa League which is always a distraction. So it wasn't all bad.

Edited by bose

Reminds me of when we appointed Gregory. Lets hope he makes the same impact.

This.

Tim Sherwood is the closest thing to John Gregory since he left. I personally loved our time under Gregory. The football was hit and miss, but he spoke his mind, got the job done, and the team was moderately successful. We certainly weren't the joke that we are now and have been since Gregory left (other than the MON years).

For all those that are saying that they don't like Sherwood's personality, I think we need someone with arrogance (like Gregory had), who is prepared to fall out with "big name" players if needs be.

I'm genuinely excited about this, and think this could be the beginning of something a bit special over the next few years.

Come on Tim prove everyone wrong. String a few results together with some goals, and everyone will be behind you very quickly.

Exactly my thoughts, Gregory was my favorite ever Villa manager in my time supporting (even over Big Ron & Little).

I think the fact he has something to prove and is still somewhat an unknown in terms of managerial experience could work wonders for us. Also, it'll be totally refreshing to have another manager who tells it how it is, as Lambert was a total yes-man to Lerner.

Not saying it will work out the same as Johnny Greg's tenure but if it's even 50% as exciting, then that is fine with me.

• Like 1

Can only back him now, and hope he can back up his own self confidence. Good luck Tim. Welcome to the most wonderful football club in the world. 

Edited by dAVe80

Reminds me of when we appointed Gregory. Lets hope he makes the same impact.

This.

Tim Sherwood is the closest thing to John Gregory since he left. I personally loved our time under Gregory. The football was hit and miss, but he spoke his mind, got the job done, and the team was moderately successful. We certainly weren't the joke that we are now and have been since Gregory left (other than the MON years).

For all those that are saying that they don't like Sherwood's personality, I think we need someone with arrogance (like Gregory had), who is prepared to fall out with "big name" players if needs be.

I'm genuinely excited about this, and think this could be the beginning of something a bit special over the next few years.

Come on Tim prove everyone wrong. String a few results together with some goals, and everyone will be behind you very quickly.

I just don't get the comparison. Sure they were both happy to talk freely but when Gregory made a mistake he owned it, when Sherwood made a mistake he still blamed his players.

I don't get how people think they know what this guy's character is based on 4 months....if he hasn't proven he's been a success because 4 months isn't long enough, then by the same token to can't have proven he is a rocket polisher or blames his players etc. after 6 months.

The guy has a bit of personality, has worked at a top premier league club for a long time, has played at the highest level for years and won things, and is highly regarded by others in the game. I havn't heard one pundit say that they think he would be bad appointment for any club, in fact most think he is a breathe of fresh air.

With regards to that interview he gave when he called out some of the Spurs players for not having enough passion, I didn't think there was anything wrong with that. If Lambert had come out and said that about some of our players e.g. Gabby, people would have been loving it and giving him a pat of the back.

The way I see it, we need 4 wins and maybe 2 draws and we will be safe. Possibly 3 wins and 3 draws will do it this year, as the teams at the bottom are so poor.

I came to the conclusion that he blames his players to cover himself because he did.

4 out of the 6 games Sherwood lost in the league with Spurs were against Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool. He did lose some of them heavily but that seemed to be recurring theme last season even under AVB. They also had the Europa League which is always a distraction. So it wasn't all bad.

His record with Spurs is excellent, sample size or not. I don't really see how this is being augued with.

He's a **** prick, but he's our prize prick now.

• Like 4

I didn't want Sherwood he wouldn't have been anywhere near my top 10 but then most of that top 10 wouldn't want to be anywhere near Villa. If he gets the right back room staff I think he can grow as a manager. Get him some experience alongside him and his passion will only be a positive. How many times have you thought what game has Lambert been watching when he's said we were excellent? At least Sherwood says it as it is. People who are righting him off already are stupid give him till the end of the seaon on before you judge.

4 out of the 6 games Sherwood lost in the league with Spurs were against Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool. He did lose some of them heavily but that seemed to be recurring theme last season even under AVB. They also had the Europa League which is always a distraction. So it wasn't all bad.

His record with Spurs is excellent, sample size or not. I don't really see how this is being augued with.

He's a **** prick, but he's our prize prick now.

Mouhinho is also a grade a cock. Doesn't stop Chelsea fans applauding a winning team and singing his name

He was dead right about the spurs players. That club turned into a holiday resort. Spurs are the last club you'd associate with fighting spirit. Only now with Kanes breakthrough is there any sign of a pair of balls at that club

Â