Free range Lentil, anyone? - The green party

blandy

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I think lots of people could see it wasn’t the best planned best explained project ever, but still kept faith in it a little longer than they should have.

I think maybe my opinion on it has been the more cynical end of the spectrum. 

Appreciate your opinion, appreciate your view on your own opinion. 

Thank you Chris

• Like 1

9 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Appreciate your opinion, appreciate your view on your own opinion. 

Thank you Chris

Chris is underselling himself.

This is his trade.

That's construction not corruption, to be clear :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Chris is underselling himself.

This is his trade.

That's construction not corruption, to be clear :)

I'm not sure that conspiracy to firebomb Burlins counts as "construction".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Thank you, appreciate that. Is that a view that's generally well held across all spectrums? (again, genuine Q)

No, it’s a pretty fringe (but growing) opinion. 

I see the gender wars have hit the Scottish Green party (different party but affiliated to England and Wales one) There have been expulsions of the biological gender mob to prevent the trans mob feeling threatened

• 1 month later...

She’s right though, some friends aren’t authentic. She’s just not quite fully thought it through yet to the point of self awareness.

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

If you pick your friends based purely on your own ideological purity your going to be very lonely.

It’s why most Labour / Left activist types are some of the most spectacularly boring people with really odd ideas about people who don’t conform to their way of thinking.

Actually scratch that, it’s anyone who is a political activist left or right

Back in the day I briefly used to hang out with the sort of people that were / claimed to be militant. 
I’d look around that table and think, well he’s an arsehole, and he’s an arsehole, and he’s an arsehole. Then something sort of dawned on me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Back in the day I briefly used to hang out with the sort of people that were / claimed to be militant. 
I’d look around that table and think, well he’s an arsehole, and he’s an arsehole, and he’s an arsehole. Then something sort of dawned on me.

Yep, same here. Avoided them at all costs ever since 

• Like 1

That woman states she’s stood for the Greens “over eight times”.

So, nine then?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, bickster said:

The Green anti-rail mob strike again

I just don't understand them. Objecting to the greenest form of travel we have.

I assume these other methods she talks about are cars?  Or maybe a hiking route to be used by 10 people. 

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I just don't understand them. Objecting to the greenest form of travel we have.

I assume these other methods she talks about are cars?  Or maybe a hiking route to be used by 10 people. 

Back To The Future style hoverboard 😂

From reading the comments on the thread, it seems she's more upset that her friend supports Labour, due to their stance on the Gaza situation, rather than because she's standing for the Greens. Which is a lot more understandable, if still a bit of an extreme take. 

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

From reading the comments on the thread, it seems she's more upset that her friend supports Labour, due to their stance on the Gaza situation, rather than because she's standing for the Greens. Which is a lot more understandable, if still a bit of an extreme take. 

Did she come up with that rationale before or after everyone told her that she's a dipshit? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

If I was standing for election as an MP, and I had close friends who shared broadly the same political views, I'd kind of hope they'd vote for me TBH. 

But if, as in most cases with the greens,  I had no chance of winning but a candidate with 'broadly'  similar views did, and could unseat a Tory, I'd probably suggest they vote for them instead.  

1 hour ago, Jon said:

If I was standing for election as an MP, and I had close friends who shared broadly the same political views, I'd kind of hope they'd vote for me TBH. 

But if, as in most cases with the greens,  I had no chance of winning but a candidate with 'broadly'  similar views did, and could unseat a Tory, I'd probably suggest they vote for them instead.  

Not that you’d know from her Bio but she’s standing in Kingswinford and South Staffs, where some polling suggests Labour actually stand a chance of unseating Gavin Williamson.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Not that you’d know from her Bio but she’s standing in Kingswinford and South Staffs, where some polling suggests Labour actually stand a chance of unseating Gavin Williamson.

I also suspect that if I had a mate that was standing in a seat that he has no chance of winning, that I might chuck them my vote as a show of support once or twice, but by the 5th loss I might be thinking "come on mate, give it a rest, you don't own my vote".

By now I think I'd have moved house into a different constituency.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â