The 2015 General Election

tonyh29

General Election 2015  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote at the general election on May 7th?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Regionally based party (SNP, Plaid, DUP, SF etc)
    • Local Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • Spoil Paper
    • Won't bother going to the polls

This poll is closed to new votes

Vines justification for being vile , as per This week , last night  ....

everyone else is doing it

I thought Portillo rightly gave her a bit of stick for what she writes  , funny how no longer being an MP suddenly makes Portillo a rather likeable person  ...

as per previous observations though , the Murdoch media only appears to have been vile prior to 1997 and after 2010 and the Mirror a rag equally as vile in it's personal attacks never seems to get a mention ..who'd have thunk it

I thought Portillo rightly gave her a bit of stick for what she writes  , funny how no longer being an MP suddenly makes Portillo a rather likeable person  ...

as per previous observations though , the Murdoch media only appears to have been vile prior to 1997 and after 2010 and the Mirror a rag equally as vile in it's personal attacks never seems to get a mention ..who'd have thunk it

The Mirror are positively amateurs compared to the Mail, and any of Murdochs rags.Can't recall any attacks on Camerons father. The British press are a pretty shallow bunch. I stopped buying newspapers on a regular basis years ago. 

Edited by meregreen
  • Like 3

The Mirror are positively amateurs compared to the Mail, and any of Murdochs rags.Can't recall any attacks on Camerons father. The British press are a pretty shallow bunch. I stopped buying newspapers on a regular basis years ago. 

that could be because Cameron's dad didn't hate Britain :P  but there were a few articles about how he made his money via tax avoidenace (entirely legal ) but yeah not in the Milliband league and of course we had the Mirror going through Camerons dustbins but that seems standard for newspapers

and of course the Mirror are currently going through a phone hacking trial ... we can but hope someone grasses up Piers Morgan  in the process

The problem with Clegg's policy, and other recent government policies like Help To Buy, is that it only applies to new builds. And most people don't want to live in identikit homes miles from anywhere with cardboard walls and no storage space.

Not to mention that it's only 6,000 new homes a year.

Edited by Davkaus

That's not true at all. Murdoch media (excluding the Times) has always been vile. The Mirror was vile when Piers Morgan was editing it. Other than that it has mostly been not so much vile as just not up to much commendable.

If they did hacking before or after Morgan, then it was vile then, too.

That Owen Jones thing above is spot on, by the way.

• Like 1

Blandy in agreeing with Sandal wearing journalist shocker :P

the 97-2010 reference is a private joke based around the selective outrage from this forum against Murdoch , rather than any serious opinion on his papers...

As for Owen , of course your entitled to your opinion but any journalist that makes lazy inaccurate sweeping statements about the MO of a group of people based on their voting intent is stealing a living in a job they don't deserve .... I stop reading at that point he may have added something profound .... But i seriously doubt it

I think we should and probably will move away from a culture obsessed with house ownership and start renting homes in the manner of some European countries, but the problem is regulation and I think in those countries you can get leases for a considerable amount of time.

We'd all have nothing to talk about at dinner parties though if we couldn't talk about how much our houses are worth

The problem with Clegg's policy, and other recent government policies like Help To Buy, is that it only applies to new builds. And most people don't want to live in identikit homes miles from anywhere with cardboard walls and no storage space.

The problem fundamentally is that the population is growing and there are too many people here. There just isn't enough space to build houses hence all the flats. London is heading just like Paris and Barcelona where most people live in flats and only the wealthy live in nice big houses.

The problem fundamentally is that the population is growing and there are too many people here. There just isn't enough space to build houses hence all the flats. London is heading just like Paris and Barcelona where most people live in flats and only those using a deed of variation live in nice big houses.
Fixed :) Edited by tonyh29

Blandy in agreeing with Sandal wearing journalist shocker :P

the 97-2010 reference is a private joke based around the selective outrage from this forum against Murdoch , rather than any serious opinion on his papers...

As for Owen , of course your entitled to your opinion but any journalist that makes lazy inaccurate sweeping statements about the MO of a group of people based on their voting intent is stealing a living in a job they don't deserve .... I stop reading at that point he may have added something profound .... But i seriously doubt it

Q.E.D.
  • Like 1

The problem fundamentally is that the population is growing and there are too many people here. There just isn't enough space to build houses hence all the flats. London is heading just like Paris and Barcelona where most people live in flats and only the wealthy live in nice big houses.

More than enough land in the UK. Though the point about all wanting to live in exactly the same place is valid.

Perhaps if we built new towns with decent infrastructure and transport hubs we'd boost the economy, improve lives and give an alternative location to live thus softening the demand and prices in other hot spots. But that's a crazy big idea. Better we all argue over whether Barrat should shoe horn 12 houses onto that roundabout on my already congested commuting route.

Incidentally, the 'green belt' around cities. That's 50% bigger now than it was in the 1950's. You wouldn't think so from the news headlines every time some green party hippy finds a new vital type of earth worm and sets up tents that prevent development. 

Phase 2 of Help to Buy, the mortgage guarantee scheme, includes existing as well as new build homes

Playing devils advocate, first time buyers perhaps need to a little less fussy about the type of property they want and how they get on the ladder and then use the government incentives to assist with that. Your first home is never your dream home but its the first step to that. 

• Like 2

55044586.jpg

Edited by MakemineVanilla

I'm not sure which case you are trying to prove here ( are you agreeing or trying to disprove the statement made ? )but that still equals an extra million people in 4 years ...

Presumably unless they are all Romanian gypsies bringing their own caravans ( see stereotyping) those that come on short term (I.e not counted on that graph) still also have to live somewhere

Finally didn't the home office admit they had no idea how many people had come and gone ?