The 2015 General Election

tonyh29

General Election 2015  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote at the general election on May 7th?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Regionally based party (SNP, Plaid, DUP, SF etc)
    • Local Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • Spoil Paper
    • Won't bother going to the polls

This poll is closed to new votes

I quite relieved Cameron has proven himself to know nothing about Villa, that was his one saving grace.

just for you 42ffd216-0093-4470-8cac-e4332e0395d2-620

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H_vgFcs1bk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfMY-bm3xYE

I'll be spoiling my ballot on the way home from work. A colleague suggested I spoil it by drawing the old school cock and balls. Another then piped up with 'That'll be counted as a vote for the Tories though?'.

• Like 4

tories will win, ed miliband will be the new prime minister, facebook will be full of head scratching

Define "Win?"

I read "win" as a working majority for any single party - Tory "win" therefore delivers Call me Dave as PM. 

Ed only gets to be PM IMO if he wins enough seats to guarantee a majority in coalition with the SNP which he has said he won't do....... so...... give him a couple of days he'll have done it. That for him will be just as damaging as Cleggs' involvement with the Tories in 2010. 

tories will win, ed miliband will be the new prime minister, facebook will be full of head scratching

Define "Win?"

I read "win" as a working majority for any single party - Tory "win" therefore delivers Call me Dave as PM. 

Ed only gets to be PM IMO if he wins enough seats to guarantee a majority in coalition with the SNP which he has said he won't do....... so...... give him a couple of days he'll have done it. That for him will be just as damaging as Cleggs' involvement with the Tories in 2010. 

Works both ways though , if Labour go with SNP and SNP don't get things they have promised ( for example Clegg and tuition fee's ) they will be wiped out next time

Define "Win?"

Works both ways though , if Labour go with SNP and SNP don't get things they have promised ( for example Clegg and tuition fee's ) they will be wiped out next time

I thinks its more problematic than that. If Labour are seen to have to make major, preferential concessions to the Scots over the "English" in order to secure government there will be a massive backlash and quickly - a revolt by some of their own MPs would not be out of the question as a few nervously protect their own majorities. 

I'm thinking of spoiling my ballot, by writing on it, the bit of graffiti I saw on a pub celling the other week.

"Nicola Sturgeon has tits, vote yes"

Define "Win?"

It can't be that damaging for him, I'd wager a majority of Labour supporters would openly welcome some of the SNP's policies being implemented. Clegg however jumped into bed with the one party that the people who voted for him would have objected to.

• Like 1

Define "Win?"

It can't be that damaging for him, I'd wager a majority of Labour supporters would openly welcome some of the SNP's policies being implemented. Clegg however jumped into bed with the one party that the people who voted for him would have objected to.
Yeah, I would. What's good for Scotland may well be bad for London and the 'home counties' (God, how I hate that arrogant term), but not necessarily for the north of England.
  • Like 1

According to the Huff Post we will have to wait until 6am to see if Farage has failed in Thanet.

God I hope he does. I would love it.....love it if he loses. /Keegan

I'm hoping Al Murray takes the seat

Interesting that a video of Farage calling gay people" fags" has suddenly emerged today in the Heil ... the event only happened in July 2001 .... next up a video of Ed Miliband from 1977 drinking his school milk through a straw and looking funny

What's your point Tony? That since then he has clearly had an epiphany and become a much more liberal, open minded human being?

It shows the measure of the man when this barely makes a dent in my impression of him.

That's also why it won't have much impression on people that will vote Kipper anyway. They probably secretly (some not so secretly) agree with him. There have been so many 'gaffes' that seem not to have dented their support too much, that the only conclusion one can come to is that their supporters agree with the views being espoused.
Not secretly at all, in my experience. All the UKIPpers I've heard round here are 'racist and proud of it'. Loathesome bunch.

According to the Huff Post we will have to wait until 6am to see if Farage has failed in Thanet.

God I hope he does. I would love it.....love it if he loses. /Keegan

I'm hoping Al Murray takes the seat

Interesting that a video of Farage calling gay people" fags" has suddenly emerged today in the Heil ... the event only happened in July 2001 .... next up a video of Ed Miliband from 1977 drinking his school milk through a straw and looking funny

What's your point Tony? That since then he has clearly had an epiphany and become a much more liberal, open minded human being?

It shows the measure of the man when this barely makes a dent in my impression of him.

No that wasn't my point and I'm not even sure how you could have leapt to that wrong conclusion  , the 1977 comment should have made the point I was making obvious

but since you're struggling ... the point was that this video has been in existence for nearly 14 years and happened to get leaked today on election day on a day where Farage is running to be an MP and quite likely to take the seat from a Tory  ... It may not damage Farage completely but it will damage him none the less  ( or possibly will persuade some racists to vote for him and the leak came from him !!  ) 

I quite relieved Cameron has proven himself to know nothing about Villa, that was his one saving grace.

just for you 42ffd216-0093-4470-8cac-e4332e0395d2-620

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H_vgFcs1bk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfMY-bm3xYE

we can play this all day long :)

David Cameron, a sporadic Aston Villa supporter, has hailed the appointment of Tim Sherwood as the club’s new manager, saying he is “a very good guy and will make a big difference” – but added that in the runup to the general election politicians were nervous about changes of management.

Answering questions from Rolls-Royce workers in Goodwood, West Sussex, the prime minister suggested that Villa, currently in the relegation zone, could avoid the drop this season. “The thing about the Premier League is you only need a couple of wins to get you out of the danger zone. You have to get some wins against the teams that are at your level or below,” he said.

Cameron disclosed that one of his sisters was an Arsenal fan, and his son Arthur had “gone all the wrong way”.

He said: “I took him to QPR to a game against Aston Villa and I thought he would either be a Hoops fan or a Villa fan, and he came out after the game, it had been a bit disappointing, and he said: ‘Those teams are obviously not going to be right for me so I am going to be a Chelsea fan.’”

After long hard thought im voting conservative. The country is now in better shape than what it was five years ago. To much of a risk bringing back labour.

In the last five years my house price has gone up sharply, my salary has gone up and my outgoings have come down significantly, I cant complain about anything so I have again voted for them