The 2015 General Election

tonyh29

General Election 2015  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote at the general election on May 7th?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Regionally based party (SNP, Plaid, DUP, SF etc)
    • Local Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • Spoil Paper
    • Won't bother going to the polls

This poll is closed to new votes

So hot on the heels of his meeting with Ed , Brand has broken his don't vote stance and come out to urge people to vote .....

For the Greens

Top work Ed ....

• Like 2

So far the balanced audience seems to be very left heavy ... I'll be interested to see if all Ed's questions come from Bankers :)

you are Nigel Farage and I claim my £5

for me, they are all getting a fairly equal ride, and all doing about equally well in response*

*although I did have the heaphones on for half of Ed's bit listening to some funky funk

Edited by chrisp65

So far the balanced audience seems to be very left heavy ... I'll be interested to see if all Ed's questions come from Bankers :)

you are Nigel Farage and I claim my £5

for me, they are all getting a fairly equal ride, and all doing about equally well in response*

*although I did have the heaphones on for half of Ed's bit listening to some funky funk

Give me time I'm just at the point where Ed trotted out his tax cut for millionaires lie Edited by tonyh29

Probably in a minority but I always prefer Clegg of the trio when they're having these sorts of debates to listen to.

It's probably because he's the most convincing (of the) liar(s). :)

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

I take it back , I kinda feel sorry for Ed, did the BBC let Tory party members only ask him questions !!
  • Like 1

Oh so close to Ed falling off the stage at the end there as he walked off

Is it my imagination are they all drinking from the same glass of water

Clegg been on stage 2 minutes and already you can't help but like him , of the 3 I'd take him as PM

Didn't take long for the labour plant to bring up the million food bank users myth / lie

Avoiding the argument about users v unique users, the figures (accepted by Cameron when trotting out his 'tenfold increase' line during PMQs in the early years of this government) would suggest a 25 fold increase whilst Cameron was PM (alternatively put in the Trussell Trust's numbers - approx 3k to 40k [2005-2010] and then 40k to 1084k (that's just over 1 million uses) [2010 to 2015]).

Didn't take long for the labour plant to bring up the million food bank users myth / lie

Avoiding the argument about users v unique users, the figures (accepted by Cameron when trotting out his 'tenfold increase' line during PMQs in the early years of this government) would suggest a 25 fold increase whilst Cameron was PM (alternatively put in the Trussell Trust's numbers - approx 3k to 40k [2005-2010] and then 40k to 1084k (that's just over 1 million uses) [2010 to 2015]).
Trussell are indeed the same people that revised its initial number and are saying its 500,000 people that have used them

It's 500,000 too many to be sure , but that doesn't excuse the lie ( the lie isn't Trussell's they have acknowledged their mistake )

Edited by tonyh29

Trussell are indeed the same people that revised its instal number and are saying its 500,000 people that have used them

Okay, obviously we'll not avoid the argument about users v unique users. :D

According to their averages, it's probably a maximum of about 530,000 (if they reckon on average 49% of food bank users only needed one food bank voucher in a year).

I don't think they've 'revised' anything as it appears they've always said that they've had x number of users each year (those were the same figures that Cameron was happy to rely upon when he did his tenfold thing - that went away pretty bloody quickly by the way!).

Well I'll wait for the labour supporters to tell me im wrong of course and how Ed stole the show , but that was a bit of a disaster for Ed all in all... Ok disaster may be a bit dramatic but I think he blew his chance tonight , depending of course on how many people actually watched . He was given a rough ride by the audience and he didn't look comfortable , more so when he tried to inject some humour , the dark room with Clegg was probably the only time he looked natural ... And that hand in the pocket thing he's been advised to do ... no , just no

Cameron seemed to be making a point of talking to the camera rather than the audience , he also tended to answer questions that weren't asked but he dealt with his "hostiles" fairly well even if he did come close to a Nixon moment with the sweaty face ... He possibly won't have converted any voters but he may have helped pick up some undecided... He did stick to a script a bit too much for my liking

Clegg I thought did the best of the 3 , his only real blip was his reply of "charming" to the moron who told him he'd be unemployed next week, he could have do with a more definitive put down but to be fair he isn't Frankie Boyle... He was honest with his replies amd most of them were good replies .He won't ever be PM but I do agree with him that we need him ( or his party at least) to keep the other 2 in check... Clegg did well last time around in the TV debates and it didn't materialise in votes so no idea if it will help this time around either

now its Nigel's turn....

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Ah, you lot are getting Farage are you?

I presumed you'd have the test card or an old episode of Antiques Roadshow whilst we sit through a session with Leanne Wood.

Spectacularly irritating 'presenter' picking a cluster of questions at once then not allowing an answer to be given. Somebody has clearly told her to interrupt and disrupt every answer after a max of 30 seconds. 

Really poor technique from the presenter.

• Like 1

Seems to be far too much fawning from the audience to Farage.

Quite surprised no one's picked up on the amount of ukip members being outed as ex BNP or as fascists in general.