The 2015 General Election

tonyh29

General Election 2015  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote at the general election on May 7th?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Regionally based party (SNP, Plaid, DUP, SF etc)
    • Local Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • Spoil Paper
    • Won't bother going to the polls

This poll is closed to new votes

He said he had a 'brain fade'. Strange.

It's not that strange. A few years ago, when he was in opposition, he said in Parliament that he isn't a football fan. Somewhere along the way someone told him to pick a team to help him appeal to the plebs, and he's got his lies mixed up.

• Like 1

It's not that strange. A few years ago, when he was in opposition, he said in Parliament that he isn't a football fan. Somewhere along the way someone told him to pick a team to help him appeal to the plebs, and he's got his lies mixed up.

Exactly. A dishonest man in a fundamentally dishonest job is found to have lied about something that doesn't matter, that he only said in the first place to draw attention from other lies about things that do matter.

Sometimes I too mistake myself as a West Ham fan. The first time it happened was about 3am two summers back. I might have been dreaming. Anyway it was raining outside and I left the window open so I got out of bed to shut the window. In the garden below a gnome looked up in my direction and a stray black cat scampered across the grass. It was either a full moon or close to a full moon. I shut the window, turned away and caught my reflection in a full-length mirror at the other side of the room. In the mirror I was standing in what appeared to be a West Ham top. I walked over to inspect my reflection and stood on a plug half-way there. I winced, checked my foot for damage, then turned back to the mirror. I was no longer wearing a West Ham top.

Another time was the week before last Christmas. I went for a run one morning and it might have been the wine or brie I had the night before but when I passed by a Volkswagen Bora (or it could have been some type of SAAB) I caught my reflection in its window and I was wearing a West Ham top. I stopped at another car to double-check, thinking it was another illusion. It might have been a Ford Focus. In its window I was again wearing a West Ham top. I turned to check for a name on the back of the shirt and it read 'Downing'. When I turned to face the window again the front of the shirt had changed into a Villa top.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Exactly. A dishonest man in a fundamentally dishonest job is found to have lied about something that doesn't matter, that he only said in the first place to draw attention from other lies about things that do matter.

I know he's full of shit it's strange that he's been to watch us numerous times and does this.

I just threw my hands up in despair. Just when Milliband was starting to look credible he does this. Totally unnecessary, and won't win him any votes. He only needs two topics - the rich/poor divide, and the NHS. That's his ticket to No. 10, not this.

Did a similar thing when elected Labour leader - started going on about Israel.

I quite like a lot of what he says - but the average bloke in the street isn't really interested in Israel ....or Syria....unless we get onto the subject of taking refugees ....which we now might over the next 48 hours.....concentrate on public spending cuts and the NHS...

I'd imagine the average bloke in the street is exactly who they try and get to with these daft statements

Labour / Tory already have their core voters who will vote for them no matter what ... What they need to do is strike a cord with the undecided , ukip are showing around 18% in the polls ... That's 18 % of realitively new voters to a party that have switched alliegience or are possibly first time voters ... Cameron needs that 18% and as ukip are single issue party knows that he can possible dip into that 18% if he says the right things on Europe ... Then he ( the party pollsters more accurately ) has to decide how much the pink vote may be worth to his party and in going after them how much of the UKIP vote he's just attracted back will be homophobic and thus vote elsewhere ...

Libya will be forgotten in a few days , the calculation for labour will be did they manage to turn any undecided would be Tory voter away ... And having turned them away can they say anything that might resonate with them ...

marginal seats only need to sway a smallish number of people and what might not be a deal clincher for one voter might be for another

Really ?

"XXXX Politician said about Israel today"   - a good whack of the electorate stop listening at that point ....IMO.  

I just threw my hands up in despair. Just when Milliband was starting to look credible he does this. Totally unnecessary, and won't win him any votes. He only needs two topics - the rich/poor divide, and the NHS. That's his ticket to No. 10, not this.

Did a similar thing when elected Labour leader - started going on about Israel.

I quite like a lot of what he says - but the average bloke in the street isn't really interested in Israel ....or Syria....unless we get onto the subject of taking refugees ....which we now might over the next 48 hours.....concentrate on public spending cuts and the NHS...

I'd imagine the average bloke in the street is exactly who they try and get to with these daft statements

Labour / Tory already have their core voters who will vote for them no matter what ... What they need to do is strike a cord with the undecided , ukip are showing around 18% in the polls ... That's 18 % of realitively new voters to a party that have switched alliegience or are possibly first time voters ... Cameron needs that 18% and as ukip are single issue party knows that he can possible dip into that 18% if he says the right things on Europe ... Then he ( the party pollsters more accurately ) has to decide how much the pink vote may be worth to his party and in going after them how much of the UKIP vote he's just attracted back will be homophobic and thus vote elsewhere ...

Libya will be forgotten in a few days , the calculation for labour will be did they manage to turn any undecided would be Tory voter away ... And having turned them away can they say anything that might resonate with them ...

marginal seats only need to sway a smallish number of people and what might not be a deal clincher for one voter might be for another

Really ?

"XXXX Politician said about Israel today" - a good whack of the electorate stop listening at that point ....IMO.

I was talking generically rather than specifics I.e Israel

https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xaf1/v/t42.1790-2/11099371_10206648339755880_506139087_n.mp4?oh=f77d51f3dbc282f38b3ae81c94f73a8a&oe=553F320F

When labour have people like this clown who can't answer questions about major parts about their manifesto it doesn't reflect well on them and makes us remember why we kicked them out in the first place.

https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xaf1/v/t42.1790-2/11099371_10206648339755880_506139087_n.mp4?oh=f77d51f3dbc282f38b3ae81c94f73a8a&oe=553F320F

When labour have people like this clown who can't answer questions about major parts about their manifesto it doesn't reflect well on them and makes us remember why we kicked them out in the first place.

Do you realise that every party has produced representatives that have produced similar performances?

In regard to remembering the performance of previous governments, every one of them has been 'kicked out', so should the two biggest parties never be re-elected again?

• Like 1

The only one I have seen as bad as that performance for this election was natalie bennetts on the radio which was just as embrrassing as this. This guy clearly had no idea about their own policies. At least do some research on the key points of your manifesto

CDd1R6DW0AAg8kY.jpg

The War?

Particularly since the Mail's favourites, the Blackshirts, were on the losing side. Curious they've overlooked reality to make a ludicrous claim for their master.

• Like 2

and that is something we must always remember, when the Mail claim to just be interested in free speech or basic values or putting britain first, what they wanted when it came down to it, was a fascist run UK

open supporters of fascism in the 1930's (advising and promoting membership of the blackshirts organisation) and friends with Mussolini, Hitler and Moseley, the Mail owner Lord Rothermere only dropped direct printed support for that filth once jewish businesses threatened to withdraw their advertising money from the 'paper

so a 'principled' fascist rag, right up until it potentially hit profits

nice people

• Like 4

CDd1R6DW0AAg8kY.jpg

The War?
I think the full quote was

the biggest constitutional crisis since the abdication which the Heil have left out the headline

It does open a can of worms .. If labour don't get a majority , Cameron has no obligation to resign and won't get the first test of his ability to control a majority house until June ... Presumably at that point the SNP will blanket vote with Labour to force Cameron to resign and then the Fun begins

Edited by tonyh29