The 2015 General Election

tonyh29

General Election 2015  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote at the general election on May 7th?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Regionally based party (SNP, Plaid, DUP, SF etc)
    • Local Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • Spoil Paper
    • Won't bother going to the polls

This poll is closed to new votes

BenneTt - I thought was the weakest of the 5 and she will have to carry the can when the Greens fail abysmally at the election

Sturgeon – even it if means we get Ed , I’d love it if the SNP ended up only winning one or two seats just to wipe the arrogance out of her , you had your referendum , you lost , get over it … my view is the fringe parties have a duty to try and support the largest party , be it labour or Tory , for sure there are going to be differences in policy and they can deal with that on each issues .. what a minority party should not be allowed to do is dictate terms on how the country is going to be governed , especially when 90% of it don’t’ even have an opportunity to vote for them

The Greens can't fail abysmally. They have 1 MP - hopefully for her she keeps her seat, she's good MP.
It's looking good for the 'MP of the year'. Latest polling suggest she has up to a 10 pt lead in Brighton. Good on her. I really do have a lot of time and admiration for Lucas.
MP of the year ... Whatever next !!

If she gets in then surely she will be an independent seeing as she is pretty much campaigning as one :)

Edited by tonyh29

Not even on the agenda this time round! Sadly think we missed the boat on that one for a good while.

When Scotland go independent (it will happen I think) in next 20years that's when it will happen

I think you under estimate the price for Sturgeon being kingmaker to Ed .... If they win their projected seats there will be another referendum in the next term of parliament

Edited by tonyh29

I think it's being spun that the English promised them lots of things for a No vote and didn't deliver them  .... couple it with a kick in for Scotish labour in May and I think the SNP will feel they have the momentum ..and with a hung parliament the "power " to make it happen

You might have  a point there Tone, but if their public rejected it so recently why do they think will change this time? Unless the intend to ask clueless teenagers

could be that with the margin so fine last time, the lies told then to buy the vote won't wash a second time?

Would be interesting but I think there is no way Ed would go for that as part of a coalition deal.

If he couldnt make a government work any other way they may have another election which would effectively become a UK referendum on Scotland

You might have  a point there Tone, but if their public rejected it so recently why do they think will change this time? Unless the intend to ask clueless teenagers

could be that with the margin so fine last time, the lies told then to buy the vote won't wash a second time?

slow.jpg

• Like 2

I believe they've taken a leaf from the tory book of housing policy.

They're selling off all their oil at a heavily discounted price. With the money raised they'll be buying more oil.

• Like 1

It still seems to be a hot topic up there , social media wise the Yes voters still have Yes or the 45 inserted into their pictures , certainly there is a very vocal set of people who still want it.

The SNP vote to me seems to be coming from that yes camp who don't all support the SNP more they see them as a means to an end to get independence.

If the tories & UKIPs do a referendum and the English vote to leave, and the scotch (sorry donnie) vote to stay, then it would be right to have one - Scotland (and probably  Wales too) would otherwise be taken out the EU against the voters wishes in those places

Milliband was a total failure in the debate. Says the BBC's unbiased political editor Nick Robinson.

Pienaar managed to mask his impartiality by saying Ed just about held his own , whilst making it sound like an insult

Couple of times I thought he looked confident and carried himself well , he's handled the TV debates better than he handels PMQ's that's for sure .... still wouldn't want him as my PM though .... but for his blatant lie on Syria he should have been slapped with a wet haddock and been taken to task .... but as I supsect the vast majority aren't aware of his shameful behaviour there he made himself look like this potential leader who stood up to everyone and may have scored a few points

I know things didn't quite work out for him at Everton the second time around, you should never go back, but that's some career change.

CC3DyV6WIAEDw0g.jpg

Amused me anyway.

Has anyone actually had much canvassing and campaigning done by any of their local candidates? I've had a leaflet from Labour and that's the lot. Benefits of being in a safe seat I guess, nobody bothers.

• Like 1