The 2015 General Election

tonyh29

General Election 2015  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote at the general election on May 7th?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Regionally based party (SNP, Plaid, DUP, SF etc)
    • Local Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • Spoil Paper
    • Won't bother going to the polls

This poll is closed to new votes

or tories-ukip-lib dems

the lib dems have not ruled out working with tories again

Won't be enough seats though. UKIP will get 1-3, it won't make much difference. 

I think the Lib/Lab/SNP would be workable but Labour have ruled out a formal coalition with the SNP - maybe unwisely. 

Who knows what's going to happen... I think we might be in for another election before 5 years in any case. 

BenneTt - I thought was the weakest of the 5 and she will have to carry the can when the Greens fail abysmally at the election

Sturgeon – even it if means we get Ed , I’d love it if the SNP ended up only winning one or two seats just to wipe the arrogance out of her  , you had your referendum , you lost , get over it … my view is the fringe parties have a duty to try and support the largest party , be it labour or Tory  , for sure there are going to be differences in policy and they can deal with that on each issues .. what a minority party should not be allowed to do is  dictate terms on how the country is going to be governed , especially when 90% of it don’t’ even have an opportunity to vote for them

The Greens can't fail abysmally. They have 1 MP  - hopefully for her she keeps her seat, she's  good MP. FPTP means that with something around 5-7% support, they won't get 5-7% of MPs (which is a shame). I agree Natalie Bennett isn't particularly leaderly, to say the least, and she may "carry the can" if they get 1 or 0 seats.

On the other point, all the parties will be minority parties. Some more minor than others. All of them will try to (if they get that chance) get themselves minister jobs and as many of their policies into place as possible. What they shouldn't do is give up on their policies to get power. They get voted in based on their policies, and the SNP have clearly said (basically) we hate the tories and we're not having 'owt to do with them. They shouldn't change that.

We should be heading for a minority government.

What I think we'll end up with, albeit perhaps not for long, is a bastardised rainbow coalition as all the posturing and bravado goes out of the window after the election as they get the merest sniff of power, sorry 'for the good of the country'.

There's no chance of an old school national government as the Tories and Labour have too much to lose by working together and losing each other as the great bogeyman to blame whenever the wheels fall off. Working together will just highlight there's not a fag paper between them in real terms.

Its going to be a bloody car crash in slow motion for months. Or arguably, a continuation of the car crash we've had for 5 years.

Perhaps on May 9th we just 'eliminate' one of the parties and have a quick phone poll and repeat every weekend until there's a final.

A sort of Masterchef / Logan's Run / Apprentice / Hunger Games / The Voice sort of scenario.

Despite the fixed term parliament act, I can see a snap election being called in a year or two (it would need Labour and the Tories to agree). I find it incredibly difficult to find a coalition that would work, other than a Labour-Lib Dem-SNP one and that has all sorts of complications.

The Lib-dems will be a different beast under someone other than Clegg and as Clegg is looking likely to lose his seat… who knows what version of the Lib dems will pitch up into a coalition this time. I suppose it depends on who is left really. Not one commentator appears to even have considered this that I've come across

I don't think SNP will be too difficult to work with as their interest stops at the border. Whatever they want it would be a small price to pay in the scheme of things.

Although I say this knowing full well whatever Scotland gets will come at the cost of Wales and NI.

I have it on good authority that the SNP are prepared to work with Farage to tie up the deal that everything north of Hadrian's Wall is Scotland as he's insisted twice in two days.

• Like 1

BenneTt - I thought was the weakest of the 5 and she will have to carry the can when the Greens fail abysmally at the election

Sturgeon – even it if means we get Ed , I’d love it if the SNP ended up only winning one or two seats just to wipe the arrogance out of her , you had your referendum , you lost , get over it … my view is the fringe parties have a duty to try and support the largest party , be it labour or Tory , for sure there are going to be differences in policy and they can deal with that on each issues .. what a minority party should not be allowed to do is dictate terms on how the country is going to be governed , especially when 90% of it don’t’ even have an opportunity to vote for them

The Greens can't fail abysmally. They have 1 MP - hopefully for her she keeps her seat, she's good MP.
It's looking good for the 'MP of the year'. Latest polling suggest she has up to a 10 pt lead in Brighton. Good on her. I really do have a lot of time and admiration for Lucas.
  • Like 1

I don't think SNP will be too difficult to work with as their interest stops at the border. Whatever they want it would be a small price to pay in the scheme of things.

Although I say this knowing full well whatever Scotland gets will come at the cost of Wales and NI.

I have it on good authority that the SNP are prepared to work with Farage to tie up the deal that everything north of Hadrian's Wall is Scotland as he's insisted twice in two days.

How much of Newcastle would they get?