The 2015 General Election

tonyh29

General Election 2015  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote at the general election on May 7th?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Regionally based party (SNP, Plaid, DUP, SF etc)
    • Local Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • Spoil Paper
    • Won't bother going to the polls

This poll is closed to new votes

What the **** is going on?

Details of next week's budget are being announced at a party's 'spring' conference (when did they start to become the norm?).

A party 'spring conference' that is at the start of an election campaign?

Shoddy stuff.

• Like 2

having issued a letter to all the 'staff' and civil servants that it would be an offence to leak any detail before the budget day presentation in parliament

really has the feeling of being an election budget

having issued a letter to all the 'staff' and civil servants that it would be an offence to leak any detail before the budget day presentation in parliament

really has the feeling of being an election budget

It used to be a resigning offence (Hugh Dalton).

I know that things are 'leaked' by unknown sources in their bucket load during the couple of days before the budget but this is the deputy PM announcing what will happen next week.

There can't be any clearer indication that Clegg holds Parliament in contempt - and if he does then what do you think of the others?

Ed Miller Group 'rules out' coalition with the SNP. Yeah, right Ed. Come the day after the GE, and you need the support of their MPs to form an overall coalition, you'll be on the blower straight away. Or at least you should be.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-31906463

Ed Miliband rules out SNP coalition after election

Ed Miliband has ruled out a Labour-SNP coalition in the event of a hung Parliament after May's election.

The Labour leader said any alliance would "not happen" as there were "big differences" between the two parties

"There will be no SNP ministers in any government I lead," he said, claiming such talk was "scare-mongering" by his Conservative opponents.

The SNP has said it could help support a minority Labour government in power if there is no outright winner in May.

The SNP's rise in the opinion polls has fuelled talk it may hold the balance of power.

SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon said earlier on Monday that her party would strive to bring "positive change across the UK" if it played any role in the next government, serving the UK's interests as well as those of Scotland.

Mr Miliband has repeatedly said that talk of any post-election deal with the SNP was nonsense but has stopped short, until now, of explicitly ruling it out.

The Conservatives have seized on this to suggest that Labour is trying to get into power "on the coat tails" of the SNP.

Don't know but the Tory poster design agency is about to get a large order for some new posters on the back of it presumably ..unless they can somehow replaces Salmond with McCluskey with a bit of photoshop trickery ;)

I guess he got backed into a corner by the Tory's pushing it all the time and he took the bait  ...

First Dave , now Ed  .... it's like nobody actually wants to win this election  ....

To be fair to Ed there is a world of difference between a Labour-SNP coalition and SNP supporting a minority Labour administration to pass legislation. 

All he has said is "no coalition." The door for SNP support is very much wide open.

First Dave , now Ed  .... it's like nobody actually wants to win this election  ....

Fairly confident if you look back I said as much MONTHS ago

I can see Miliband doing a Gillard. Don't trust him at all.

Most people don't trust any of them

I can see Miliband doing a Gillard. Don't trust him at all.

Most people don't trust any of them

And I'm one of them, but I was only commenting on Miliband ruling out a deal with the SNP. Just because I said I don't trust Miliband doesn't mean I trust any of the other party leaders.

I'm not sure about Miliband. At times I think he has some ideas and means well, and at other times I think he's just an empty suit like the rest of them.

I think he would make a good cabinet minister but I'm not convinced that he would make a good leader, which is an improvement on Cameron admittedly.

There aren't that many around who fit the bill for the top job, come to think of it.

finally a policy i like. osbourne scrapping inheritance tax for properties under the value of 1m and can be passed on to their kids fairly. about bloody time.

inheritance tax is the worst tax of them all in my view

finally a policy i like. osbourne scrapping inheritance tax for properties under the value of 1m and can be passed on to their kids fairly. about bloody time.

Bedroom tax?

Bedroom tax?

Reprehensible as it is, its not actually a tax, its a benefit cut. I realise this is semantics to a degree but it isn't a tax

• Like 3

Bedroom tax?
you've just made that up , there is no such thing Edited by tonyh29

vat on sanitary towels is much worse than inheritance tax

• Like 4

vat on sanitary towels is much worse than inheritance tax

The economy needs the extra revenue when its going through a bad period ....
  • Like 4