The 2015 General Election

tonyh29

General Election 2015  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote at the general election on May 7th?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Regionally based party (SNP, Plaid, DUP, SF etc)
    • Local Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • Spoil Paper
    • Won't bother going to the polls

This poll is closed to new votes

Austerity? Misery?

You don't know you're born.

Here's the Cato Institute's index of economic misery (2013)

world_misery_index_2013_109_countries.pn

I'm sure anyone struggling to pay the bedroom tax, queueing at the food bank, waiting for the phone to ring on their zero hours contract and generally struggling to keep their families fed and warm , while the 1% coin it. Will be delighted to learn how well off they really are.

long as they  can still smoke 20 a day and drink 10 cans of 8 ace  so I'm sure they will still be happy ..

Dot you really believe such stereotyped Daily Mail Guff, 

Austerity? Misery?

I'm sure anyone struggling to pay the bedroom tax, queueing at the food bank, waiting for the phone to ring on their zero hours contract and generally struggling to keep their families fed and warm , while the 1% coin it. Will be delighted to learn how well off they really are.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY THE "BEDROOM TAX" BECAUSE IT ISN'T A $&^%ING TAX.

Sorry for the caps but that really DOES piss me off. Its a reduction in benefit. Trouble is that doesn't sound as sexy to the media as "bedroom tax" a bizarre and utterly incorrect comparison to the window tax 200 years ago.

If something like that pisses you off, you really need to get out more.

Austerity? Misery?

The country with the largest oil reserves on the planet, and a population of just 30 million people (who by rights could all be millionaires) is second on that list.

Austerity? Misery?

The country with the largest oil reserves on the planet, and a population of just 30 million people (who by rights could all be millionaires) is second on that list.

Really. I thought the largest known oil reserves were in Siberia.

Interesting from a personal point of view. I've always identified myself more towards the right...

A3KRo8J.png

Edited by Xela

Interesting from a personal point of view. I've always identified myself more towards the right...

A3KRo8J.png

Not far off mine ... Havent seen any from the left leaning posters but based on ours it probably means they are on the grid somewhere in the top right :)

A3KRo8J.png

Not far off mine ... Havent seen any from the left leaning posters but based on ours it probably means they are on the grid somewhere in the top right :)
Same as me and the wife..

Greens should be getting plenty of votes this year then! [emoji14]

Sounds like I got my passport in time then.

Sorry VA, flying to Spain for a holiday is worse than killing children. No more travel for you. 

• Like 3

Ed Miliband seems to be trying to draw students away from the Green vote by offering them a bribe with a reduction in tuition fees.

Trying to bribe young people out of their idealism has the sulphurous stink of Faust about it, and reveals Miliband as the cynical centre-right phoney we suspect him to be.

No one was surprised when Thatcher was bribing voters to ditch their class allegiances for the right to buy their council house, because she was obviously an adherent of Adam Smith's view of human nature, but surely a Labour leader must have different values than that, to have any credence? 

Edited by MakemineVanilla

...Adam Smith's view of human nature...

How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it, except the pleasure of seeing it.

...Adam Smith's view of human nature...

How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it, except the pleasure of seeing it.

Nicely refuted, old boy!  :thumb:

Definitely a necessary caveat to his assertion that the butcher and the baker take the trouble to provide meat and bread out of self-interest - the 'invisible hand' in economic exchange.

And often conveniently ignored by Thatcherite types. :)

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Like 1

Ed Miliband seems to be trying to draw students away from the Green vote by offering them a bribe with a reduction in tuition fees.

Trying to bribe young people out of their idealism has the sulphurous stink of Faust about it, and reveals Miliband as the cynical centre-right phoney we suspect him to be.

No one was surprised when Thatcher was bribing voters to ditch their class allegiances for the right to buy their council house, because she was obviously an adherent of Adam Smith's view of human nature, but surely a Labour leader must have different values than that, to have any credence? 

I'm sure if the tories were offering a reduction in tuituion fees you wouldn't be so cynical ;)

A3KRo8J.png

Good job there are some lefties like me and you Tony to keep the Tory boys in check. 

• Like 2