Superbowl XLIX

Tegis

Superbowl poll  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the superbowl?

• Patriots
    • Seahawks

Bevell is **** worse than Lambert

I was going to ask who got the tactics more wrong in the past 24 hours.

There's one reliable way to beat the Patriots in a big spot (the Giants have it down pat, and the Ravens can do it): get consistent pressure from a 4-man pass rush and drop 7 into coverage. It seemed to me that the Seahawks were doing that until they got the 10 point lead, at which point they got too aggressive on defense (which is their standard operating procedure: get a lead and then have an avalanche from the defense and Lynch destroy the opposition). Losing Avril really hurt them there, but I think the defensive playcalling was questionable late, too.

I thought we had lost yet another SB on another fluke catch. I was already trying to prepare my mind for an even deeper level of anguish. But the football gods had other plans this time. Simply incredible ending, I don't think we'll ever see something like that again. 

That was trench warfare on the scrimmage line tonight, both teams were just mashing. Lynch was a beast again, and it's a total head scratcher that they passed it in that spot at the end. Carroll said something about clock management, but with the ball at the 1 and Lynch as your back, just give him the ball. They still had a timeout as well. They just overthought the situation when all they needed to do was keep it simple. Devastating for Seahawk fans, Stefan, I feel your pain man. Boston sports history is littered with heartbreak.

But what you have with Seattle is a team built to play in multiple Super Bowls, so enjoy the ride, even though it's bumpy. This was a classic game for the history books, people will talk about this one for a long time. And as a long suffering Patriots fan since the late 70's, trust me, losing the Super Bowl is so much better than sucking every year. You'll be back. Hell, maybe a rematch next season?

Yup great game tonight and despite the bad call, that was one hell of a play to seal it!  Just perfect jumping of the route.

Undrafted rookie makes the greatest defensive play in Patriots history. Incredible.

great game, enjoyed it muchly.

Thought the right team won.

makes "our" footy seem cack

It's a great sport. Not perfect, but great spectacle, especially in big games that go down to the wire. I think if more people bothered to learn the rules and the strategy, they'd really like it. It's like Americans who hate (soccer). If they just learned the offsides rule, it would all make sense. But they don't, so all they see is guys aimlessly kicking a ball around with no deeper understanding of what is actually happening on the pitch. 

Three things, 1. Boo Patriots Boo 2. How can you not give the ball to beast mode? 3. Why officiate the game one way all season and then throw everything out the window for the SuperBowl. The lack of consistency is a joke and the officials last night were clearly told not to throw any flags unless they were 100% sure it was a foul.

Props to Wilson at the end aswell, kept it together, a class act i dont think i'd be in any state to control myself after that.

Props to Marshawn Lynch after the game. If I was him I'm not sure I would have been so reserved.

Simply incredible ending, I don't think we'll ever see something like that again. 

Isn't that a line we use every other year then "amazing shit" happens.....again :)

I **** love this game

kevin-dyson.jpg

Super-Bowl-XXV-Jan.-27-1991-Scott-Norwoo

2-davidtyree.jpg

dal_sbmoments_08.jpg

Ok, this one is personal but still....

dal_sbmoments_07.jpg

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 1

I heard a couple of times in the build up various people saying it needs to be a tight game that comes down to the last play for the good of the league, whilst it wasn't a classic I really enjoyed last year, I think I had more sense of disbelief last year then I did last night, last night went nuts in the last 2 minutes, last year went nuts after about 12 seconds

Not much to add to what has been said above.

I agree with Kurt when he says they were trying to be too clever and it doesn't work very often.  If you were making a case for throwing the ball (and I'm NOT, but if you were...) you might say it was SUCH an obvious running play that throwing it might catch the defence off guard and you'd look clever if it worked (that's the biggest 'if' evarrr).  But you have to play the percentages in that situation with everything on the line.  Once the ball is in the air you're simply no longer in control of the situation.

What I was thinking about afterwards was this.  Brady walked off the field at 28-24 with ~2:00 left  He didn't know at the time but it turns out he had effectively completed his night's work at that point.  Now in light of the result of the game, people are now discussing him as a GOAT based on having 4 rings instead of 3, and yet if Seattle hadn't shat the bed, Brady's performance would have been every bit as good as it was, but he'd only have 3 rings.  The discussions probably wouldn't be as vociferous now, even though it would be through absolutely no fault of his own.

When the dirty Seahawks made a TD play with 6 seconds on the clock to half time , Carroll was a genius

When they made a play with 20 secs to go and It didn't work suddenly he's made the worst play in history ...

Who'd be a coach hey

What I was thinking about afterwards was this.  Brady walked off the field at 28-24 with ~2:00 left  He didn't know at the time but it turns out he had effectively completed his night's work at that point.  Now in light of the result of the game, people are now discussing him as a GOAT based on having 4 rings instead of 3, and yet if Seattle hadn't shat the bed, Brady's performance would have been every bit as good as it was, but he'd only have 3 rings.  The discussions probably wouldn't be as vociferous now, even though it would be through absolutely no fault of his own.

Yeah that's a fair point. Sports fan, eh, our logic goes right out of the window. :lol:

When the dirty Seahawks made a TD play with 6 seconds on the clock to half time , Carroll was a genius

When they made a play with 20 secs to go and It didn't work suddenly he's made the worst play in history ...

Who'd be a coach hey

Completely different situations, you have 3 downs with Lynch, tbh you run that ball 3 times if you have too and if you dont somehow pound it across then i think people would accept that as incredible D.

Who'd be a coach hey

Absolutely nothing to do with Carroll.

As Cliffy said, not running is criminal.

The day after. Still heartbroken. What a way to lose.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â