Carles Gil

bose

Good luck to him. He was clearly a very skillful player but for me lacked strength and didn't have a turn of pass to make up for it and was too easily bullied out of games.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Not once in pre season have I thought he could make a difference for us this season, Ayew, Adama, Amavi, Gana, Grealish, all players imo who could do very well in championship but tbh Gil I've just forgotten about and just remembered he's still here from some of the training pics.

He was good first 4-5 games here and then pretty overhyped afterwards. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sonic_bouma said:

Not really digging these season long loans of players that could prove to be useful.

Veretout and now Gil. So far we've got rid of zero of the wasters. Frustrating.

My sentiments exactly

I thought that he could have done a job for us against the sort of defenders he would have come up against. Either he did not want to put that to the test or RDM felt he would not. As I said with Jordan I trust we will have agreed that they will pay 100% of his wages and pay what we did for the player or failing that we will insist on a sell-on clause of say 25% of the difference between what they pay us and what they receive on selling him elsewhere.   

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Couldn't run, beat a man, had no right foot, didn't create, had a piss weak shot and was easily pushed off the ball and outfought...but hey, he was Spanish and left footed.

Utter crap.

Presumably he still is.

25 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I like Gil. He never complained, always was a real pro. And he had skilzzzz!

Good luck, Carles.

He actually did complain - was reported to be having a "showdown" meeting with Sherwood about why he wasn't playing. (Obvs didn't go too well.)

Also his agent made clear at the end of last season he wasn't prepared to play for Villa in the Championship. 

We only need people who are going to give their all to help us succeed in the lower division so this sounds like a good plan to create some space.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â