Carles Gil

bose

It may just be that as some have stated already Sherwood is just waiting until we have some more points on the board before he starts giving Gil a chance.

As it stands Hutton will struggle to get back in the team, so will Cissokho, Richardson. Weimann is also on the fringe right now.

Then there is Cole and Vlaar and hopefully in a few weeks Kozak.

Gil has been mostly superb and hopefully he'll be back in a Villa shirt soon, but I think we should just trust Sherwood for now. 

• Like 1

It may just be that as some have stated already Sherwood is just waiting until we have some more points on the board before he starts giving Gil a chance.

As it stands Hutton will struggle to get back in the team, so will Cissokho, Richardson. Weimann is also on the fringe right now.

Then there is Cole and Vlaar and hopefully in a few weeks Kozak.

Gil has been mostly superb and hopefully he'll be back in a Villa shirt soon, but I think we should just trust Sherwood for now. 

:blink:

listening to sherwood talking on MOTD i think its all down to pace on the counter, nzogbia can run with the ball, weimann can play on the counter, then you have gabby and sinclair, whether or not gil takes too many touches or sucks the pace out of counters in training

we all know he's got technical ability but it looks like we're going for the bollock it forward as quickly as possible approach instead which doesnt always need technically sound players, hopefully we can still utilise him and adapt the counter attacking style for games where teams get men behind the ball, for as good as the counter attacking was under MON we all remember wigan at home

the strangest thing about all of it is the positive comments sherwood said about him after about 3 days in charge, i dont think its a case of he doesnt like him

I think this is a classic case of it not just being about ability. Jose was criticised for benching Mata even though he was one of the best players in terms of ability in the squad. It's not just about ability it's about how you fit in to a team. It takes balls for a manager to drop a player that is technically better than most. Respect to Sherwood right now.

I feel as though he just doesn't fancy him, for whatever reason, because if he did, why would he bring Weimann on after 75 odd minutes today rather than Gil? 

Energy - we were 4 goals ahead and he wanted to keep a clean sheet.

From everything that Sherwood has said, I really think that it's a case of Gil being the player we deserve, but not the player we need right now.

Sherwood is abandoning the possession-based football for the most part and concentrating on the fast break and counter-attacking style of play. He obviously doesn't think Gil is that kind of player and quite rightly so, but I would have like to see him come on in the second half today since we were rarely at risk of conceding. I also would have liked to see him come on against the Baggies when we were struggling to create.

He's a good option to have creatively and we should use him when Plan A isn't working or like today when we had the luxury of taking the foot off the pedal -- though I personally thought we should have kept pressing for more.

The issue with gill is he's not disciplined enough. Against stoke he was played as a right winger but he was central most of the game. He will get his chances but at the moment he's not better than nzogbia or Sinclair.

• Like 1

I honestly don't think that's why. N'Zogbia and Sinclair were drifting into the middle throughout the game today and Gabby and Benteke were drifting out wide to cover them too. They were all moving about and covering each other's positions which is the right way to play.

Gil is a technical player who can thread a pass, keep possession and has the flair and skill to do something special. Right now we're playing quick, high pressure football on the break and he's not that kind of player. When the game comes where a team is sitting back against us and we have most of the ball and can't break through, that's when Gil needs to be on the pitch to make something happen and give us some much needed creativity. We didn't need that today so not playing him was fine, but we will need him in future and I can only hope that Sherwood recognises that.

I think it's a communication issue. Gil probably not getting the instructions / tactics right. No time for bedding him in.

Honestly just doesn't make sense how yes not featuring. Maybe he's lazy in training. Doesn't appear Lazy in matches though

Can see him off in the Summer.

Be a real shame if he's not given a go in this confident side.

"Given a go"? This is not playschool, it's serious business. Winning games is all that matters. I like the lad, seriously, but we are not Aston Carles.

That's not an attack on you personally by the way, just a general feeling of frustration I have with regards this subject. Perhaps it's me not understanding something?

It's got echoes of signing a player to fit a particular shape and then changing the shape ala bent. Neither instance is the player's fault but does seem like a huge waste of talent. 

Swansea would seem to be a game where Gil would be useful, Swansea's full backs will probably deal far more competently with our attack. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â