New manager

reykjavik

At least Sherwood may give the youth a chance I guess. Although he possibly only did that at Spurs cause he knew them well...

Reports suggest that Fox is looking for a manager who will place more emphasis on youth promotion. It would explain the preference for Sherwood who was always highly rated as a youth coach.

The big problem there is we don't have any youths to promote 

If thats Fox's big idea we really are in the dung !!

At least Sherwood may give the youth a chance I guess. Although he possibly only did that at Spurs cause he knew them well...

Reports suggest that Fox is looking for a manager who will place more emphasis on youth promotion. It would explain the preference for Sherwood who was always highly rated as a youth coach.

That is not necessarily what would attract me....it would be his no nonsense approach and positive decision making.

I am looking at a no nonsense guy who will not stand to be messed around....He is young, so up to speed with the modern game....has a link with the metropolis where EVERYTHING seems to happen these days.

Has plenty of contacts....It has to be Tim Sherwood.

what contacts? Harry Redknapp and his media buddies

What "reports "?

I quite like Sherwood's 'fire in his belly' but, if it is to be him, I am concerned about his lack of experience and his lack of tactical nous. Can't help feel a bit of unease - maybe that's just because the club have made such a bad fist at recruitment down the years.

Aston Villa in advanced talks with Tim Sherwood

By John Percy

8:48PM GMT 13 Feb 2015

Former Tottenham Hotspur head coach the favourite to fill vacant role at Villa Park

Tim Sherwood is in advanced talks with Aston Villa and has emerged as the front runner to take over at the Premier League strugglers.

Sherwood is a serious contender to succeed Paul Lambert and is closing in on the post after extensive negotiations with Villa’s chief executive Tom Fox.

The former Tottenham Hotspur head coach suits the club’s long-term vision and could even be appointed in the next 48 hours.

Villa are determined to make an appointment quickly and Sherwood is one of the first candidates to have been interviewed over the post.

Randy Lerner, the chairman, is reluctant to find a short-term solution and wants the new manager to plan for the next three years, with the immediate task of avoiding relegation to the Championship.

That strategy would undoubtedly appeal to Sherwood, who was controversially dismissed by Spurs towards the end of last season, and he is anxious to make a swift return to top-flight management.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11412474/Aston-Villa-in-advanced-talks-with-Tim-Sherwood.html

• Like 1

Tim Sherwood isn't someone I would want as manager at Villa, he looked out of his depth at Spurs and didn't really impress even though the squad cost way over £100m. Not sure he'd do too well in our current predicament, I think if we go for him he'd be the manager that takes us down.

SSN, Telegraph, Mailsport now a few others running the Sherwood story, seems it's him.

yes because these people always have a grip on what happens at Villa

nobody "always has a grip" on any club. John Percy for example is as reliable as it comes, up to you whether you believe it but this is hardly tribal football or rumour mill.