New manager

reykjavik

Lambert > Sherwood

Answer me this - how can Sherwood possibly be worse - how worse can it get from not scoring goals and now winning games?

Definitely being relegated by Lambert > possibly being relegated by Sherwood for some evidently.

Yep, it was nailed on with Lambert and only a possibility with Sherwood. 

midlands journos would surely would've got a sniff.not one of em saying him and he's been to villa park enough.if it was sherwood every bookie would shut down the market.

Edited by krisagg75

I'm hoping it's a Wenger style coach from the continent to pick up the torch from Lambert. But you've got to wonder what Sherwood's being doing at Villa Park recently, it can't be for nothing, Don't think he's been seen at any other grounds.

What's all this about Sherwood at VP? I keep reading it but so far I've only seen one photo of a guy in the Holte who looked about 20 years older than him.

Sky have suspended betting on the Villa manager (I think).

It happens every night, every bookie is different. Just incase news breaks overnight and they can't react to the prices quick enough.

No but they've removed the entire page.

don't think it is him but as long as we stay up who cares.looked on vital villa as i was bored and a spurs fan on there rated him and said he got the team fit and motivated.still don't think it's him mind as the cockney press would know as he seems to have the same mates as arry

So sherwood it is...

Rather an uninspiring appointment ... But then we are kinda used to that by now

Have I missed something? What makes you so sure Tony?
??? What's going on
Collymore said something and it has been taken as fact.
Doug has incorrectly jumped to conclusions without knowing facts :P

Until a few minutes ago I was unaware of Collymores comments , me being anti twitter and all that

I heard from another source , someone who isnt prone to attention seeking so thus I'm inclined to believe him and what he said.... It's true he could be wrong but I'm going to go with his view until I'm informed otherwise

Is it your usual one? Often spot on about the team in blue aren't they? It makes sense it would be Sherwood:

He's been at the last few games.

We need a quick appointment - that means one out of work.

We need a coach, not an 'old school' manager due to the lack of coaching staff and current employment drive for a director of football

We can scare ourselves with what Spurs fans have said, but we all know what Spurs fans are like. We were down without taking a risk - if Sherwood is the risk and doesn't turn out as hoped - we've only got until May to put up with him anyway.

No ... Dont get much from her nowadays , her boss moved roles so she isn't close to first team matters anymore ...

VT has put me off Sherwood in the last 24 hours.

Why? Interested as I haven't been on VT much over the last 48 hours. 

I quite like him to b fair... didn't at first but he's grown on me. 

Yes I'd be happy if its him. 

I don't think Sherwood is nearly as bad a choice as people are making out. It's basically been a character assassination on pretty limited evidence as far as I can see. If it is him then it's a fair enough appointment under the circumstances.

Don't think it will be him (and frankly hope not), but I agree people are way too quick to write him off. 

A friend of mine who is well connected at WBA - relayed the following to me from a high ranking source at WBA (Take it or leave it please)

Sherwood kept moving the goalposts when negotiating with WBA, Hed verbally agree a deal, then ask for a couple more proviso's - in the end they didn't think he would come even if they pandered to every demand. Prior to Tuesday reckoned that Lamberts job was safe - there was (as far as he knew ) no plot to oust him.  Also said villa should go for Allardyce - who would love the chance to manage villa 

I'm hoping it's a Wenger style coach from the continent to pick up the torch from Lambert. But you've got to wonder what Sherwood's being doing at Villa Park recently, it can't be for nothing, Don't think he's been seen at any other grounds.

What's all this about Sherwood at VP? I keep reading it but so far I've only seen one photo of a guy in the Holte who looked about 20 years older than him.

He was at the last game I went to - Palace - 0-0 - I was sat in Trinity Upper and he was in the posh seats a few away from Pardew. Sherwood was then photographed there next home game too....

There was one of him and a few others that looked kind of suggestive of him but it was hard to make a certain Id. Looks like we'll be seeing a lot of him at VIlla Park now though.